SGG's denial of the game favouring payment

I already conceded that its somewhat marketing speech. But how will we define progress?
If its about map stages?
Everyone has the chance to best every map stage. @Pike showed that you can best Valhalla hard mode with a vanilla team!
Is it about Raids?
You can enter the top 5000 in cups with knowledge, a few flasks, luck and a well composed 4* team.
Titans?
With the right alliance you can kill 10*+ Titans with a mediocre team.

Events and tournaments?
Top 1000 Legendary is hard stuff and needs a good team and some flasks/items, but top 5000 epic and top 10000 rare is doable with vanilla heroes.
Buildings?
You can build every building for free! Is a vip pass and second builder „slightly“ faster? I think its a matter of perception, the game is no sprint but a marathon, so 3-4 months more building time without vip might be „slightly“ if you take into concern that you can get 70 days vip pass for free with 20 invitations (alt accounts ?).

Result: I might not like the wording of SG but I can not find blatantly false statements or deceive.

Make your peace with the devs or you will never have a real good experience with this game. If in your perception everything (new ) is bad or money grab you will miss the fun. That would be very sad.

Happy gaming, take it easy, have fun.

Happy gaming

4 Likes

That is why I am saying SG made a wording mistake, it should have been feature instead of progress. Progress can include the thing they say can be faster through in-game purchase.

I am not complaining here, I intepret what they actually intend to say.

Here is what they wrote:

We do offer in-game purchases for those who wish to play at slightly faster pace, however, all players receive the exact same chances to progress.

Here is what should have been written (imo):

We do offer in-game purchases for those who wish to play at slightly faster pace, however, all players can access all essential features.

What I said was incorrect is not the first part (in-game purchases for those who wish to play at slightly faster pace).

What I said was incorrect is the second part (all players receive the exact same chances to progress)

I never complain about faster pace for those who pay.

Your reply is misdirected, you should have not replied it toward me. It seems you misread my post. If you are looking to argue about the intepretation of “slightly”, don’t direct your reply to me:

Direct it to the poster directly before you.

Why do I feel that your reply is for something I did not say? :man_shrugging:t2:
Did you misdirect the reply? :thinking:

Try spending about $200-$300 monthly. That’s what it takes to get the heroes you want.

You quoted my post , so I replied to your post. I had the perception that you have some pain points with the game,
maybe this was a misunderstanding or conformation bias, because there are so many rants and complains in this forum, and I would like to focus on more positive aspects to preserve a positive gaming experience. I think our influence as players is very limited, obviously there are a lot of people spending big, so the f2p revolution of this forum had limited impact on their revenue. If arguing against some new features is like a fight against windmills there are only two strategies available: Acceptance of the unfavorable features and concentration on the other aspects or to quit. I would like most players to accept the way it is and continue having fun and limit their spendings to reasonable amounts, but this is a different discussion. I had no intention to offend or attack you by replying to you. Its like the post you asked me if my reply way misdirected. The author of this post complained about the amount of Emblems big spenders get or are able to buy, and he is not the only one here. So I estimated the number of emblems you can get as an active player in upper platinum or lower diamond for an other post, and this is more than 18000 emblems a year. In comparison the few hundert additional emblems one can buy are insignificant and not the reason some players have better results than others. My intention was to compare those complains with reality.
Again I do not have anything against you or your opinion so I wish you a happy gaming experience and good luck.

It seems you accidentally directed your post as a reply toward my unrelated post.

The only reason I quote your post was because your post appear as a reply toward my post. Here, take a look at this picture:

I don’t know why this happen though.

1 Like

In order to keep spender’s spending, they admitted in the last Q&A that new heroes need to be stronger.
This admittance really wasn’t necessary. Everyone already knew…except one person who thought costumes meant power creeps didn’t exist.

This means…
New power creeps have a shelf life.

Which further means…
If you want on top, there’s a time limit to the dough you blow.

I.E. if you want all the ninjas when they first come out in order reign supreme. Folks spent much… much… much more than that!!

If you want all the magic heroes when that tower is released. Go ahead and spend $300. Chances are extremely high you will get no 5*

In 10 years when you get all the heroes you want with $300 a month. They will be obsolete…

$3,600 a year?
For some… of those that have been playing 3 years+, $300 a month is preposterous

2 Likes

It depends entirely on how much you spend. I think the average spending player will only see a slightly faster pace. Whales who overspend will see a significantly faster pace but that is a small minority overall.

I love these threads that start out with the premise F2P should equal P2W :rofl: :popcorn: :tropical_drink:

1 Like

This is not entirely true for ascension mats. The reason being every month P2W players have the “option” to get 36+ more rolls at 4AM from S2, S3, S4 and costume portals, some months even more than that due to multiple S2 or S3. So by paying you can significantly speed up your 4AM chances.

