🧪 Is There Early Information on Ursena, a new Season 2 5* Legendary Hero?

NOTE: Please do not, under any circumstances, share IMAGES OR VIDEOS from Beta in this or any public Forum thread. Violations can cause players to lose their Beta accounts, or threads to be closed down.

This thread is to provide early insights and discussion on Ursena.

Click for Mostly Useless Information

Don’t get too attached

Details from beta, especially brand-new beta content, don’t tend to be very reliable for actual hero release.

It’s incredibly common that heroes are changed during beta testing, or sometimes even after testing but before release. That is, after all, the purpose of beta testing.

So I wouldn’t get too attached to any of this — it’s not unheard of for entire portions of skills to be removed or reworked, or for radical changes to stats to be made.

For a full list of items currently in beta testing, as well as their related threads, please see :test_tube: The Beta Beat – Sharing the Big Picture on What’s Going on in Beta (an experiment)

5 Likes

Just want to say that I really appreciate these early shares, always believed it to be best for the community to know what’s in the pipeline, not just for ascending ideas but also for excitement purposes. Thanks for posting.

3 Likes

I would also like to express my gratitude for these early peeks.

If the yellow reflect stays she will be BRUTAL on Titans. Well, brutal on D and in raids and…

Looks like a support role with the health stat as is. If Kunchen becomes my tank she would be wing, not sure that is a good spot (would think flank with Average mana) since she needs to fire earlier and not later… hmmmm.

2 Likes

Purple Mitsuko that doesn’t drop enemy mana but can dole out more damage seems underwhelming. I’m just finishing up my Mitsuko, and she’s a fun niche character. That said she only really tends to work out for me because the current spot for blue defenders is fast snipers in the corner or less commonly slow or average heroes as a flank. This gives me added time to set her average speed skill off reliably before the blue goes off. Yellows dont tend to be corners as often at higher levels. They tend to either be the tank or a fast hitting flank that I cannot count on reliably being charged up before.

2 Likes

I have been thinking about Ursena a lot and was going to post something very similar to what you said, but you did it better and first.

I agree that the natural comparison of Mitsuko is tempting, but as you say it’s not really suitable. The mana cut and the very different likeliness each can get the riposte up in time makes the two very different. I really like Mitsuko, but am having trouble seeing as much usage for Ursena.

1 Like

I think that it’s also worth noting that should the meta shift for some reason, she may become quite good in much the same way as Mitsuko. For that to happen, yellow corner snipers need to become the norm (don’t see that happening) OR slow/average speed yellow flanks need to come into vogue. If the hero academy makes Justice the new go-to flank somehow, Ursena might not look like quite the same joke

2 Likes

I can see Ursena battling against titans and in raids but in defence she is average because you cannot control her and her buff are dispelled!!!

From my tests she was good before the Nerf but that’s it, a good hero!!!

She is not a “must have” hero but close enough…

Fingers crossed that she comes out in this next Atlantis portal (some smart money seems to think she will).

I would prefer a mana cut similar to Mitsuko’s to the extra damage BUT still think Ursena would be useful if the stats above remain correct. Her tile damage will be very good, her durability will be middle of the pack for the 5*, good defense but somewhat light on health.

She would walk into my titan team for yellow titans and be a huge boost there.
Raiding she will be useful but not for every situation.
On defense, she’ll help earlier stage players quite a lot but probably won’t be challenging for the top of Razor’s elite leaderboard over at Titan Mafia (she competes for a dark slot with Kunchen, Kageburado, Sartana and Hel).

If the card art looks like she did in the final battle, that alone make her worthwhile. A proper looking creature, not some creepy looking green elf