Past Challenge Event Scores Reference Consolidation

Thank you this is really helpful. Here is mine from last month.

1 Like

Here are my current scores. They will go up a little as I replay levels, but it’s a good start.

Screenshot_20200311-221023_Empires

4 Likes

thanks for linking me! score is still the same for a save top 10k.
already managed to be top 500 in epic as well.

good luck to everybody!

Thank you so much for this as I had no idea what kind of score I should be going for. Great info right there!

As a side note, you think you could post your roster (could even be in plain text) for each tier? If you want to keep them private, it’s cool too, no worries :slight_smile:

In case you’re looking at the first one for pirates with a really high rank, that’s @DaveCozy, not me. He’s probably using mono-red teams.

Generally speaking mono-blue, mono-red and mono-yellow are best for this event.

I only compete in Rare, so my teams are:

• Gunnar (druid), Gato, Gato, Gato, Karil
  • Gunnar(druid), Namahage, Namahage, Namahage, Rudolph
  • Melia, Bane, Bane, Bane (ranger), Dawa

I will try to post images of them (but I can’t promise that, as I’m pretty busy this week and so this time I’m only aiming for top 1000). However those are my teams and that should give you an idea of what heroes are good in the event.

If you have Nordri, then he’s way better than Karil too (I don’t have him though).

For items I use arrows, axes, minor mana potions, and mana potions.

4 Likes

Dave, what do you think about using bear flags instead of mana pots? Midnight roots are a rare commodity needed for bombs.

I guess you change your team depending on the regular mob you’re facing?

1 Like

Correct

@bobiscool Bear banners are not as good as mana pots. You want skill damage to kill bosses quick. Making more matches lowers your match bonus. Mana pots lets you instantly charge a hero and spam their special skill quick, saves time and moves.

2 Likes

I have a place for Ulmer there, specially for last lvls…
Ulmer nordri gatox3

It seems like with POV going on you’re going to need a slightly higher score than past events to rank in rare Maybe I’m wrong, but it’s seemed higher on the past couple than usual.

What would be nice, is if they allowed us to see our previous scores for each challenge event. Just the last one, it doesn’t have to be all we participated in. Just the master score for each tier - although a stage by stage would be cool.

Is it the shared damage that makes Gunnar’s costume so go? I ask because I’m using Brienne’s costume. I apply her defense down, hit the power shards and it appears the enemies hit the -65% defense down rebuff cap immediately. It’s cake after that.

Yes, it’s the shared damage. It lets you kill everything very quickly, particularly the triple bosses. You don’t have to aim your snipers thanks to Gunnar.

3 Likes

I actually use Costume Gunnar to specifically aim at the weaker enemies who they share that damage with the boss. It gets a little more tricky with DoT heroes.

1 Like

I started keeping track of my challenge event scores in Excel a few months ago.
Grimforest in December was the first time I tried to do well.
I used my entire stock of battle items to make the top 1000 in Guardians Rare. My rare team uses unleveled troops and heroes without emblems.
I was on vacation in February and did not have time to replay any levels.

I’m f2p so I would generally say these scores achievable. Top 100k, 50k, 100k is very easy to do if you can complete the levels to begin with. Top 10k, 5k, 10k is doable with some battle items and replaying each stage once or twice.

4 Likes

I’m seriously missing something in my play then. I completed Rare VERY easily this time (never at risk of dying or losing the stage) and I have a good selection of 3* for stacking (not 5X Namahage, but not bad). I played mostly Bane Bane GanJu Nashgar Hawkmoon (normal) for Rare. Several of those have emblems (from 4 to 15). I can’t get close to top 100k. I’m at 190k ish right now. I’ve played the stages with bad scores over and it doesn’t seem to move me up much either.

Any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?

1 Like

@NotEye Can you start by posting your scores by level?

2020-03-13 14_44_45-Microsoft Excel - HeroPlan.io Export - noteye 2020-03-13
Thanks for even taking the time to look @Ruskin505

Honestly I think it’s something fundamental in the way that I play that I’m not consciously aware of. Maybe I’m too cautious in the use of my specials or tile play. Something.

I just started competing in Challenge Events a few months ago so I’m just trying to pass on what I learned and was taught along the way.

Your scores for 1-8 are relatively in line with what I have. Can they be higher? Yes. It looks like stages 9-15 are where you’re comparatively behind. 9, 13, 14, and 15 have the highest possible scores due to the 3 bosses. So if you want stages to focus on it’s the later ones.

I use Costume Hawkmoon (attack buff) and Costume Gunnar (best rare defense status effect). Those two are a huge help in these events. Do you have any defense down or attack up heroes you could use to buff your team?

Are you willing to use 10 minor mana pots, 5 mana pots, 5 axes, and 5 arrows? That can go a long way.

I will say to get the best scores I have relied a bit on luck to get a bunch of diamonds. Also the month I placed top 1k I replayed each level until I got a rare chest since that extra 5k helps a lot.

Are you going into the final level with all of your specials charged?

To get 76K on rare stage 15 I beat it in under 2 minutes. Are you playing as quickly (and smartly as possible)?

Sorry if some of this is basic advice, but just checking the boxes. I hope knowing where to focus is a good start. Given you can get similar scores in low levels as I can, I would assume you can do something similar in later levels. If don’t have any defense down heroes that could be the biggest detriment to getting higher.