Thank You for Your Epic Participation and extra-Rare Patience- DEV Rare Quest response Post #342

Thanks for the clarification. Although this does not agree with what was said a few days ago…

“This is an extra Rare Quest and it should not affect the normal rotation”

I have to find alternatives for all the heroes made these days to feed Drakon Fong

1 Like

Obviously mistakes were made… maybe… we give them a pass in this regard.

Thank you… Really appreciate all the nice gestures from SG! I was pretty happy to get the free epic tome of experience… And while this extra quest was expected last week, this week is just as good! Thanks again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay. Thanks for speed-up Farholme I, but the rotation (if Shiloh was random) however is wrong. :wink:

The correct rotation would have been:

Farholme II → Shiloh (the random extra one) → Shiloh (the regular one) → Morlovia → Farholme I

But anyway @Petri thanks for looking into it. (Honestly) Very much appreciated! :+1:

3 Likes

This thread is a good case study for SG communication (and more)

We are promised a rare quest but one pops up just as we normally would assume. We don’t get another one until the next week. Now people think it’s just a regular rotation quest. Finally we get clarification that shows we’re getting three in a one week span which proves we got an extra one.

SG loves their RNG and perhaps it burned them this time. Their attempt to make customers happy turned into a bit of a mess and some frustration along the way. Of course we have to consider that player expectations come in here and even though we know rare quests are based on RNG we still have our expectations.

Why couldn’t we get this full clarification to begin with? Why do SG communications lead to more questions than answers? I really liked one of the beta posts that included a line that SG wasn’t being purposely vague but they hadn’t figured it out yet.

Semi related: is it time to revisit the challenge rule exclusion for rare quests? Years ago when that change was made I imagine rare events and challenge events were the biggest “changes” to your normal flag use. Today, we have events every week so there is a bunch of overlap. Why so rare quests get this exclusion?

Closing note: thank you for clarifying and this whole appreciation thread SG. I don’t want that part to get lost in all of this.

20 Likes

Thx for the additional clarification and this new extra Rare Quest.

12 Likes

While many of us do not know how this whole thing works, it is good to know via your provided info that the extra RQ wasn’t delayed becoz of any plan but the process / systems.

This month has been brilliant viz communication by SG with players & the above clarification again shows it.

Thanks & good day.

3 Likes

As mentioned the extra quest did affect the normal rotation. I guess this is the least disappointing outcome given where we are now! (Though I was really looking for darts!)

2 Likes

The patience they have showed with the players… are you serious?

The patience the players show towards their incompetence more like it.

2 Likes

No it didn’t…

Plan was:
Farholme II
Siloh
Morlovia
Farholme I

Reality looks like this:
Farholme II
Siloh
Morlovia
Farholme I

So where is the change in rotation?

We didn’t know that Siloh last week shouldn’t happen (they don’t confirm the spawn times / days for RQ, so they can just bring them on “like they want” or how it suits the schedule…)
In the last months it was pretty exactly always 7 or 8 days apart from each other…

So if we still count Siloh last week as normal rotation quest, then Farholme II will be the extra one…
But stil didn’t change the rotation per se…

and SG / Petri never confirmed there will be 2 times Siloh, nor did they ever talked about this…

they said: we will trigger an extra quest which will not change the rotation…
So, no RQ planned last week, Siloh planned this week originally due to the event…
So Siloh brought forward to last week and the rotation goes on like planned (still - one extra quest as Siloh was brought forward one week…)

They could have communicated this a bit better, that’s true…

3 Likes

There was a bonus rare quest as Petri explained. The predicted calender was off by a week, which the makers of the calendar warns people for. Influenced by the Challenge Festival. Nice insult though, ‘incompetence’.

What else would you call it? Making a topic for absolutely no one to read? They did give us compensation, something they don’t even have to do. Nice insult though, ‘incompetence’ or ‘dishonesty’.

I’m confused, you want them to communicate but you also expect that communication to be incoherent and illogical (by the way, nice insult).

Oh nice! Didn’t know mindreading was a thing nowadays.

Give them a break. It’s not like their entire job is to solely to serve you. They also have families, other tasks and free time too. Be a little patient for when they make time for you, to look into something that works exactly as they intended. Not that it shows your patience… :sweat_smile:. Oh I almost forgot, nice insult ‘bunch of clowns’.

