Reduced Raid Tournament Loot During Work on Matchmaking [Developer Response in Post 334]

I’ll take the five possible freebies to fill the hero chest.

2 Likes

I have been watching this thread, a lot of good points on both sides, and some that make no sense to me.

Many game companies use beta testers, SG is no different. In fact I beta tested for another game before this one, it is a widely used tool for game developers.

I think some of the problem is so many of us were clamoring for something new, and this was really kind of rushed to the public…….and because people were so excited to try it, when it turned out to be very flawed the disappointment was massive.

I am still going to play, and keep giving (constructive) feedback and take it as free flags to fill chests, and free (even if it’s crappy it’s still free) loot.

Heck, if enough people boycott I might even have a chance at top tier! :smiley:

5 Likes

Not harsh at all. The game has out grown the devs team, hence Zynga, they don’t need more BETA tester but bigger devs team. If you look at the game overall, there are alot of content for a phone game, unfortunately, these bugs will take time to sort out. Just life.

1 Like

Love your attitude on it. Bigger person than I.

However the above quote scares me because if too many people adopt this attitude it will only get worse unfortunately. We as humans… And I’m pretty sure the devs are human too… Will take a mile when given an inch. Scary ground we are treading on by not holding them accountable.

1 Like

I try not to let the game frustrate me…….I went C2P some months ago, and I enjoy it for the most part — much more than when I was spending more and getting frustrated…now I just play to play.

Yes, it will push your patience and persistence to the limits…….but I am one, that if I am not challenged, would be bored and have been long gone by now.

I am willing to give the devs a chance to work on the tournaments…and the fact that they are already making changes is encouraging. I don’t like the reduced loot anymore than anyone else, but am hoping it will be restored once a better system is in place.

I look back at the wars, and they are much better now than in the beginning…because they actually did listen to players concerns and suggestions…

For now I am taking a “wait and see” approach.

2 Likes

Haha I see what they are trying to do but it is the complete opposite of what most people were asking for. We asked SG for more and they gave everyone less. I guess that fixes the “unfair” distributions but doesn’t fix the problem at all unless the matching and scoring is fixed. If the matching and scoring are fixed then there is no need for reduced loot.

I think the loot was fine, just didn’t like the way to get it. Now if they set up top tier for those that went flawless, next tier to those that lost 1-2 and so forth I would love it. Loot would be based off of performance and not a lottery. I think challenge events should be this way too. Loot tiers at the top 10 are too small. It would be nice for those to be expanded by performance scores also. #1 loot tier for so many points scored and above. That way more than a select few get the better rewards.

10 Likes

Best quote about this topic. Thank you @Uclapack

They are testing to see if it is fixed

And weren’t you one of the people complaining about others getting good loot in a broken system while others got not so good loot?

Well…problem solved

They are not sure the system is fixed(obviously)

So they capped the rewards to pacify the “it’s not about getting more free loot than what we already recieved it’s about fairness”, “no player should get 100 emblems from a broken system”, “no one should get a leap on the competition due to bugs”, “reward all evenly or not at all if devs think there are obvious flaws in the system but must test to fix” (direct quotes from quite a few people in that other thread)

So was it about fairness or just getting more loot?

Outside of the demands for 1% loot to everyone that felt they deserved it, this is exactly what players wanted.

Capped loot until the kinks in the system are worked out

And like i said in the last thread

No matter what, you can give players what they ask for but there will still be complaints.

7 Likes

With the utmost respect for you, I don’t think you understand what my complaint is. I’m not saying reduced loot doesn’t fix the problem. It does but the better solution would be to expand the loot tiers based on performance. They didn’t want to do that for the same reasons that they don’t want to expand the challenge event loot tiers.

I think it’s sad that some are pointing fingers over SG decision. Obviously the players asking for the tiers to payout more equal didn’t expect SG to make them all less. Hopefully they get the matching and scoring fixed this time :slight_smile:

1 Like

The whole thing is a lost cause and players will continue to prove that for the life of the game

Devs took a at least 3 steps forward that i can think of but now they still suck cause they didnt take 4 steps

After the 4th step they’ll suck cause they didnt take a 5th step etc etc

Until 4* mats, 5* heros, and 100s of emblems are handed out every week like clockwork to a large % of the player base, players wont be happy

But then they’ll still complain that their friends or teammates or whoever isnt getting the same loot they do so the % should be expanded further

Then it will be

And then we’ll see the saame pattern

Until 90% of the player base has hit the end game status and is quickly bailin out just like we see at least 1 or 2 people a week do now

1 Like

Maybe…I like the positive perspective/outlook. I remember feeling the same way. Hope you don’t lose that.

I, on the other hand just feel that they are greedy. I mean you have the option to expand tiers or lower them and of course they choose the latter :wink:

2 Likes

The new loot tiers are a joke. Way to go. If I didnt have so many people I like on this game it would be easy to delete. You guys really… cant say it or I’ll get banned but you know what I want to say.

@zephyr1 @Kerridoc for a possible merger to Reduced Raid Tournament Loot During Work on Matchmaking [Developer Response in Post 334] - #195 by JLB_ep

2 Likes

It’s not about being positive

It’s about being realistic and seein where the game started and seein where it is now and seein all the changes that have been made to satisfy players and none of them have ever been enough.

outside of hero balances(but even most of those are still less than satisfactory because every 5* should be an A+++ hero)

Rare titans to increase loot, not enough

11/12* titans increased loot odds, not enough

More events and seasonal quests to increase loot, not enough

War chests, not enough

Raid tournaments, not enough

You dont see a trend there?