The probabiliy for a 4* ascension mats from a bonus chest is about 20-25%. You need a monthly average of 40-50 summons a month to get one additional mats on average per month.
You have to spend some 150 €/$ every month to be able to do 50 summons, you might get 12 adfitional 4* mats a year, compared to the guaranteed 61 and more likely 70-75 mats an active player can expect to get/win, its not so big an advantage. The more you spend the more 5* heroes you get. An f2p will get enough Mats to ascend 8-10 5* heroes a year. The bonus chests can give enough material to ascend two more heroes a year. Its an advantage, but how big is this advantage really?

Happy gaming

Well if you don’t see possibility of gaining an additional 10+ (To quote your 20-25% per roll on 36+ extra rolls from ascension chests every month for whales) 4*AM as advantage then I guess everyone is equal in this game :man_shrugging:

36+ Bonus chests means 360 summons, thats more than 700$ per mont or 8400 $ per year. I doubt that you will find more than 50 people spending this amount of money in this game. Some of these big spenders will have a lot of first class heroes and its not important if they could max 10 or 20 5* heroes per year, they will be hard to beat. But there number is small so they are no problem in raids or alliance wars for average players.
I assume that most players pay something between 5-30$ per month for summons. Thats one or two bonus chests, thats not important.

1 Like

Lol 5-30$ is essentially VC2P, just VIP will run you 5/month… everyone has different opinion on what’s considered P2P and next level of P2W, I tend to think 100+/month puts you at p2p, 300+/month puts you at p2w. Before you say no way, just think about it this way. There are 4 seasonal events going ~1 month each, each has I believe 4 $99.99 ascension material offer, so that’s $1600 for 16 mats every year. Every 2 months or so there’s 1 $99.99 offer for AM, that’s another 6 for $600. The other 6months there’s the $29.99 guin offer for AM… so my point is there are a lot of opportunity for AM as P2W, the gap in purchasable AM vs F2P is way larger than what you said in your original post. Again, no one has to buy it, but it is available.

I agree with you that AM is what’s balancing the game (I think that’s what you were trying to say at least), but paying will definitely fast track you, A LOT!

You ate right, I think the ratety of 4* Ascension mats is the main balancing mechanism of the game.

You can get 61 of them guaranteed for free a year. With finishing a season per year and a little luck with chests, titans and Mystic Vision you can get some 80 mats a year. You have to pay nearly 3000$ to get additional 25-30 mats. Thats a lot of money for a mobile game.
I dont know how many people spend so much money…

You underestimate the power of Covid my friend :stuck_out_tongue:

Much more than you may think. Probably 0.5% of the player base I would say.

Agree.

Does that 61 also include ranked reward in challenge event? Without it, I can only remember 52 each year:
41× from Rare Quest (appear on average every 9 days)
5× from Seasonal Event
6× from Path of Valor

For the record, as F2P, I got 120 per year.

For a single addicted competitive gamer/collector $200-$300 a month on hobbies sounds just about right. I used to spend that on sports cards.

1 Like

Interesting discussion here.

Just checked “published” public revenue numbers for this game. It was us$19m for July. Down from us$22m in June.

MT July participation = 1124,392
MT June = 1175,178
(Used 1 flag, zero score)

NT July participation = 1159,983
(Used 1 flag, cleared 1st floor, score 13,012

To gauge average spend per player, I will use NT July numbers only because it’s higher. Assuming there will be at least 100,000 other players like me, let’s say 1250,000 active players.

Average spend per player, based on 1250,000 players and US$19m = us$15pm, us$180 annually (assuming all active players throw in some $)

Since player base is not homogenous, and whales are about 10% of the player base & contribute about 90% spend (read that number somewhere in this forum), estimated spend by category :

Whales : 10% : 125,000 players : us$17m/pm : us$136pm per player : us$1632 annually per year

Others : 90% : 1125,000 players : us$2m/pm : us$1.77pm per player

July was a slow month. No new event. Only sands with costumes. To me it looks about right.

With new events, spend for the top 10% should go up sharply. Waiting for August numbers. Slayers was released in August. I am expecting a spike in revenue.

1 Like

I rounded the rare quests up to 50 a year, you are right the number is arround 42 ( 7 in 2 months multiplied by 6). But the average of 70-80 for an active player is a valid assumption I guess.

Maybe, but thats only on deals with mats, add PoV, Vip and a few additional deals and you are in the range of 400-500$ a year. I read about someone from Korea who is said had spend some 30000 $ on this game, I dont know if its real or an „urban legend“, but the average player will be far away from this spending. Artemisses assumption of 0.5% of the player base spending big might be overestimated. With 1.1 milion players that would be some 5000-6000 people.
Assuming they would be high ranking players, otherwise spending big is useless, the top 200 alliances should be more or less filled by those people.
Ask the guys from the 7days or Crew families if they are spending this big?
@guvnor, do you have some informations you are allowed to share about the average spending habits in top 100 alliances ?

Happy gaming