🧪 The Beta Beat (v21) [NOW RELEASED] – Sharing the Big Picture on What's Going on in Beta (an experiment)

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

UPDATE: Version 21 has been released (Release Notes)

=> Click Here for the Newer Version of Beta Beat (v22)

Often players on the Forum wonder about what’s going on in Beta.

If you’re a regular reader of the Forum, then you’ll find that there’s actually abundant conversation about what’s going on in Beta at any given time.

And that’s actually allowed!

What’s restricted is images and videos — but discussion is ok:

The challenge is that information is often scattered around the Forum. I’m aiming to help centralize it for those who are interested.

I’m not sure yet how this thread (or probably series of threads, eventually) will work yet — but I’d like to start by giving some high-level guidance of what’s going on in current testing, so players outside of Beta can be better informed.

Like Beta itself, this thread is experimental and will evolve based on your feedback.

Information from Beta is frankly often mostly useless, so don’t get too attached.

Details from Beta, especially brand-new Beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes and features are changed during Beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release.

That is, after all, the purpose of Beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any information from Beta — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of hero skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to hero stats to be made, or for large chunks of new functionality to be completely changed.

Often Incomplete Information Circulates

Many of us have seen screenshots and other information shared on LINE, Discord, Facebook, and other groups — often without context or explanation.

These can lead to confusion and misunderstanding.

Often, early Beta information — the least reliable or useful — is circulated…and then updated information is missed.

I’m hoping centralizing some high-level information on the Forum may help to reduce this as well.

What’s Going on in Beta Right Now

New HOTM (Heroes of the Month) Being Tested

June – :sun_with_face: Holy – Ranvir

Discussion Thread: New June 2019 HOTM Hero Ranvir- yellow 5* Wu Kong?

Click for Mostly Useless Information

Please remember, hero stats, mana speed, and special skill change EXTREMELY often in Beta.

Don’t get attached to these details — they’re provided for general guidance and insight only.

Ranvir Initial Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 768
Defense: 782
HP: 1126

Class: Druid
Resist: Poison
Element: Holy/Yellow

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Mystic’s Virtue

• Deals 265% damage to the target.
  • All allies get +195% attack and -35% accuracy that only applies when enemy has more health than the attacker. Effect last for 5 turns.
  • Element Link gives all Holy allies +46% defense against Dark for 4 turns. This effect can’t be dispelled.

July – :new_moon_with_face: Dark – Seshat

Discussion Thread: Is There Early Information on July 2019 HOTM? (Seshat)

Please remember, hero stats, mana speed, and special skill change EXTREMELY often in Beta.

Don’t get attached to these details — they’re provided for general guidance and insight only.

August – :snowflake: Ice – Miki

Discussion Thread: :test_tube: Is There Early Information on the August 2019 HOTM (Miki)?

New Atlantis Heroes Being Tested

5* Ursena – :new_moon_with_face: Dark

Discussion Thread: :test_tube: Is There Early Information on Ursena, a new Season 2 5* Legendary Hero?

3* Muggy – :leaves: Nature

Discussion Thread: :test_tube: Is There Early Information on Muggy, a new Season 2 3* Rare Hero?

Muggy Initial Beta Info & Stats

Attack: 634
Defense: 373
HP: 420

Class: Fighter
Family: Lagoon
Element: Nature/Green

Mana Speed: Fast

Special Skill: Bruiser Bros

• All allies get Bruise Bro status for 4 turns. If an ally dies while Bruiser Bro is active they will be reborn in Chameleon Mode with:
  • 66% health.
  • Increased attack.
  • Decreased defense.
  • Devastating Special Skill: Fierce Slash.
  • This effect cannot be dispelled.

Other Testing

Atlantis Rises – NOW RELEASED!

Discussion Thread: 🔱 Atlantis Rises – Schedule, FAQ & Discussion – Next February 4, 2021

Click for Pre-Release Information from Beta

Please remember, live functionality sometimes changes from what was last seen in Beta.