It isnt and never will be enough

Players dont want a progressive strategy game anymore, they want an instant rewarding arcade game that offers everything for direct buys instead of rng spreading things out over a large population

The way this game was intended to be played and the way players want to play it are in 2 diffetent universes

The game was never meant to be instantly rewarding or a point and buy any hero/troop you want system or a fast paced go from 80/1 to 80/20 in less than year

People have lost their touch with the game from when they started playing to now

The game is about making the best of what you get until you get what you want, not getting the best you want when you want it.

How that has been lost is beyond me

For a guy that hasnt ranked in an event to get any 4* mats, I’m squatting on 20 maxed 5s and have mats for more, plus 1 or 2 mats away from maxing heros i already have and I’ve been playing a little over a year

I know you and dator are both at over 30 maxed 5s, but that doesnt mean everyone or even a large % of the player base should be since it would just raise the expectations bar even higher, then 60 would be the new 30 then 90 would be the new 60 and players would ve spending more on summons and bored with the game cause devs cant produce enough heros and produce enough features or improve enough parts of the game to outpace the progress of players

The game has to be paced at a steady growth and so do players which i truly believe most are but will never know for sure because any player that isnt growing as fast as they want isnt growing at all.

1 last thing: the more inclusive reward tiers are, the less valuable the rewards

11 Likes

Fair enough. I would think 100 emblems giveaway would be that so called “instant rewarding” that would be too much to just win? I mean if the game is all about the grind and working to get everything, putting in the time, then to give that many emblems in one lottery is just crazy. Weren’t you happy with that though? I’m not against the loot decrease but maybe I’m just as greedy as SG and wanted them to choose the generous solution. I agree with them that it needed evened out but this was quite drastic. They could have done 30, 40, 50 emblems or something close to the average. 5 to 100 emblems to me ruins the grind considering it takes so much time to get any. I’ll stop with the back and forth. Sorry I’m stubborn and opinionated…

5 Likes

No the problem is they introduce all this stuff with the promise of better loot then take it away or the “fantastic loot” offered in the first place isn’t really all that fantastic…

Raid tourney: yep great loot week one, lets nerf the hell out of it to pacify the whales who thought “unworthy” people got great loot and they didn’t. You know damn well even if they buff the rewards they won’t go back to where they were

Rare titans: one of the biggest jokes…loot is garbage on rarea just like on every other titan. Difference is, they tease the possibility of a 4* item all the while barely giving them out and making the titans nothing more then a huge item suck to kill

Events…yay another way for the whales to get top tier loot and the rest of the peasants to fight over scraps. The rewards system for events are a constant source of debate when events pop up.

Seasonal events…they are cool actually since everyone can get the same loot.

War chests…decent loot. Not sure they are worth the 2 1/2 weeks to a month it takes to open them, but yeah they aren’t terrible

If SG wouldn’t say in one speech that they want to make mats more available and in the next breath do everything possible to screw over the player base and only cater to the huge spenders then maybe the forums would not be so filled with negativity.

End of rant…it is probably time for me to find a new game to play…raid tourney loot nerf is the last straw for me. I love my alliance and the friends I have made on here but you can only be f’d over so much before enough is enough

5 Likes

First and only post in this rebel toppic.

Most important:
I think it should not have gotten out of beta and into the live game the way it was introduced now.
( I am not in beta myself and cannot judge why this has been released the way it was done now)

The ‘random’ loot rewards made a lot of people angry and I can imagine why. If you call it a tournament rewarding loot ‘randomly’ is not what you expect.
A lot of people started to complain here on the forums and SG took matters serious and shut down the tournament. They have tried to improve the matchmaking and now need to see if the results are the same as they expect it to be.

We now have two options:

1. Tournament match up works as intended and all is okay.
    SG will be happy and wait 1 or 2 tournaments to see if really everything will be okay and then increase loot.
    People will still complaing because they ended in top 1% and did not get the loot they think they should have got.

2. Tournament match up works not as intended yet and SG needs to make more adjustments to make it to 1.
    People will still complain because SG cannot make an introduction of a new thing in game and make it work perfeclty the first time.

People are complaining always and about everything they can think as a good reason for themselves.

My request:
Stop the shouting and screaming and lets just see what SG has come up with, do the tournament and provide them with the data they need to make a good choice how to proceed with tournaments in the future.
Be happy something new is introduced and enjoy it (or come here and complain about the RNG Gods during tournament).

We should be glad there is another way to get those emblems and not have to work hard for it or use expensive items for it.
All you have to do is 20 raids… If you don’t want to, then simply do not enter the tournament.
As SG already mentioned, the reduced loot will be increased in time again. They need time to make sure it works as intended and then will increase it (my assumption).

/me is out of this thread now.

8 Likes

I was expecting they would do something about the loot, so I’m not surprised by this. Last time my loot was a lot better than any elemental chest in the last 8 month… it seemed funny to me at the time how some people might start getting this king of loot twice every week…

Take the emblems out of the equation would you care about it this much?

1 Like

I like the idea of the raid tournament very much and I was surprised about how good the loot was for it.
Now I have a problem with the reduced loot, simply because of the reasoning: the majority of the community suffers because something went wrong and the heavy spenders complained.

This last part is what makes me sad. I spent high 4 digit myself and looking at my bench I obviously collected a lot of stuff (20+ maxed 5* tell me that I received mats). Now that for the first time some f2p people got lucky it’s taken away again? Shouldn’t we spenders be more generous and happy for them?
Do we really need the 60’s Orb? Do we really need the 50’s duplicate 5*? Give the community something and if it’s random, than hell it’s random, that’s the core of the game.

5 Likes