Reduced Raid Tournament Loot During Work on Matchmaking [Developer Response in Post 334]

I’m really torn about thia tournament.

On one hand I want to participate to see how I’ll fare in it, on the other I have no incentive to play, after being unfairly rewarded in the last one and this one automatically taking away chances for decent loot.

At this time, it seems that going for one attack to see how my defense team fares will do the job.

1 Like

If it is at no cost, why not participate? At the very least, it helps fill raid chest without flask/gem spend

3 Likes

Apologies if this has already been stated elsewhere in this gargantuan thread, but the appropriate thing to do here would have been to have kept the total loot the same as before, but give everyone the same odds at that loot regardless of tier while the matchmaking and scoring is a work in progress.

1 Like

Just MY opinion… I’m not a tester or a beta tester. I am just a player. I am not doing the devs jobs because of whatever reason they feel it is OK to use their player base as guinea pigs. Especially when the loot is now worth less than mystic vision on a bad day. Zero incentive. I’ll fill my raid chest in Diamond and actually enjoy that as there is a tangible reward for doing so.

2 Likes

Isnt that what they did last time that pi**ed everyone off?

Time is a valuble resource.

My interest in the game has dropped in the last half an year, I’ve stepped down to a less strong alliance, farm less, miss some important quests, etc. I fill up raid chests often, but not every day. I also, try to find strong oponents in raids to get challenged and train for wars. Unless the tournaments are with 5 stars, with the current loot it makes no sense for me to spend time on them.

I’m generally disappointed in the game developments since the introduction of the wars. I quite love participaring in wars, but season 2, atlantis summons, classes in their current state, and the monotony of the game is getting me quite bored.

That being said, tournaments look quite fun, but with the reduced loot, they are just not worth it time-wise. And I kind of want to boycott them, since they did absolutely nothing to compensate for the… mishaps of the last tournament.

I’m quite stunned how little can a company do in an year tbh. Other companies double the game content and rebalance everything twice an year in a much, much more complex games. It’s fascinating…

6 Likes

Lack of loot is a short term thing (SG few weeks to months), i think they should limit participant to Diamond Tier only, once the matching system is fixed, then expand it to the rest of the players that way the matching are easier to manage and most player defense are pretty similar.
To simple?

There’s a thought… No loot while testing, but also on a volunteer basis.

No, last time they just bumped people up one tier. There was still a massive difference in expected value between the top tier and lower tiers, all of which contained undefeated players.

That’s BETA…if you want to do that you need to write an essay why Thorne need to be buff, along with an application form.

1 Like

Did it bump everyone up? I don’t remember that. 20/20 and 0 losses put a bunch of peopke including myself in tbe 3rd prize tier.

But then truthfully I might not remember as I was pretty choked at the way it was distibuted.

All they have done now is closed the barn door AFTER the horse ran away.

Too little too late for them to NOW do this and not expect backlash.

So people didnt get a random shot at the same loot?

Because from what I’ve gathered is that pretty much anyone could have got 1% tier but who got it was pretty random

1 Like

Oh, something I missed in my last post.

I am unsure on how useful the gathered data with the changes will be, considering the lowered loot. I suspect that some players will not participate this time around, and some others will not be giving their best. If due to this, the data becomes unreliable, it will quite possibly go unnoticed, and when they tune the rewards back up, a new wave of unpredicted bugs will appear.

Cool. I realize that about beta. I however raid Diamond. I do not want to test new mechanics as a diamond player. I’m sure I’m not tbe only one that does not want to ve an unpaid volunteer. So diamond might not ve the best idea. Here’s a thought, They obviously need MORE beta testers as it seems that the beta pool is far too small to adequately test new features.

@SandMan if my tone feels harsh… Don’t take it personal please. Not meant to be directed at you, any players or mods.

Eh people enjoy the game or they dont

My chest rewards are typically crap but i fill 5 per day anyways cause i’m going to farm and raid regardless so might as well fill some chests for “random crap loot”

The raid tournament is no different

Said the same thing last week:

People are making waaay too big of a deal out of it

2 Likes

You do you, buddy.

The other guy asked me why I wouldn’t play it if it’s “free”, I gave my reasons.

And I did see your post above, so by all means play the way that make you happiest.

I guess what I should have said is that if you want to maximize your chances to get loot, participation is kinda mandatory. Whether that be wars, raids, MV, events, Titans, or any other new content that SG provides.

2 Likes

Interesting take on things. I’m going to agree to disagree however as all of those things except the gaming industry actually pay quality control personell… Well maybe not restaurants either…

I just want to maximixe chances for good loot per time spent, as good loot is one of the few exciting things to look forwatd to left in this game :slight_smile:

Another way is to make loot a certainty per time spent, but that’s not the game policy. E.G. if one invests 3 hours in the game, one has a good chance of getting something to advance his progression.

Word. I knew Rushfan would get it. And there is no more a bigger canard than arguing the concept of “fair”. Thank goodness all are equally miserable now. Hope I see most of you gloaters in the tournament so I can personally ensure your lower loot tier, and you don’t have to cry about being undefeated and not in the top tier.

4 Likes