The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 2)

Also for LB2: I was like, ok fine, I feel dirty and I hate it, but let’s get the benefit of the stat boost and the aether powers

First choice was obviously Proteus, just love him

Then after that…

I was like, too many heroes I want to Lb. Then I have to level them again. I’m tired, bah, let me finish the heroes in queue and worry about this later

So that’s my LB experience so far

6 Likes

I feel the same. I would like to 2LB some of my epic heroes or my 2C. Domitia, but I have so many of other heroes that are waiting for months to be maxed. I should stop pulling new heroes from portals, but I can’t help it. :roll_eyes: I like summoning too much, since the beginning of this year I had to buy roster space 3 times. :grin:
I’m still not sure if I should 2LB rare or epic heroes first. I think I’ll wait a few months and see how many of alpha aethers I can collect.

5 Likes

I’d say that for F2P, it’s best to initially LB key 4* and 3*, but usually those you use a lot in different locations. Definitely won’t focus on heroes like cBrienne or Nordri, because they are easy enough to keep alive vs Titans via resurrection scrolls and/or Time Stops. Bertulf is probably more worthy to LB2. Not sure about Proteus unless you use him everywhere, but the damage reduction is definitely nice. My choices would be heroes like ccCaedmon, Sonya with and without costume, because dispel is key (even more so with new talents unlocked). Moreover ccCaedmon is not only dispel but also strong hit-3.

2 Likes

Same, same! I know it’s dangerous but summoning just gives too much of a rush, and I always think “well, at least I have the hero, even if it’ll take months before I can max it!” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

thanks for the thoughts. I’m more casual rather than competitive, so I chose my favorite whom I use a lot. And I’m too casual to be overly bothered by second aethers, so I’ll stop there for now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love Edelaide, she a 3* wrecking crew for events for me. I may end up resetting Ranvir, who now only get use on purples and reds, and using her. The Druid emblems would be better in Grace and Zim. TBD, no rush. Great hero though!

My Wu is +20 and LB’d but strictly on the costume side. He is great there. I had Ranvir so I didn’t need him on titans.

I LB’d +19 or 20 a Melia to use with Ranvir to try and boost my scores. I ended up ending the experiment because she simply can’t stay alive. The difference is most heroes take 2 hits, but she just rarely survived a single hit. She gets used on events still, it wasn’t a waste by any means. I could rehash the titan attempt with the stat boost.

I always end up being mad at myself when I do that! :laughing: I am glad it worked out for you though! Ares looks aesthetically cool, I have always thought so, and the costume doesn’t wreck that. Red healers aren’t easy to get either, so congrats!

Nice 2LB choice @sleepyhead ! I would love to see the stats when done.

For me that’s different. Titans are daily and a great source of loot. I have always believed in maximizing titan scores paying off. That being said what makes it a great way to get loot is the low/cheap item usage. Again, you do them daily. For me to burn scrolls and time stops every time I use a team with a 3* would be too expensive and unsustainable. Maybe not so much with scrolls since I have 100’s, I never use them, but time stops for sure. That’s just how I play though.

I started looking at my heroes and what special ability they get for 2LB’s:

• First, this is a crazy Amy of information. I literally may need to make a spreadsheet. :laughing:

• Some abilities make no sense for the hero. I wanted to potentially boost Mist and CoD for survivability. They both have A up, kind of a waste.

• I saw Azmia get D reduction and Ferent gets regen. Those are both great! I may need to resurrect my riposte D if I 2LB them!

Good luck out there, this 2LB thing will be the talk for a while I expect. I wonder when heroes become usable? As more heroes are 2LB a simply maxed, or lowly elblemed, hero probably won’t cut it. Kind of a sad thought for how long it takes to get and level a hero they’re still not usable… anyways ….

:beers:

4 Likes

even with 5* Titans I have to be careful with her, though she can take a hit. I imagine she’s much tougher to keep alive on higher star Titans!

4 Likes

thanks @Muchacho , I will remember to come back with a screenshot once done :slight_smile:

and I agree, it’s such a lot of information re which hero gets what aether power… I’ll just wait, it’s a bit much for me at the moment lol

2 Likes

I´ll deffinitly use it on my ferant, i love that hero and the regen makes him even greater, really happy about it^^

2 Likes

This is the way to go. Which heroes are just fun to use?

I’m still on the fence…

2 Likes

Right? For us more-casual-than-competitive players, we get to prioritise fun more. Yeehah!

3 Likes

My current favorite is Waddles, but he can already hang with the five stars, so I’m not sure he needs it. I’m considering a four star minion maker (Mielikki or Zhou Yu or both), but so far every time I have tried to make my minion heroes stronger it has been a waste of time (see limit breaking Frosth).
Let me know if you all see 2LB’d minion makers in the wild!

3 Likes

My earlier post had a lvl 86 Wo3K hero. The HP will be huge, so if new minions are taking 30%, etc blowing thru them really won’t be an option anymore once there are multiples on a hero. If minions stay prevalent removers are more important than ever.

:beers:

3 Likes

Thanks. The hardest thing to figure is Zhou Yu’s minion’s burn damage. Un-emblemed or LB’d, they give 147 damage over three turns (about 1/4 of his attack), but my +20 LB LB’d Zhou Yu’s minions deal 261 damage/3 turns (about 1/3 of his attack). If that ratio holds, they would do a hair over 300 damage/3 turns, but I don’t see any reason to think it would be the same since it seems to change…

4 Likes

Zhou Yu is my next red project. So i am glad to see those numbers^^.

with 2nd LB he gets the attack boost for 6 turns. Does that apply to the burn dmg aswell? if you manage to get him off in those 6 turns? Because as far as i know regular attack buffs dont count into minion/DoT dmg. But i might be mistaken.

Can you enlighten me?

3 Likes

I remember reading a post where it was confirmed that temporary/dispellable attack boosts do not apply to minion damage.
(on the other hand, defense debuffs DO apply to minion damage). I observed both of these when farming, though I could be wrong.

the below might help.

this thread also shows that crit boosts do seem to affect minions. but it was hard to test/observe as there was no crit indicator when a critical hit did happen.

3 Likes

thx a lot
20 chars of thx

2 Likes

I don’t have pictures, but recently I’ve started using G. Chameleon with Freya and I noticed that her minions deal critical damage. So it definitely works. Also a great combination of heroes are Melia and Kvasir.

5 Likes

thanks for confirming :slight_smile: it’s good to know that this can happen!

2 Likes

That is a really good question. I would assume it does not since the aether skills seem to function the same as normal buffs. Minion attack stats are still something of a mystery to me. Since the screen only tells us their health, it is very hard to know what is going on!

If/when I pull the trigger on this, I will let you know. In the meantime, here is what my LB’d +19 Zhou Yu looks like. I really enjoy him for playing levels, but have not had a lot of success using him in PvP.

3 Likes