SGG's denial of the game favouring payment

I think changing the screencap from the OP from: “We offer in-app purchases for those who want to play at a slightly faster pace” to “We offer in-app purchases for those who want to play at a significantly faster pace” would appease all?

Haha… but the use of the word “slightly” will appeal to those who are new and unfamiliar with the business/game mode. Those who know/have experience understand what that means. But then again, how exactly does one quantify slightly? So technically it cannot be contested. F2P will achieve the same roster in 200years vs a P2P who will get the same roster in 2 weeks.

1 Like

Says who :laughing: there are heroes i chased as a :whale: and still don’t have them. Now being c2p i still try but have the understanding it may not come to pass :laughing: life sux.
Omg i won’t get that hero… OMG how in the world can i cope??? Oh wait. I still have :popcorn: and :beer: false alarm all good :laughing:

6 Likes

:popcorn: and :beer: = ongoing enjoyment
Heroes worth chasing = only applies while you play/actually care for them

2 Likes

Just delete this part:

We know this is not true. That statement contradict the previous statement: “We do offer in-game purchase for those who wish to play at slightly faster pace.” Those who pay have chance to progress faster so it is not exact same chance.

If you pay for gems, you get more chance to pull in portals, continue in raid tournament, and more flags for tower.

If you pay for emblems, you get more chance to put talent on your heroes.

If you pay for AM, you get more chance to ascend your heroes.

You have the same odds but not the same chance. How many chance you get depend on how many coins or gems you have. If you have 10 EHT and 2600 gems, you can have 20 chance to pull in legendary/seasonal portal, each have the same odds of getting 5*.

It is perfectly normal to add in-game purchase, but those statements from SG are misleading and contradicting each other.

5 Likes

Im with you on the misleading part… but how is it contradicting?

Here:

Those who pay have chance to progress faster so it is not exact same chance.

3 Likes

By “chance” they are referring to the summon odds

Chance to progress they said. Not odds of summoning portals. They are not talking specifically about summons here.

Strictly speaking about summon portals, how many times you can summon is pulling “chance” while the probabilty of getting particular heroes is pulling “odds”.

No I disagree. They are talking about a chance to pull the hero which is the same as the odds.

Friendly question, have you ever been wrong about anything ever?

1 Like

they are referring to progress as in “… to progress”.
that’s the reference they use.
stop being a lawyerist fanboi and just read the statements straight.
if they want to say something different then they should say something different.

3 Likes

They literally said chance to “progress”. Read the OP. Progression of the game is not limited to pulling. Ascending heroes, story progression are also part of it.

Regarding chance vs odds in pulling, they actually use “rate” not “odds” in summon portal. It is like talking about number of ammunition vs shooting accuracy. If you have 10 ammo, you have 10 chance to hit the target but whether you hit it or not depend on the accuracy rate.

If they really talk about summon rate, then they should have not use different terminology such as chance to progress, that is unstandarized and unprofessional.

I was wrong about war starting hour.

9 Likes

I agree. “Progress” is more general in nature. Is not limited to summons. Progress should cover all aspects of the game :

1. Roster development : summons, buy packs
  2. Troop levelling : summons, reset crate for ham
  3. Buildings : reset crate for ham/iron to start construction, or quick complete construction
  4. Higher titan damage : buy items from shop or offers
  5. Compete better in events : buy packs, items from shop, plus aspect (1) & (2), and then get better rewards, allowing player to progress even faster
2 Likes

We do offer in-game purchases for those who wish to play at a slightly faster pace, however, all players receive the exact same chances to progress.

Wich obviously are the same chances to use money to progress at a faster rate.

The whole discussion here has served to confirm to me that e&p is, to a large extent, a P2W game. Players pay for a chance to gain different ranges of heroes with one of the incentives for doing so being that those heroes are, more often than not, superior to the home grown heroes that can be supplied through training camps.

The faster pace that is being played is in getting heroes that superior to those that are, on average, attained by non P2. players. A major motivation for buying pulls is paying to get more access to better heroes than those that are homegrown and, by getting heroes that are comparatively better, paying to win.

