Reuben – 5* Fire/ Red - December 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

Grazul and Vanda are 2 reason why the magic pairing isn’t going to happen.

Stop all ailments. Including 100% DoT
Or…
Stop 50% of DoT

The only use I see for him, is Rush Tournament/War, and against Azlar.
Such a small niche
And still only 50% protection

Reuben is out classed

5 Likes

I just pulled rueben and i have noor as well. My only 2 red 5 star options at this point.

Most people hate on noor but i think with all the minion maker HOTMs coming up and that we currently have i think she would be a good support hero but feel like she is missing something else. I would love to ascend her but that missing thing whatever it is needs to be addressed before i do.

Now that i pulled rueben i find him even more unimpressive than noor. I feel like his niche is against DoT heroes which in the new Frigg-tank-Odin meta wouldn’t be any use.

I know the second i final ascend whichever one that i will get that new red awesome hero that will take me 6 months or more to be able to use and ascend.

2 Likes

I have a Reuben and I think I’m going to ascend him anyway.

-I never pulled Marjana or Gefjon, or any of the cool red support heroes (Zim, Grazul, Vanda, Mitsuko…) I have JF and GM but I mainly use GM because he has emblems and JF overwrites his burn damage. I’m still using 4* mainly… costume BT, Falcon, Gormek, Scarlett… Currently leveling Kelile and Colen. Sumle, Sumitomo, Shadereave etc. are benched.

-Most of my raids are still against Telly and my average heroes suffer a lot from her if she goes off.

-Hit-3 is complementary to GM, Falcon, Gormek…

-He’s fast…

So even though his SS is not very powerful, it would be great to use it after GM on tank and flanks, after Falcon or Gormek the damage is buffed. He also prevents a part of the damage by DoT flanks. He resists Telly’s mana debuff. I can bring mono without fearing the DOT as much and I won’t do 4-1 so that I can focus on tile damage against Telly.

I wish he was stronger but I think he has more use than my unlevelled Noor. Of course if I had Grazul for example I’d chose her over him any day. For my roster I assume Reuben’s fine for now.

4 Likes

What about in comparison purely to s1 or s2 heros? I only have s1 and he seems to be pretty on par with marjana in a lot of ways and better than elena azlar khagan…

1 Like

If you’re comparing to only S1 heroes then definitely good, but S1 reds are pretty poor.

2 Likes

@Guvnor it would be amazing if these character thread template polls had a question like:
More worth ascending than:
*S1 reds
*S1/s2 reds
*Worth ascending no matter what
*Not worth ascending unless it’s your only red
Etc

Just a suggestion , couldn’t see a forum suggestions section anywhere

2 Likes

There is no one size fits all answer. That’s why anybody is free to create a thread with their specific dilemma outlined

And to be honest, @Guvnor already does so much work around here for free that this could be an unrealistic expectation

1 Like

Calm your farm. Not an expectation or asking anyone to do overtime. It was purely a suggestion, all welcome to disregard.
Polls already exist in these templates and also ask questions that aren’t a one size fits all. I would assume their format isn’t set in stone and the mods are open to feedback is all.

1 Like

Yeah righto

Just mindful that @Guvnor could go the way way of @zephyr1 who was a great servant of this community and burned out

Of course, he can look after himself too!

3 Likes

:rofl: This proofs where he comes from…

10 Likes

Any update on this? Thank you.

I don’t have a levelled copy of Reuben so I haven’t done any testing.

Also have seen him only once on defence so no testing there.

Nobody has shared any info / updates that I’ve seen either.

So no, no updates.

Reuben in a mono context is very similar to Freja.

Both are fast, both produce minions, both produce a defence buff (one smaller against everything, the other greater only against DoT) and one buff minions while the other hit 3.

So if you like Freya, probably in a mono Reuben is same effective.

Same story if you have none (or just one) of the status protector.
In war you have several teams to build, and if you want protection from DoT in more then one, Reuben come in handy.

Having two or more and his value drop, as i will not build all my teams for status protection.

1 Like

Reuben is my biggest chance at the game …

1 Like

Are you seriously comparing a 20%minion hp vs 5%? A defense 30% buff that works against most of the opponent attacks including slash and that can counter deff down vs a useless 50% dot reducing that is less effective than a cleanse or a block?

Unbelievable :roll_eyes:

Max emblemed my reuben to replace my marjana as flank to Telly in War rainbow defence as I don’t have good Clerics or Reds.

No regrets, his attack does 300+ damages to 3, and his stats are Attack: 848, Defence: 773. Health 1529 (Sword/Health Path, maybe mistake should have done Sword/Defence).

Not a game changer but quite a useful hero I find.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your positive experience with your maxed Reuben. Quick question: Is your Marj maxed emblem too?

I maxed him, but next to Lady Loki, Azlar and Noor I cannot really use him. Lady Loki takes away the DoT, Azlar is powerful and Noor has very powerful Minions. I know Reuben is fast, but as long as you don#t fully emblem him, I must say that he is too weak. And the minions he gives - they are quite poor compared to Noor and Freya…

Yes, i do.

Ditto that Freja may fit better in more teams and is more all around, against DoT her defensive buff is useless.
So against a team rely most on DoT, Reuben is better.
And you of course avoid to compare his attack on 3 with her buff on minion, which even if not really high is surely better.

I’m saying that he is better of Freja? No, really not.

I’m saying he is usable same of Freja? Not even this, sorry.

I’m saying against some team, his value is about that of Freja.

It is enough for you to invest rings on him? That’s only up to you.
But blindly deny everything he has just because you decide you hate him is just stupid.

1 Like

You rarely face more than 2 dot hereos in the defense team and most of time there is only GM. Fewer and fewer Vela since she really sucks now and sometimes Jabber who only hits two with his dot.
So most of the time the dot reduction is useless and even when it could be a thing I prefer to bring a cleanser than that weak hero.

On the other hand freya has beefy minions and a buff that works against all specials skills you can see now the current meta defenses. Her minions on her own absorbes more damages than Reuben’s ailment…

There are no comparison possible between them. Offensively freya is a A+, Reuben is a C- to me.