Should i stop and build AL? Is it useful?

Fair enough. I need to punch my face myself, forgetting that players are on different levels and statuses in the game. I apologize for not accounting that. Just happened that this is the 4th time where I have an idle builder by reason that i have no structure to build or level up. I have no more buildings to max, even all my Forges are all maxed and not left at a minimum level for the advanced structures, currently awaiting for version 32 where I believe that new Advanced Houses, Farms, Mines, Food and Iron Storages can be built.

Curious. Why do you need HA to level 5? Planning on getting rare heroes from there? I mean, our TCs are there to create rare heroes for us.

1 Like

Sorry bad wording. I want to get HA running ASAP, so getting the AL to level 5 (actually level 6) was a compromise. HA will be leveled straight to 10ā€¦ itā€™s at 8 right now, but I need to upgrade my last advanced iron storage to 10. Thatā€™ll allow me to complete HA to level 10ā€¦ but I need to upgrade my advanced food storage to 10 in order to research legendary retraining. Basically, itā€™ll be December before I can go back to the AL to complete its upgrades.

For me, the best HA functions to research on are levels 6 and 7, producing rare troops to feed your epic ones and producing trainer heroes for leveling your prized heroes, respectively. HA9 and HA10 are a week each of waiting only for us to get disappointed. Itā€™s a long agony for us to endure, which has a high probability of giving us not the ones we want (remember TC20 and the Dawas or Renfelds showing there after 2 days of waiting?). I hope SG reduces the retraining time to 2 days, similar to TC20.

As for epic troops, I only managed to have a complete inventory with the purple crit troop as the last to have while the green mana troop was the last of the mana troop badly wanted. All of my mana troops are currently at level 23, except the green one which is still at level 17. I donā€™t buy troops at the portal using gems as I only rely from ETTs to get those epic troops for approx 2 years of playing.

1 Like

Similiar to @Quinn3, I currently AL lvl3 in progress to lvl4, so I will not doing transmution until lvl5, so that I can do 2x transmition at a time, while priority still in HA, currently at lvl8, and continue to lvl10, butā€¦ before RESEARCHING (sepcially lvl9 and lvl10 that need 7 and 12 days), I will make sure I can do some of usefull training while waiting the RESEARCH. This has been mentioned already by @Ultra.

Does Alchemy Lab allow a person to convert Food to Iron and Iron to Food?

No, at least until i have read. But you can for example use healing pots to transmute them into axes.
I imagine there are other leveles with a similar dynamic.

So, you are trading a food made item for an iron one

1 Like

Iā€™m in a similar boat, almost ready to start building SH24 but have skipped AL and a few others so far.

imo, the biggest thing that will decide whether I continue to rush HA or not is what happens with the new raid formations. If non-HA players have to fight the new formations, Iā€™ll continue to rush HA to unlock them too; if not, Iā€™ll pause and catch up all of the buildings Iā€™ve skipped along the way.

For now Iā€™ll continue to push until HA is ready, but not start building it until we know what happens with the new formations (theyā€™re probably still a ways out, but I think the formations will have a larger impact on daily play than anything HL, AL, Adv Houses/Farms, etc will bring). If AL comes up next in the meantime, Iā€™ll start it before HA.

1 Like

Eh? Is there a correlation between Hero Academy and the new and upcoming raid formation? I donā€™t know about this. But I am excited.

1 Like

yeah the new formations are unlocked when HA is built

2 Likes

The reason to build out AL to L5 and not L10 is that L10 takes another 46 days (plus at least another 2d6h if you need more iron storage),

And to make up for the 46+ days of not creating alkashards in order to get the third production, youā€™ll have to wait another ~100 days until youā€™ve broken even.

With a payback of ~146 days, I think I have better things to spend my builder on that will payback sooner.

Some day, it may be my best option, but not yet

Yeah. I noticed that. I was building and maxing my AL and some farm or mine or storage because there was nothing else to level and max. I just noticed that there are several players trying to catch up at the cost of not leveling or maxing other structures just to get the best of AL and HA. Much much more difficult for those without a 2nd builder.

Here we goā€¦ 10 days to sh 23

Hopefully i have purchased the last vip offer

Iā€™m on the last leg of getting mine to 10 so I can run 3 things at a time.

Thereā€™s a lot of use making items you need (like making mini mana from antidotes, arrow attacks and Mini heals)

I got it to 5 and made 1000 Alkashards in 10 days so thatā€™s a shot at a 4* ascension mat or some emblems every 10 days whilst making useful stuff. Canā€™t complain at that.

1 Like