The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Did anyone build Alchemy Lab? Is it worth doing?

Also, which building did you convert?

Thank you!

Tagging a few of you @sleepyhead, @CaptainjaKCsparrow, @Muchacho, @Noble_Weasel, @nevarmaor, @TGW, @amrath, @Vikingblood80.

3 Likes

Howdy @akionna!

Unfortunately this is one building I don’t have a lot of great insights on. I basically built it alongside the Hunter Lodge so I could alternate building with researching between the two. This is back when both first came out. I did it because I had no real other base projects at the time. The original intent was to make emblems at the end because they were so rare at that time. It was so long ago I don’t recall which building I used, but I think it was a forge as I only have 2 now. Either the HL or AL was a forge … can’t recall. The other may have been a farm or something?

I then stopped to work towards SH25 and the Hero Academy, which I am still working on. I also had emblem reshuffling and some big hero leveling projects so AL and HL were definitely back burnered. I am not to level 10 yet on my HA, but will be soon. As a result my AL and HL are still camped at level 7. They have also tweaked how AL functions since the time I was working on it, but I didn’t track at it as it was a low priority for me. I can’t really even say clearly how it works now. I know it is questionable to use for emblems as they are so much more common now. I think I heard you can get non-farmable AM’s, so maybe that would be worth it? I still need like 14 scopes or something :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Anyways, hopefully some of the other people tagged can help, several are pretty sharp players. Sorry I couldn’t help more.

Good luck out there!

:beers:

3 Likes

Thank you @Muchacho! I converted a forge to Hunter’s Lodge, but I don’t use it too much.

The kid really wants to build Alchemy Lab, but I seriously don’t know its purpose. Transform a healing potion into a mana potion?

I’m also working toward SH25, which means all the storages need upgrades. It’s neverending …

I haven’t built it.

But I’ve heard from quite a few that the new version of AL is a very good improvement over the old one… and is a decent way to dispose of unnecessary resources and be able to get some emblems or mats (every 7-10 days, if planned right).

I do not know the exact details as I do not run it… But there’s an excellent thread on how best to utilise AL …

Here you go, @akionna

tl;dr: A combination of levels 4B+5B+6B gives the best bang for buck.

And if you’re someone who has surplus of food (which is the most likely to be surplus among the resources), then I’d suggest convert a farm to AL.
Same suggestion goes for HA too.

I wouldn’t recommend converting a TC because I am assuming you’re still looking for some classic 5* heroes (I know I am…)
I wouldn’t recommend converting an iron mine (well, because there’s only so much iron production… and you need it until all buildings are maxed.)
Maybe you can go for a Forge… then you can keep 2 Forges, 1 forge to Barracks, and the other forge to AL/HA

2 Likes

Thank you @CaptainjaKCsparrow! I will read through the post.

Do you have Hero Academy up and running yet?

1 Like

Started the upgrade to Level 10 just a few minutes back. Long way to go… and still lots of food storages to upgrade. (I have postponed food storage upgrades for quite sometime as I never really felt the need. Now that decision has come back to bite me in the posterior)

I don’t think I can gift the HA10 to myself for new year’s eve… well, maybe Valentines day… HA10 might just give me a Hel :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Very good point! 5 turns mana boost is the longest duration in the game…most likely it is just 4 turns …or even 3!

3 Likes

Of course I did built AL. Even in first version where it was crap.

Oh the purpose is very very clear…get 30 emblems every 9-10 days…and occasionally get a 4* mat. This is not neglectable. Only got a 4* mat once…August 2020.

Brought my AL to 7. Used a forge for it.

HL 9
Barracks 8…switching between HL and Barracks back and forth

HA 7

1 Like

Same here…advanced food 8,8,2

Are you able to store 300 recruits? I didn’t…was on 266…so needed to upgrade my houses,too. Did totally overlook it…now I am on 294.

2 Likes

Yes… brought it to the magic mark of 301 just a week back. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Muchacho thanks for the insights - especially on Khagan’s strengths! looks like I have a good new farming / quest hero in the works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I prioritized Houses to get the free recruits… but my mines and storages are relatively underdeveloped in comparison. which I am feeling now with building Hero Academy…

@CaptainjaKCsparrow many thanks for sharing the link on AL. Good insight on using a farm for that… I generally do have enough food now so I think I will do that…

2 Likes

No way. Even with 6 farms 20 and 3 advanced 10 I do not have enough food to level my troops.

I converted a farm to HA…but changed it back.

2 Likes

Seems like your and my troop levelling criteria (and therefore, frequency) are quite different. :slight_smile:

As I mentioned, my suggestion is aimed at those who find themselves with a surplus of food.

2 Likes

Not only troop leveling…embleming heroes, running AL, leveling heroes.

I had this surplus a year ago…but not anymore like April 2020.

2 Likes

This is where I am over looking and will fall short. I have my HA currently researched and built through level 7. I was then short iron, so I have spent the time since doing storage upgrades and am currently waiting for my third iron storage to finish through level 10. That will allow me to build and research through level 10 HA.

I think my current recruit cap is near 280 or so, so I guess that’ll be next …

:beers:

2 Likes

Good morning, @akionna. (At least, it’s morning where I am.) I just built the Alchemy Lab this week, having recently finished the grind to HA 10 and maxing my houses so I can feed the stupid thing without crippling my training camps. I converted a forge, but that’s probably because I don’t fight big titans, so I don’t really need a Hunter’s Lodge (never built it) and one forge is plenty for me (the others got converted to HA and barracks).

So far, I have researched 1A, 1B, 2A, and 2B. Yesterday was the first time I ran some transmutations. I’m using the thread @CaptainjaKCsparrow referenced as a guide. I have plenty of stuff to run through on 1B for a while, but that thread says I’m likely to run out at some point, because the transmutation only takes an hour. Been trying to replenish food and iron after the last upgrade/research, but I’ll continue upgrading the AL as I am able, at least through the levels mentioned in the thread. Levels 9 and 10 cost gems, so I can’t really see myself using those, and I’m sure they are massively expensive.

I’m basically planning to use it as @Vikingblood80 says - to get some bonus emblems every few days and to give myself a chance at a 4-star mat. The transmutations themselves are worthless, but then again, so are the items I’m chucking into it, so it’s just another way to spin the ol’ RNG wheel. Get enough of them turning, something good is bound to come out sooner or later.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply @Vikingblood80. Actually, I did not know about emblems or 4-star mats.

This is me. I’m always out of food. Troops are expensive. Plus, like you said, embleming and leveling up.

Hello @Noble_Weasel! Thank you for the reply. I must be super slow. I still have to upgrade to SH25. Did you start your first 5-star retraining?

@akionna

This. 08/16/2020

Even titan items might be worthy (only SoA and Hurricanes in my opinion.)

As you can see it is version before the emblem update 10 → 30… but already version 2.0 .

1 Like

I think I’ve done about five retrainings. Nothing exciting yet. Started with my fourth Domitia; kept feeding the resulting heroes back in until I ended up with a second Magni, which I kept. Fed in my fourth Elena; will know the result Wednesday afternoon. Still looking for my first Richard or Elkanen, any five-star event hero, any S2 five-star but Poseidon, and most any past HotM. About a 15% chance to get something I need.

1 Like