I can understand players not wanting to acknowledge that their paying for many pulls involves paying to win so that they can solely credit their own skills etc in the game but, in reality, this is not completely true.

Again, I don’t hold it against SGG for developing a P2. format but just think we might be honest about how it works.

5 Likes

Well u don’t think the game was created as a social experiment for charity do u :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:? But to be fair if they wanted to be like that they could charge for the download with a monthly subscription :unamused: so all in all I personally think they were speaking straight. They know they have :whale: and they know some are f2p. It evens out.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I think what SG means is all essential features are accesible to all players.

You have to pay gems to continue in tournament, but you can get gems without paying. So continue is accesible without paying.

You can use gems for more chance to summon, but you can also get gems without paying or you can use coins to summon. Summon is accesible without paying.

You can get more chance to emblem your heroes if you but gems, but you can also get free emblems. So emblem is accesible without paying.

You can buy AM but you can also get it for free. So AM is accesible without paying.

But it is clearly not same exact chance to progress! They should have said all essential features are accesible without paying.

3 Likes

While progressing through much of the game is only slower without paying - I.e. Playing through season stages, building your empire, and being able to complete quests, there are limits to FTP progress.

Due to power creep, the FTP is at a significant disadvantage in anything that pits player versus player and alliance vs alliance; I.e. Raids, raid tournaments, mythic Titan, wars, Tower event rankings and monthly event rankings. No amount of time will allow the FTP to progress to the level of someone who pays, because the PTW will always be significantly stronger than the FTP at any point in time.

This allows the PTW to get more rewards from War, Monthly Events, Mythic Titan, and Tower Events. Having said that, I think it’s only fair that there should be some benefit to spending money in the game, so it’s a choice. With this in mind FTP will never be in a top 10 alliance either.

I don’t spend money in the game by my choice although I have plenty of disposable income, because I enjoy making my way through the season maps and competing against those that are stronger than me.

We (FTP) can progress in many aspects of the game at a slower pace than PTW, but not in all aspects of the game. We have to make peace with that or move on, but we also have to recognize that without the PTW benefits, there would be no game. That revenue stream is why we FTP have a game to begin with.

8 Likes

I think the “slightly faster” part of message is an outright misleading statement. People who pay, and have paid, can emblem four heroes in each class, and they can do this from doing well in the ninja tower, and on the mythic titan, both events which f2p players are at an extreme disadvantage, and by buying them in deals.
There have been a ton of emblems for sale this year, and for an SG rep to say slightly faster, is disingenuous, and should be changed.

2 Likes

I will not defend SG, but if you agree that progress in game is not only limited by the heroes but by the availability of 4* ascension mats they are right. More or less every player has the chance to get some 60 guaranteed a year. With random drops from Titans, chests or Magic Vision and finishing a season a year you can get some 70 a year. The additional 3-4 mats an average spender might buy bundled with gem deals are then insignificant or in their wording the spender has a slightly higher speed of progress. Same with emblems. An active or very active player can expect to get some 18000 emblems for free a year. The 500-1000 emblems an average spender might buy are again not significant. Even whales can not buy much more because the number of those deals are limited. And in the shop there are emblem deals for gems, so a f2p can buy emblems too! Sometimes smarter thanto pull the 50. Dawa!

All a matter of wording and perception. Every f2p me including hay to accept that buyers will have more heroes and the better heroes. Otherwise no one would spend and the game would die economically. Its a bit of maeketing speech from SG, but seriously do you expect your car dealer to advice you to an other brand because honestly they have a better deal? So how would you choosecthe wording to lure new players into the game to have the chance to convert them to spenders. If the sales pitch was like „spend some 1000 bucks or be miserable“ no one would try the game…

Happy wording…:slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not sure whether you defend SG or not with that. Significant or not significant is not the point anyway.

Here is the point, when SG said this:

It is actually about:

3 Likes