SGG's denial of the game favouring payment

F2P player don’t have the “exact same chances to progress”. We are able to access assets in different proportions to P2P players.

2 Likes

Ok I’m out, can’t make someone see logic.

7 Likes

In my opinion f2p players have a better gaming experience than p2p, because they dont have to regret the amount of money spent for feeder heroes in most pulls. Read the rants here in the forum of people who spent half their monthly rent on summons getting only dupes and feeders.
But seriously I am playing complete f2p from the beginning, and had only a few free vip passes from invitations. After getting a Vivica from TC20 yesterday I have 34 5* heroes, 17 of them maxed.

16 of the heroes are from TC20, two other S1 are from summons.

I got three 5* costumes from costume chamber ( Joon, Elkanen, Elena) four from the saisonal portal (2x Lepus, Santa and costumed Rana). I got only one s2-s4 Hero, Gefjon, and eight HotM (Noor, Reuben, Uraeus, Malicna, Frosth, Yang Mai , Elradir and Devana).
If I got the HotM, I stop summoning fo this month, hoard all tokens for the next one. With a little luck this tactic got me some nice heroes for free! Last month I hoped for Kadilens costume, after the fivth summon Devana materialized, so I stopped chasing cKad. Maybe next time.
So basically SGs statement is correct, others are slightly faster. I can finish the monthly challenge events in the top 5000 if I spend enough flasks and items. I dont think every p2p can do this.

Good luck to you especially the fellow f2p

2 Likes

F2P has the same chances to progress as P2P, everything in this game can be obtained for free and lots of “time”… P2P pay for a chance to do it “faster”, yes that is a different proportion, exactly what SGG said in their statement, in game purchases for “faster” progress…

2 Likes

I don’t object to SGG having a pay to play model. I just don’t agree with them claiming that F2P players have the “exact same chances to progress” when they will mainly access assets with lesser abilities which they’ll, for instance, invest their emblems into.

1 Like

well said!

The odds are the same on the pull portals it is just that PTP buy more chances. Let’s not confuse odds (quality) with number of pulls (quantity)

4 Likes

Lol I got the same reply verbatim. I especially love the slightly faster pace line.

4 Likes

Which matches my point. On average P2P get better quality. It’s far from exactly the same.

You’re missing the point. I’m F2P. In every event, I typically earn enough coins to do two pulls. The odds in the event portal are 1% event 5* hero. This means I will, on average, pull one event 5* hero every fifty times I play the event. With a bit of luck (if I don’t pull too many dupes), I should have all the slayers by, say, 2300 AD? :rofl:

Technically, paying would only speed up the process, not change it. :crazy_face:

Of course, they’re playing on words, and F2P players can’t make enough pulls to get all the shiny heroes. With odds like these, we’ll all be dead long before that. :ghost: But every pull gives us the same chances as P2W get. Meaning it takes an average of 100 pulls in the event portal to get an event 5* hero, whether you pay for said pulls or use free tokens or gems.

Honestly, at the current rate of hero release, who cares?
If any players want all the heroes, they must pay thousands to get them, and then they won’t even have the mats to level them — by the time they do get the mats, the expensive shiny hero will have sat on the bench collecting dust and cobwebs long enough to look dull and rusty as compared to the newer ones. :partying_face:
A year ago, I could see why some people would pay for a fuller enjoyment of the game. Although I was F2P myself, I understood why some would decide to buy (a reasonable quantity of) gems to pull for this hero or that one. Now? Heroes come marching out so fast I can’t remember their names, much less their specials, and at the pace of the power creep, they’ll all be outdated before I commit them to memory anyway. :yawning_face:

9 Likes

Which is what I’m objecting to. It’s not honest.

When someone is pointing out the discrepancy between the provision for F2P and P2P players, this is what they respond with.

Some players, on average, get better quality materials than others.

Maybe others can tell me, why do players make in-game purchases? Is it to play at a slightly faster pace or is it to get better quality products/better quality heroes?

2 Likes

You DONT get better quality stuff by paying. You just have more chances to get stuff so you naturally get good things the more tries you have but drop rates and summon odds are EXACTLY THE SAME

2 Likes

All ads and pitch sales are dishonest…
It’s a gatcha game, look that up. Gatchas are dishonest. In some of them, you can’t finish an event in time unless you buy energy, in others your chances of pulling something valuable, like a new hero here, are ridiculous if you don’t pay.
So, yes, the « slightly » in « slightly faster pace » is a blatant lie. So are the claims that the game is balanced, so are the promises about QoL improvements (so much was going to get done this year, we were all in for a biiiig surprise…. And yeah, it’s now August and we got the assault wave counter in fights, hurray-ish), blah blah. They are never going to admit it, or tell you to your face that they’d very much like you to spend your retirement plan on some useless pixels, please and thank you.
What do you expect?