100% If someone said exactly what you have said, including all the passive agressive insults, would you remain patient? Then multiply that by a factor 100 for the other people that weren’t exactly happy.

Not to be rude, but you did not really show any patience whatsoever. Plus do you have any idea how difficult it is to trigger this compensation? I don’t, but I bet you don’t know it either. Might be a lot harder than you think.

I am not saying that the communication is perfect. There is room for improvement. Just pointing out that people like you are not exactly helping by spreading negative toned comments towards everyone, seemingly impatient. And then have the nerve to call me out for politely saying thanks, implying they are not patient and that you are… which I’m not convinded about :man_shrugging:.

1 Like

First of all it’s Shiloh.

If Shiloh was the extra quest, Shiloh should have appeared again, twice in a row. See most of the posts above for a full explanation.

Let’s all take a seat and wait for this extra rare quest to drop like how petri explained. It’ll be after morlovia which would be soon.

1 Like

Yes, Thank you for the extra Quest !

I am welcome of the extra quest but this is hardly a random quest as first advertised. This is an acceleration of the normal schedule and seems to me they screwed up to begin with and now pivoted to this. Still appreciate the extra ascension mat but not a fan of the botched communications nor the people leaping to their defense like people with Stockholm syndrome.

4 Likes

well, please accept my sincerest apologies, in German it’s writing Siloh not Shiloh…
not a big thing as everyone understands

this was the opinion of players not knowing that they brought forward SHilow one week to have a Rare Quest in a week where no rare quest was planned due to the event
and as I said, they should have explained this better from the beginning…

Anyway, as soon as Farholme is on, we have our EXTRA quest, so nothing to rant about any more…

and again, the triggering of SHiloh did not affect the rotation, as the amount and rotation of RQ is still the same, as noted in OP
and also again - they never said it will be SHiloh twice…

see here, Patrick brought up the question about 2 times SHiloh and Petri said it should not affect the rotation…

So I repeat and summarize these 360 posts especially for you:

last week there shouldn’t have been a RQ due to the event
so the plan from SG was: This week SHiloh, next week Morlovia, the week after Farholme II
(rotation: SH - MO - FH2)

our tentative (!!) plan was: last week SHiloh, this week Morlovia, next week Farholme II

In the end, the real outcome: last week SHiloh, this week Morlovia, this week Farholme II

So, as you can see, the rotation (order of the RQ to appear) is still the same as it was planned always…

but compared to their original plan, we are now 2 weeks ahead of the schedule (rotation still the same)

I also didn’t quite understand in the beginning, but please start thinking a bit outside of SG bashing, try to look neutrally at it and you will see what I mean…

All in all it’s still a phone game ^^

4 Likes

This isn’t about outside thinking and not about any misunderstanding. This is what they explicitly stated was going to happen and it didn’t.

“As a token of our appreciation for the passionate interest and feedback, we have mashed certain buttons to randomly generate an extra Rare Quest on February 15, 2022 4:00 AM — it should be visible in your game now. We hope this gives a nice boost to the ongoing work on your Empire.”

This obviously didn’t happen and for them to act like this was the plan all along is comical in how insulting it is to the base who knows what was said.

I really don’t care either way but find their bungling of the communication around this so emblematic of the problems they are having with a good portion of the player base.

4 Likes

If Shiloh was that Extra Rare Quest… and scheduled we had Shiloh (as normal)… 1+1 = 2 :slight_smile:

Usually my grandmother gives me a cherry cake all mondays… and she tells me I will get an extra one this monday because I was a good boy… and she tells me… here you have your extra cake and I see it is a cherry one. Meaning, the normal cake will come will also be a cherry one as that one is the normal one.

Maybe I need to draw… you are trying me to get an orange cake instead of the normal cherry one.

If they can mash certain buttons to “randomly” generate an Extra Rare Quest… it doesn’t mean it needs to be the rotation one instead… as it is “random”.

4 Likes

If they just speed up the appearances of rare quest instead of giving us EXTRA,I’m going to throw the dictionary at SG. Namely petri.

3 Likes

Well said! Check this out @MichlD90

1 Like