Atlantis Rises was tested relatively briefly in Beta, so I’ll just give an extremely high-level overview of how this appeared to work:

• This appears to be an event meant to coincide with the monthly Atlantis Summons cycle. Note that I say APPEARS, it’s not 100% clear in Beta that’s the case; I’d say I’m 85% confident.

• During the Atlantis Rises event, World Energy costs for Season 2 are reduced, and loot is increased. As this is very new to Beta, this could very well change. In the current version, WE costs are reduced by 3 per Stage, and loot is increased +50%. I don’t think it’s worth becoming attached to the exact amounts stated — my only recommendation at this early stage is that saving World Energy Flasks for additional farming during Atlantis Rises will almost certainly be a wise investment if farming is how you like to use your Flasks.

• During the Atlantis Rises event, Season 2 stages have a chance of spawning rare unique enemies that drop Atlantis Coins as loot. In the current version of Beta, the frequency has been drastically increased for testing purposes — so I can’t provide ANY insight into how often this will happen in the live game, nor how many Atlantis Coins you can reasonably expect to obtain from this.

Possible Changes to Atlantis Summons

Discussion Thread: premature; this is too early and uncertain to discuss much

Please remember, new functionality changes EXTREMELY often in Beta.

This is new to Beta, so I’m just sharing a couple observations about things that have changed — at least for the moment.

• It looks like we will NOT dive back into a repeated cycle of the Featured Season 2 heroes, as Ursena will presumably be offered, perhaps as early as this month. (See details on Ursena above.)

• The Atlantis Summons in Beta now contains Muggy, the new 3* Season 2 hero. (See details on Muggy above.)

• This may well change, but the current Beta version of the Atlantis Summons does NOT contain Non-Featured Season 2 Legendary heroes. Only the two Featured Season 2 Legendary heroes are listed in the Summons, along with two past HOTM. This is like when Atlantis first began, before older Season 2 Legendary heroes were added as Non-Featured. Yep, this changed. Non-Featured Season 2 Legendary heroes are back in the Atlantis Summons.

• I have no firm insight to share on which heroes will be Featured in upcoming Atlantis Summons. Multiple combinations have appeared in Beta already, which could be indications of possible upcoming combinations, or might just be completely useless information. The combinations shown so far have had two Season 2 Heroes and two old HOTM, like we’re used to.

• The current version of Beta has some very slight tweaks to Appearance Rates, given the lack of Non-Featured Legendary heroes. As it’s unclear what the plan is with the Summons, and whether the Non-Featured Legendary heroes will remain removed, I don’t think this is particularly useful information other than to say I’ll be looking to see what the actual Appearance Rates end up being during the next live Atlantis Summons. As I speculated before, this turned out not to be particularly useful information other than saying I’ll be keeping an eye out for what the actual Appearance Rates end up being during the next live Atlantis Summons.

=> Click Here for the Newer Version of Beta Beat (v22)

:left_speech_bubble: Feedback?

I’d love to hear thoughts on whether this information and format is useful, and how you’d like to see information presented in the future. Any thoughts or ideas?

Please try to limit discussion in this thread mostly to the information sharing process and feedback on the thread, so we don’t end up with a jumbled discussion of a bunch of different heroes — use the threads linked above for each individual hero to discuss more.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

111 Likes

I love it! All in one place! Thanks @zephyr1 :+1:

15 Likes

Great idea!

20 great ideas even :grimacing:

4 Likes

Did i miss the link for atlantis rises? Curious how loot tickets will work for the season 2 stages

4 Likes

I didn’t make a discussion thread for Atlantis Rises yet, since it’s so new — but if there’s interest in discussing it, then I will.

As of right now, loot tickets work like usual, you just spend less WE and get more loot. It’s also possible to get Atlantis Coins from the rare enemies, just like if you’d played through the Stage yourself.

