The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

@Sorvina I’ve finished all of them, was something I was really looking forward to when it first came out so planned through the entire thing the time when I had very little in the roster for if failed a level. I still use unleveled 3s/ 4s the first couple of levels, then a smattering of heroes I’m currently working on to see if worth sticking with.

@Saros no I’ve not been a HA9 user really. I have plenty mana troops in all the other colours. It’s just blue for some reason that taunts me. I mainly use HA for trainer heroes and HA1/3 speed levelling when needed. With my reluctance to farm I don’t normally have huge stocks of recruits, why I get is best positioned elsewhere for levelling than troop chasing. If it was more than just blue I needed I would consider it, but as things stand it’s been long enough that I just accept it and have learned to deal with it.

@Engage I’ve never considered that it’s an interesting theory.

2 Likes

I think S3 on the whole has quite a few useful 3/4 star heroes. Part of it is probably because there are a lot more than there were in S4, so the few duds in S3 aren’t so bad. OTOH, there are a bunch of duds in S4 (Morris, Vollermork, Rokkamush) relative to the amount of available heroes.
The thing about S5 heroes is that even if the heroes are average/mediocre, their passives and family bonuses are pretty useful. For example, a Morris who has a passive to potentially cause damage and give an ailment is a lot more useful than someone who just hides and strikes after a few turns.

4 Likes

This is gonna be a tangent, but the passives and family bonuses are becoming more and more powerful. Power creep in action!

But then with the passives and family bonuses, it goes a ways towards becoming: well, just summon in newer seasons as even if there are fewer 3* and 4* overall, at least they have the passives that older ones don’t!

1 Like

It’s not really that much a tangent. The presence of these “passives” are making the newer heroes quite a bit more desirable regardless of whatever their regular special does.

But then, I bet there will be a hero that cancels out passives.

3 Likes

Alright, so over on the Soul Exchange thread this has been identified as the likely SE heroes. I’m unimpressed with the 10/15, but in true F2P fashion I’m looking for value and not top tier heroes. Anyone see heroes you think are good values here?
10 Souls :

Khiona | Ranvir | Lady Locke | Natalya | Raffaele

15 Souls :

Senan | Aouda | Zeline | Capt Kestrel | Theobald

20 Souls :

Onyx | Director Zuri | Quenell | Asterius | Morel

2 Likes

I think the 15 tier has value. Auoda is a heavy hit that hasn’t lost out to power creep. Zeline is not what she once was, but dispell buffs and attk down at fast is good, with some LB love has potential to still be a good add for FTP. Theobal too with green reflect is strong. So many big green hitters he would deal with.

Less impressed by the 20 this time round

10 tier I’d avoid. Still love for the RAF but not sure I’d trade knowing if could get 5 or 10 more for a couple down the line to get something much more worthwhile

3 Likes

Logical progression :slight_smile: we have a hero that cancels out class talents… some time back we didn’t have heroes that were anti fiend…

3 Likes

Aouda is probably the only one I’d consider. Theobald is impressive in how diverse the effects of his special are, but I’ve got enough slow blue heroes and holy needs help. Im not sure Aouda is that much help though!

We’ll see if the list holds up.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. I started to think about it, then… well… I only have 2 feeder 5* now so that won’t work!

3 Likes

That’s funny, of the 3 I think have value in that tier I’d probably place her last. But it’s interesting how different rosters work. An LB Joon for me (especially if lucky enough to have costume) is just a step below her, but she would let save aethers for elsewhere

2 Likes

I think you are right and she is not worth it, my holys just need help and I’m trying to make it happen this is ALL my holy five stars:

1 Like

Yeah I think for us the low/ no spend the most important thing is not to go chasing for a usable piece, when something else may turn up next time that can’t be taken because of who picked up before.

2 Likes

Lol, mine is just Joon no costume, Leónidas no costume, I need more hitters at least you have devana she is good

1 Like

I have 8-9 (depending on whether you count the one in HA10), plus what will be about 100 TC20 pulls. I’m currently thinking that if this is the list I’ll just let my TCs continue to grow. Hopefully I’ll get something fun from CF2… :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I love Devana-she’s a great F2P hero because she is so diverse, but after 3 1/2 years it seems like I should have a little more depth here!

Good luck, hope RNG is on your side!

I’ve often thought myself how I would decide to pull in soul exchange… I guess if there were a hero I really really really wanted. Will see when the time comes

1 Like

In the abstract, I think Raff at 10 is pretty good, but only if you need a hero that does what he does. I love mine.

If this list holds up, I’m good. I don’t see anyone I can’t live without. Morel is annoying as heck, but I’m already pretty loaded in blue, so I’m not breaking the bank for him. Director Zuri is also a fantastic healer, but I already have Viv and Gullinbursti for yellow healers, and I hope to pick up D’Andre and Candy in CF 2. That’s probably enough healers in one color.

1 Like

I mean, YMMV. Personally, I don’t see anyone of interest, aside from Director Zuri and Raffaele as I could use some 5 star healers. But even then, they aren’t ones I’m going to jump on.
Really depends on if there is a critical gap in your roster that these heroes could fill, and to be honest, I don’t see one.

1 Like

I agree-like Kunchen at 10 last time. Of course Raf is the only hero I have on this list!

Zuri is probably the one I would take at 20. I would love to have her, but unless TC20 feels like 10% instead of 5% that isn’t going to happen.

How many CF2 pulls do you have to have such a hope?

2 Likes

I would really love to upgrade my war tank (currently using cb Khagan!), but there don’t seem to be any tanks here.

1 Like