The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Should be enough for 11-12 coin pulls after finishing the event, plus I’m sitting on about 8500+ gems. I also have almost $15 USD in Google Play credit, but I figure if I haven’t gotten what I want by the time I do 40-something pulls with my coins and gems, it probably just isn’t my event. I want to save my Play credit for Black Friday in hopes that the November purple HotM is good.

Candy is a three-star and D’Andre a four, so I’m thinking it’s not unreasonable to hope for them.

3 Likes

Unless you are coordinating colors, Khagan isn’t a bad tank. When he fires, he hits hard. I think I had trialed him as tank (no CB, but with emblems) in rush war and he can be deadly. But if you are looking for a tank specifically, nothing here.
But likewise, I’ll mention that in rush wars Raffaele could be used as a tank (if you need to switch to blue) because he has the monk resist ability (occurs so often when I’m trying a mana control special) and with him firing all the time, he’ll keep his health up pretty well. Normally, healers aren’t good tanks, but if you surround with some heavy hitters (like Khagan), the battle could end quickly if the boards are less than optimal.

1 Like

I have been using him for all wars. He’s not a bad tank and probably I should put Kunchen back in as tank, but I have used him for years and I’m just tired of seeing his face!

We don’t coordinate tanks, but my roster is very slow overall. I’ve thought about putting c Elkanen or even Clarissa at tank just to speed things up!

1 Like

I usually use Clarissa, but not too useful in war equalizer… so I’m kind of stuck when it comes to purple tanks. Currently with rush I’m running Chakkosrot who took Quintus’ spot. Actually, the only color I’m somewhat fine with is yellow (Onatel or Drake). Red, my choice kind of alternates between JF, Khagan, or Elena. Blue, Richard or Krampus. Green… MN. So I’m not really flush with tank choices either.

2 Likes

Work with what you have, that’s the name of the game!

2 Likes

interesting: Theobald caught my eye for the Green reflect, however it IS situational. I have Ursena for Yellow reflect, and I don’t use her that often on offense - most defenses are still rainbow, and often that one Yellow is a healer/buffer, so there’s nothing to reflect. so IDK if he’s worth 15 5*

as others have said, Zuri and Raffaele if you really lack healers, though personally I would make do with my Kiril / Azmia / Lady Wooly / Vivica (20 5*s IS a steep price!)

many of the others are good, but I don’t know if I would pay 10/15/20 heroes for them

2 Likes

Nice. Here’s hoping the RNG smiles on you! I’ll have 3 coin pulls and 1500 gems-both of which are a lot for me.

2 Likes

:thinking:

Now I’m curious about your roster. Care to show me yours? I can show you mine too.

1 Like

Thank you @Quinn3! :smile:

1 Like

It’s good, but haven’t seen a level 90+ person worse though lol.

Maybe only thing not updated is silvaria is maxed and +20 now.

Anyways level is such an arbitrary requirement, level 90+ when I see many people 70s much stronger… Some lower than that of course too, but really not uncommon for 70s to be better due to spend levels.

2 Likes

Still, it’s all relative. I’m at level 87, which means I’m what 3 months from 90? If you’re looking at 5* heroes as a measure, mine is worse (by pure numbers). I’m not likely going to catch up to you in that time.

It has been updated since the screenshot, namely Kara is completed. But during wars, I depend heavily on my multiple 4 star heroes and stacking 3-1-1.

1 Like

I depend on multiple 4* too while 5* may be more there aren’t enough healers, dispellers, cleansers to ever be enough.

Regardless my point was it is also that it is all relative, level 90 is an arbitrary point of entry to an alliance.

4 Likes

this is a great point, level only means one has been playing the game longer. It says nothing about the state of the roster - or even of troops. after all, spending is still probably the best predictor of how good a roster is (or at least, the available heroes = spending won’t guarantee hero levels :stuck_out_tongue: ) and even then, spending is no guarantee either

2 Likes

Level should give an indication of troops, low or moderate spenders don’t seem to focus on troops, while the map grinding is the best source of free troops… Although RNG does mess with you there too, the only reasons I don’t have a set of 29 Manas is it took 2 years 3 months to get the green and then magic troops came out and I decided I should max that instead of Mana so a focus shift with a long term view… Sure I could have leveled that green Mana by now but the magic troop is at 15.

1 Like

level may give an indication of troops, not always of course as you have pointed out - RNG is gonna RNG. I’m also curious if there are long-term players out there who’ve ignored their troops for one reason or another.

I’m not familiar with all the deals and items in shop, so don’t really know what is purchasable to speed up troop levelling. I do know ETTs and gems can be bought, and used to summon troops, so there you go…

1 Like

Oh I agree they can still be bought, I just don’t see happening too much outside of the largest spenders and those in top alliances. From my experience in 100-1000 alliances people spend on heroes, and in fact that can cause them to neglect troops cause they don’t have the resources to feed them.

There are a few ones with large troop depth not in top 100 alliances, but I haven’t seen that much… Usually my troop depth is towards the top of the group if I’m not in top 200 alliance.

1 Like

You have a nice roster, congratulation.
I am level 82, and
I dont think I will have as many maxed 5* heroes as you have in the next 6-8 months.
Here is my actual 5* Roster:

Happy gaming

3 Likes

Hey @Kilted,

Did you see the Soul Loan feature in the new Styx Tower? Different application of the same strategy to drive hero acquisition we were talking about with ToL, only this time it’s unusable classes. Probably why they did away with curses since Soul Loan achieves the same underlying purpose. Just thought you might get a kick out of that.

1 Like

I think it is interesting. Generally speaking there are enough different types of heroes to provide what you need for every class. It obviously was worse before when healers were almost all clerics. I remember that was an issue when it comes to the trials and couldn’t find a healer for certain class trials. It’s better now, and I’m just using healing as an example.

I bet newer players would have issues, but those who have been playing for a while shouldn’t find it too difficult… of course, I hope they handle costume and non-costume versions as separate.

2 Likes

Ran into the same issue with trials — especially with healers. At one point I ran Friar Tuck for some sort of healing in one of the monk trials. Also needed some firepower in another one, so I leveled a sniper in that class.

Agree that a certain point, chances are you’ll have a roster deep enough to handle things, so I should think this approach works best for mid-tier players and newer. That said, I think it can also apply to more experienced players, which is why so many events use time to factor into scoring and loot tiers. I guess for me the idea is to compete at that level, you don’t just need serviceable hero options in all the limiting aspects (color, class, etc.), you need good ones.

2 Likes