Reuben – 5* Fire/ Red - December 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

I just pulled him and well, he is a strange hero. Partly defense but his special is also attack… If he stopped Mana stealing or something, he would be much more useful imo.

If you got a strong fire team against telluria he’s fine but for average player… Really not sure if I use him, minions are not enough to justify ascension unless you sleep on rings…

50-50 eh

I just pulled Reuben and he’s got to be on the list of heroes not worth ascending. He either needs to do more damage, around 280%, or have his second ability reworked. His best aspect is that he’s fast. I’d rather he be average and instead block 50% of all damage (or stay fast and reduce to 2 turns). Then at least his second skill would have more use than extremely niche situations.

1 Like

He just needs to be aoe. That is enough for him to be good. That DOT reduction buff is just a bonus

2 Likes

I just got him, I personally ain’t going to level him up I’m saving my rings like you my only 5* red is JF. I was speaking to wormwood about him yesterday and they said how would he fit into your team I couldn’t really find a place for him on attack or defence. So if you cant find a place for him I’d save your rings.

1 Like

I can probably find a place for him in my team, so I will almost certainly ascend one of him, but perhaps not the second.

I am currently doing some quick 3* heroes for tournaments but when I get back to the 5* heroes it will either by Natalya (who was passed over for JF) or Reuben.

I’d do natalya over Ruben but thats my play style she is pretty good. This a good thread to look at as has other threads about natalya in it aswell.

Enjoy :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve pulled 3 off him so far… i will probably level 1

1 Like

Guess it depends on who you have. GM or JF owners may disagree. As a GM owner, I’d disagree. I think Reuben is pretty unique.

So as almost always, depends on your roster.

5 Likes

I just find it funny how bad he is going to fight against skadi. Yes he can reduce the frost damage but he creates minions himself. It’s like he’s going to solve the problem by creating it in the first place

1 Like

I’m surprised no one has mentioned this yet (and apologies if it WAS mentioned in the video reviews), but generating minions for all Fire allies makes him a fast pseudo-healer for raids and war if you’re running mono. Almost like a Kvasir!

That alone makes him really desirable to me. Granted, I don’t have GM or JF.

1 Like

That’s if you’re running a mono fire team

5% hp minions (i.e. less than 60 hp) is useless. One of the worst elemental links so far even worst than having no elemental links

3 Likes

Just pulled him with my free Christmas summons, my instinct is to give my mystic rings (will get my 6th from the PoV) to Guardian Kong, who is at 3/70. Therefore it will be 6+ months before I next have an opportunity to max him…

PS. @Guvnor, minor correction to the OP, he should be 10% attack for the minions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

reuben is useful to counter GM, JF many dot enemy so its a must have for tp4000 plust as many GM specially pop up in defense team…

I have both maxed.

I like my Guardian Kong much more than him. He is more impactful.

1 Like

Guardian Kong has great tile damage and is in sync with wilbur and falcon for events. Reuben is nowhere near close

1 Like

Reuben can be used against Azlar costume and Jabberwock. He is fast also. He is a mediocre hero but people like me who has really bad rng and very less options will try to utilise him in best way possible. I would be happy if they buff Reuben and Noor.

1 Like

Sometimes we think some hotm are useless ( Grazul, Grimble ) and needs more time to show how much is good/bad at practice. For now he is " not great not terrible " .

4 Likes

Every grazul owner would like to know your location

3 Likes

Hahaha plot twist I am the owner :smile: I realy thought he was bad hotm, but after all Tella/Vela/Grave combos showed up, he was life saver. I hope something similar happens with Reuben.

1 Like