5 Likes

I appreciate that some people pay for variety but I have to wonder, if all heroes had, on average, the same quality as season one heroes, how many players would have an increased tendency to settle for multiple copies of their season one pulls.

yep

1 Like

Hello @Gerg, hope you and the alliance are doing well.
As with any profitable organisation such as Zynga, they will have approved lines to take that have gone through communication teams and legal teams etc etc that they can post in response to an enquiry.
Such as the one you have made.
As with any written communication it can be read several ways. If I am honest, it’s just a pitch / play on words and would be difficult to prove to be dishonest……
So for me it’s like a game of bingo … you can play one ticket that’s free and still have a chance of winning the jackpot or buy a book of six tickets and multiply your chances of winning at a cost. But you buy at risk. The guy playing for free might get that shiny new hero with tokens won. But the guy paying for a 10 pull might just get 3* feeders ….
In answer to your question why do players make in game purchases… the answer will be different from many. Some want to get ahead faster in the game, some want to collect every new shiny hero, some want a particular hero with a skill they need. And their needs are many - to be in the top 100 alliance, to have the most trophies, to have the best raid/war defence, to have the best offence synergy, to be able to complete the maps, to be the best in tournaments, to be the best in trials, to be the best in war, to be the best against the Titan all of which brings loot (sometimes good loot) to progress in the game or give the opportunity of good quality heroes.
I have gone on a bit sorry

3 Likes

Hi @JGE,
always good to hear from you. :thumbsup:
I think that the use of “slightly” and the specification of players motivations are more than a little dubious but what can you do when the legal teams are involved :rofl:
(There are plenty not hitting titans but all but three war flags were used last innings).

3 Likes

Ok… Gonna add my 2 cents. Ready?
As with anything in life or hobby YOU decide your path and how far and fast u want to advance. I was a whale cuz i enjoyed the competition with my peers and wanted the cool toys ( but still don’t have most ) as a level 80 something i have become c2p cuz we r still in the top 100 and we all slowed down :laughing: my hero pulls are no different than anyone elses. My boards are the same. My chances are no different than f2p and never have been. I made the choice to advamce faster and try my LUCK and paid to get more pulls. I am loyal to nobody except my team so when i say his response was correct u can be mad but it is what it is. I do however have a fresh batch of :popcorn: for ya :kiss:

3 Likes

I actually mostly agree with this. The frequency of using the portal definitely matters. The odds definitely aren’t flat and the RNG runs hot and cold. You have to figure out that puzzle and know as a F2P when you’re on hot streak to use tokens and free gems. I also recommend to my crew to never use single tokens. Always use 5 or more when pulling. Odds of getting something useful are dramatically higher from experience. However, I do think there is some legitimate argument by F2P and C2P about what they are receiving from portals. It is likely that they don’t get enough pulls in to actually garner gaining an event or other special hero. And this is where I believe the OP is correct. The deck is so stacked against them in how the portal operates that they don’t have a legit shot at scoring the same heroes P2P do. So yes, it’s a 2 edge sword. They have a choice to pay or not. But to say the odds are completely equal is not true either.

This I completely correct. The goal here is to turn as many F2P into as many P2P as possible. This is shown in everything done as far as the game is concerned. And in many ways it has to be. There is no S2, S3, or S4 without P2P individuals. It costs money to develop these things. It doesn’t just happen out of thin air. At the same time, the constant in your face style of P2P that this game has taken on over the last couple of years has helped create a divide between F2P and P2P. The Slayers event is a great example of it. The whole thing screams P2W. At the same time each player can choose wether or not it’s worth it. That’s the freedom of choice. Take the good with the bad and recognize it for what it is. Overall, you can play this game, and play it effectively, without the new and latest hero. I have plenty in my group that do. We are a top 1k alliance and half of my group is C2P or F2P.

1 Like

Only issue is most wont pay for them cuz there are better out there :laughing:

2 Likes

Inari is an A+???

1 Like

Free to play player with plenty of good heroes. Was it easy? No. But it proves the point that good heroes are obtainable by FTP its just a longer grind.