Q&A with Game Designers - Spring 2021 Edition (Discussion Part II)

Twenty QFT characters.

2 Likes

Iā€™m fashionably late to this party.

tumblr_lxnoakjh9Y1r7hkxdo1_500

5 Likes

Well said :joy:

3 Likes

As I said in limit breakers thread the fact that over 3/4ths the community voted hate the idea and they still did it after saying that were giving QoL improvements players asked for just seems like a huge lieā€¦I honestly have no faith in the devs words anymore. Some of the answers I literally read and my jaw just dropped and made me regret spending what I have on this gameā€¦totally f2p from now on and limit breakers and what seems like just lies may be my limitā€¦Iā€™ll try to focus on just playing and the friends Iā€™ve made in the community and welp I guess ignore the devs cuz theyā€™re ignoring us IMHO

5 Likes

Una tonterƭa el juego cuantos meses invirtiendo y jugando constante y no dan hƩroes de 5 * ya la verdad estƔ desanimado a grupo muy grande de amigos

The message here is, our priority is the squish more money by creating more content and op heroes. Fixing all problems does not make us money. Adding more employees cuts from the profit. Be happy with what you get and make us happy by spending.
I worked for a big corporation developing software and hardware and made me sick to see how politics work. Many projects were canceled due to that they were not making as much money as they wanted regardless the millions of dollars that many customers had spend and the answer to them was we will give you support for a few more years, thanks for spending the money on our product and we have another project that you might be interested on, we always welcome your money

6 Likes

Hi Dev Team,
I really enjoy your game and the team I am inā€¦
I have a small request for you. I think that Iā€™m not the first one to ask. But nevertheless, Iā€™ll ask anyway.
On our Team, we have friends having double or even triple heroes in their list wherehas some donā€™t even have one great hero.
Would it be possible to create something where one can exchange their Heroes? Either exchange or just keep in disposal so that the one in need can serve themselvesā€¦ This will bring strong bond between the members of the teamā€¦
Thanking you in advance for your time, attention and your replyā€¦
Tecknorias

Welcome to the forum
See the larger discussion of your idea here

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been looking for hooks to keep playing this game. Unfortunately, I didnā€™t get any in this Q&A.

Over the last couple of years, my interest has waned significantly. I used to really enjoy it and would actually track good deals etc. But perhaps Iā€™m in the end game now where itā€™s more habit than fun that keeps me coming back. Over the last few months Iā€™ve gone full f2p, and started letting go of chests, quests and gasp even events. What would once have me setting alarms now has me actually skipping even when I log in.

I was hoping to get some motivation to keep playing from the Q&A, but I didnā€™t. So I guess Iā€™ll just let the natural course of this downward graph play out.

It was fun while it lasted, itā€™s still fun on occasions that are getting rarer and rarer. But I guess thatā€™s life. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

For me Empires&Puzzle is not my main game anymore.
I did not leaved, nor i have intention to, but i found myself now play more time on another game.

And thatā€™s what i suggest to people struggling to still find excitement in this game to do.

I guess most of us did not want to lose/waste all the progress, accomplishments and status quo we gain in years of play, but i discovered that starting a new game from scratches was exactly what gives me more fun now.

So do not leave, but find yourself another game that gives you the same feelings when you started this one.

Eventually, you will find yourself less annoyed by the greed of this one and just spend more hrs on the other.

Thereā€™s really much more friendly (and fun) options out there, you just have to find yours.

I find mine, and i kinda regret to not tried it sooner.

13 Likes

I was sick and appalled by alot of their answers and all I got out of all the sugar coating was that they claim we all want more and more events and newer and stronger heroā€™s released at break neck speeds. However Iā€™m far from naive and can read between the lines. Does anyone believe that itā€™s our wants that prompts this or maybe itā€™s that new events and heroā€™s bring in more money??? Which seems like the most logical reason? If our wants were Paramount then please explain limit breakers? No, ever since zynga started taking over small giant this has been a fast downward spiral. Theyā€™re on a constant cash grab and improving the game isnā€™t on their agenda. The telly and vela nerf was small giants way of trying to keep a balanced game,zynga is headed in the totally opposite direction and their sole agenda is generating more money even at the cost of a quality product. 1 billion dollars and the your sole focus is still on more money without improving your product? If any other business was conducted this way it would of went bankrupt fast. Iā€™m now ftp and this greed filled corporation will never see another cent from me.

7 Likes

I have a similar opinion to this.

What I am wondering most about is the statement that most of us want more content (new heroes, new events). If thatā€™s based on beta players feedback, then it would be weird as many beta testers feedback was ignored beforehand ( I think the last case was about the limit breakers as beta testers feedback was mainly strongly against it) so it makes an impression, that beta players feedback doesnā€™t really matter in the end.
I think most of us have a feeling that this game takes more and more time if you want to finish all the challenges, wars, titans, which is obvious due to new content. i am a generally interested in all aspects of the game , but since league of villains i keep losing track over new 5* heroes names, abilities and play style, itā€™s just all gotten to much. I understand there are some players who cant get enough and thatā€™s fine but really think that this group is a minority. could be wrong though maybe a poll could underline this statement.

5 Likes

What I want just S2 4* on HA, I donā€™t care about new heroes/eventsā€¦

3 Likes

The problem with a poll is that us forum users tend to be the vocal minority, I think.

I mean, I certainly agree with all the takes in this thread, that SG is using ā€œmoney spentā€ as their main form of user feedback, and thatā€™s skewing their development output towards the desires of a not-so-vocal (and presumably much smaller) minority.

But my point is just that a forum poll with 95% negative feedback regarding recent game updates would just be more of the same as the feedback theyā€™ve been ignoring from forum users and beta testers for months/years already, in favor of what the whalesā€™ wallets have to say. A poll wonā€™t change that, or illuminate anything new for anyone.

4 Likes

Which poll it is? Isnā€™t the record is non-S1 costume at 90% negative?

Oh I wasnā€™t referring to any existing poll, sorry! Just the hypothetical one proposed above. :grin:

They also reply to that and they said that the ainā€™t going to happen

Are they even hearing our Q&A? Lol i Bet they donā€™t even care.
They are just busy creating new money / new Heroes.

Just make it example.
They donā€™t even ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  care with that Salmon, where the majority of Beta Testers gave bad feedback about that Hero.

The ignorance is on the New High Level.

2 Likes

Exactly, when you have this many players and making this much money, I think it becomes your responsibility to build the team to the point it can service the needs of this player base.
Not, ā€œall these ideas are cool, but weā€™re a small team and the only thing Iā€™m sure is it definitely wonā€™t happen this year.ā€
Reaction to hero space shouldnā€™t beā€ we didnā€™t think weā€™d come so far, we had 100 heroā€™s, and now 350!ā€ ā€œHero space should be afforadableā€ but itā€™s not. And youā€™re doing nothing about it?!

Itā€™s like a supermarket that is crowded with customers, but they still wonā€™t staff up for customer service, and the only thing they can add is cashiers,

5 Likes

Just a heads up that @Gwniver has retired. :frowning: So she may not reply to your post.

3 Likes