17 Likes

All i wanted to know, thanks

Oh and nice job on putting threads like these together, has helped keep informational discussions organized and easier to find

17 Likes

Glad they’re helpful!

9 Likes

Really great work and effort
Thank you so much for creating a thread like that
As i recall from the AMA skins and stronghold upgrade were being tested and almost ready to be rolled into the update and its.planned to be before summer
But you didnt write anything about them, are they ready and gonna be rolled soon?

4 Likes

You’re welcome, and thanks!

These actually haven’t entered Beta at all yet — so I’m not sure how soon they’ll be released.

Atlantis Rises was also a total surprise, at least to me. I didn’t know it was something they’d be adding until it showed up in Beta.

Since they’ve gotten ahead a couple months on HOTM now, my guess is we’ll start seeing some of the Stronghold Upgrades or Skins enter Beta soonish.

If I really go out on a limb to guess based on what Tim said in the AMA, my guess is the Alchemy Lab and/or Training Camp upgrades would be the first of what we see in testing for the Stronghold Upgrade, ahead of the Hero Academy that I expect to come later.

But for the moment at least, there’s no insight for any of that, since none of it has even started testing yet.

10 Likes

@zephyr1
Once again a great addition to the boards!
I requested a long time ago to have some information about upcoming hero’s. Players that do not have many gems/tokens to spend now can see if there is a color of hero (or specialty) that they are lacking and need for their team!
To me it does not matter if stats change as long as a sniper in holy will stay a sniper in holy. If that’s what you need, now you know you can save up your tokens or gems for the correct month.

9 Likes

Great work as usual @zephyr1!

I think this is a great idea and will dispel some of the myth, as well as the rift that exists between beta and non-beta players. Maybe the voluntary work you guys do will now get noticed and appreciated more, now that the information is out here and not “hoarded.”

Also a much better alternative to looking for tidbits of beta info here and there! Thanks again!

8 Likes

Ok. Thanks @zephyr1 for providing so much information. Now I’m totally confused and uncertain when to summon. The upcoming HOTM looks all good. And Ursena too! I think I need to sell a kidney or two now.
A bit sad that not even the artworks can be shared of upcoming heroes. But I totally understand why Screenshots are forbidden.

2 Likes

Amazing thread, great idea and execution. Now just figure out how to keep it up to date :wink:

4 Likes

Great!
Should be pinned

5 Likes

Thanks for another great thread idea @zephyr1!!
This is a fantastic idea. I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Well done :slight_smile:
It sure is a wanted experiment to the playerbase!

4 Likes

I love this thread. Thanks for making it. Most of the changes look livering except one:

This may well change, but the current Beta version of the Atlantis Summons does NOT contain Non-Featured Season 2 Legendary heroes.

Am I reading that right? Heroes like Tarlak and Inari aren’t available in Atlantis Summons unless they’re a featured hero? Yet heroes like Magni and Lianna – that are still available from Epic Summons at any time and a TC20 – will be?

If so, that sounds like an awful change. How are f2p and c2p players supposed to have a chance at getting rare S2 characters if there’s literally no way to ever summon them unless they happen to be one of a very few featured heros?

4 Likes

I agree, this is a poor change. It would be much better if they instead removed the season 1 5 stars and increased the odds of non-featured season 2 5 stars to compensate. Having only two chances a year to get key heroes like Tarlak and Ariel would stink. Granted, that’s already the case with event heroes. However, unlike with event heroes, you wouldn’t be able to plan summons in advance unless the featured heroes were on a set rotation.

2 Likes

It’s already outdated after 8 hours. :laughing:

That’s how Beta goes…

I’ll update it again shortly. Miki and Ursena had stat changes, and Atlantis Summons has Non-Featured Legendary Heroes added back.

6 Likes

This is why I say don’t get too attached to what’s happening in Beta. :slight_smile:

This has changed since yesterday.

Non-Featured Season 2 Legendary Heroes are back in the Summons.

19 Likes