🧪 The Beta Beat (v21) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta (an experiment)

@zephyr1, thank you for making this thread! Like many others, I am often at least curious about what’s going on in beta, even if it’s not going to inform my gameplay decisions.

I also appreciate you doing this work and taking time, and hope it will reduce the number of superfluous threads asking a lot of the questions you address.

One criticism: I find the wording, “click for mostly useless information” to be a little flippant. I realize your intent is probably to prevent people from getting too attached to specific statistics and whatnot and then make comments about how it was ‘nerfed from the beta version.’ But a lot of the information is very far from worthless and I don’t think you should undersell it.

For example, having any information about the June and July HOTM’s helps me make decisions about how / when I want to summon during the Sand Event. For me it’ll definitely be July, as a purple sniper would be very valuable to me. Even if the numbers change, the build and concept isn’t going to - that hero would be very welcome on my bench.

I can easily envision other scenarios where people are assisted in other ways - say you’re holding your scopes and want to know if it’s worth waiting until your shot at the August HOTM. Now you have some idea - do those game mechanics sounds interesting or contrived and difficult to employ?

Anyway, the bottom line is this is a great addition and I commend your efforts.

7 Likes

also I’m wondering if the fact that more heroes are being added for Atlantis, means that we’ll get more for the other families in the future. That’d be pretty neat!

The builds and concepts do change sometimes, though — it’s not unheard of for very substantial changes to be made to special skills.

I think it’s useful for general planning purposes, which is why I’m sharing the information, but I really would encourage caution about assuming any piece of what’s in Beta will make it to the live game.

I’m pretty sure no additional hype is needed, people hype Beta content themselves just fine. :wink:

It is flippant, but it’s meant to balance out the tendency to over-assign importance to Beta information — not just for “they nerfed it” reactions, but also as a caution against planning your roster based on future heroes.

Two of the last four HOTM (Kunchen and Anzogh) were released with remarkably different stats than they were last seen in Beta — and for Anzogh, that radically changed everything about him.

Another example: the Christmas Heroes in Beta had replicating Minions like Seshat currently does. Theirs never made it to the live game — Seshat’s might change or be eliminated too.

Ursena’s stats changed twice within a week.

This is the nature of Beta content — I wouldn’t presume that any particular aspect will remain unchanged.

So my recommendation when planning around it is to use it only to decide when to wait to see what comes to the live game.

If a hero looks interesting to you, you might save up tokens and/or gems for their release. Just don’t be disappointed if they turn out to be something different than you expected, and you’re no longer interested. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

We haven’t seen new Season 2 families at all, but there was an accidental release to Beta of a Pirate Family for existing heroes from the Pirates event, plus a new Pirate hero in development.

Those aren’t ready for testing, were not intentionally added to Beta, and have since been removed. So no firm insights there yet.

But it’s safe to say that the developers are at least toying with the idea of adding more Families to the game.

12 Likes

Yay! A new 3*! I’m actually genuinely excited about Muggy. Also, I’m really glad Ursena will be available (can we get the Dark Lord now too???)

Thanks, @zephyr1 for getting everything in one place. I often wonder how beta information gets around and gets so convuluted. Now I have one place to get all my answers.

3 Likes

Sartana pretty much IS the Dark Lord, right? Same special, anyway…

3 Likes

Sartana gives the Dark Lord a list of chores to do on the weekends. :joy:

15 Likes

Doesn’t stop at weekends. Word has it the Dark Lord works from home, so when Sartana gets home, first thing she does is ask why he couldn’t unload the dishwasher.

“I’m not unemployed, Sartana! I don’t go to your job and ask why you couldn’t fold the laundry, do I?!”

8 Likes

I like the “family” concept. I think it adds a good mix of variety to say war teams. Who wants to go 3-2 4-1 color scene always? Nice little change up.

1 Like

The Beta Beat title reminds me of an old timey high school newspaper. I can barely get past it to click on this topic (I have issues)

1 Like

It sounds like you have the whole subscription :wink:

8 Likes

Lol. It seems to be stuck on auto renewal and I cant find the settings button to change it :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Atlantis Rises is officially releasing!

=> 🔱 Atlantis Rises – FAQ & Discussion

The “new heroes” for Atlantis should be Ursena and Muggy.

12 Likes

When will the tournament loot be increased? I was in 1-5% and got nothing special. It’s really hard to be in 1-5%… Especially on the 3* tournaments, when everyone gives all emblems to their heroes

2 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: :trident: Atlantis Rises – FAQ & Discussion

Beta users aren’t likely to have any information on topics like this, unfortunately. Only SG knows what their timeline is for restoring loot, and what conditions they’re looking for to decide that raid tournaments are at a good point to do this. But I have confidence that we’re not going to wait forever.

5 Likes

@Petri

It would be AWESOME if you could give us all some insight on that. What conditions ARE y’all looking for before you un-nerf the raid tourney loot?

7 Likes

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: :test_tube: The Beta Beat (v22) – Sharing the Big Picture on What’s Going on in Beta

A new version of Beta has been released, so I’ve created a new thread.

=> Click Here for Newer Version of Beta Beat (v22)

2 Likes

Cookie Settings