Overpowered and Underpowered Heroes

You’ve Def given some things to think about. Thank you. I’ve been struggling with deciding which cards to play in which team and which position to play them. I have a good number of options. My most notable cards are:

Elena
Leonidas
Justice
Sonya
Boldtusk
Sabina
Rigard
Li Xiu
Brienne
Skittleskull

It kind of stinks having two yellow 5*, good problem to have though i guess (Li xiu is yellow too and i see she is quite popular on the leader boards). I currently have both 5* yellows in my team (with no green card), along with Elena, Sonya, and Sabina. Defensive team is Sabina, Rigard, Boldtusk, Sonya, Justice (for accuracy debuff, instead of Leonidas). Any suggestions on improvements/strategies?

1 Like

I can only offer personal advice, based on what I would do, but I’m happy to do so. Obviously, others may disagree, and I can’t guarantee success.

I look at utility. What heroes are gamechangers?

Justice, has AOE blindness (accuracy debuff which causes a lot of misses), and that seems to be much more powerful, as of late (although I think that was intended to be nerfed slightly with this update [1.5].). To me, that’s a game changer in Raids. I use Hu-Tao for the same principal, he’s just 4*. That AOE blindness debuff, if you can get it off in a reasonable amount of time, is DEVASTATING, and a game changer.

Rigard, is the best tank in the game, in my opinion, except maybe for Vivica. In my experience, Rigard and Vivica have been toughest to bring down since Boldtusks heal was nerfed by 5%.

Li-Xiu’s AOE mana drain is more effective than meets the eye. Triggering her multiple times prevents me from using me from using the special attacks I need to win, at a time where I need them the most.

Brienne has an awesome Attack buff which can be devastating, if she survives. A big “if”, because she’s a 3* hero that dies fairly easily at higher Trophy levels.

Some folks utilize pure damage output for defense. I’ve been able to thwart those teams effectively with Boril and his Perfect Riposte ability.

Skittleskull would be much better if his mana regeneration was a little faster and survivability was a tad batter. He’s one of those characters that I would argue is a little underpowered, but could easily become overpowered if he’s not tweaked carefully. His attack power debuff can also be a game changer. The problem is, it’s slow to generate and he’s fairly easy to snipe dead, before he has a chance to us ei.t

Sabina, I find easier to kill, in relation to Rigard. Not sure about the math behind it, as stated in a previous comment. It’s a little unclear to me as to why she dies easier, but definitely isn’t as threatening, in my opinion.

I can’t say much about Elena and Leonidas, as I’m not as knowledgeable about some of the 5* heroes as I probably should be.

Sonya, is… meh, at higher levels. She’s not wonderful. She’s not terrible. I used to have a lot of problems with her, but not so much anymore.

I hope this at least helps a little bit. Like I said, I don’t have all the answers, but hopefully I can offer a little bit of insight.

Cheers!
Avicious

6 Likes

Appreciate the insight. Agreed on skittleskull. He Def seems a bit underpowered. I can see how Sonya might become a bit meh at higher levels. Shame I’ve been leveling up Sabina instead of rigard. I’ll have to change that. Thanks again for the advice.

1 Like

I think the fact that a hero is powerful or hard for a particular player to deal with does not mean that Hero needs to be nerfed. This game is starting to develop a problem with the number of heroes people want nerfed just so they can raid easier. This game includes a level of Puzzle/Strategy play. You need to find the way around some of the heroes. I have in some cases and once I new how to deal with the, they no longer were a problem. Nerfing is not always the answer. :unamused:

4 Likes

Like people want Boldtusk nerfed or taken to 5* but he is my favorite center to fight against, makes it easier on me.

People think Groot / Quintus are trash, but they wreck my team. Everyone has a place in a team. Just depends.

3 Likes

I would personally like to see a revamping of the raid system rather than individual heroes being nerfed. Yes, Rigard has also become my nemesis in raids, especially when paired with another healer, however I find that that’s not the issue I have in raids. The issue I find with Rigard and other tanks such as him is the way mana is handled for both the attackers and the defenders.

As an attacker, I only get mana from making gem matches with the colour that I want to build up. This leaves me with options:

1. I can prioritise some colours over others to build up the skills I know will be the most useful.

2. I can make matches in a confined area and hope that they will be enough to take down that bloody healer who procs after every match.

3. I can set off a large cascade, benefiting most of my heroes slightly, but unfortunately also causing damage to all the defending heroes, and therefore getting slammed with their specials after my matches are made and before even getting a chance to fire off my own.

This clearly leaves me with a problem, would I rather slowly whittle a single bothersome Rigard down to 0 hp while taking the (usually deadly) attacks from the rest of the defending team, or attack the entire defence team with a cascade meant to build up my team, and be (sometimes instantly) slammed to death by an onslaught of defender specials?

It really takes the fun out of raiding.

2 Likes

@Jaspi

Sounds like you need to start “ghost attacking” if you have a hole in the group of enemies, match tiles and put them through the hole, you’ll gain more mana. Do this with several of your heroes, miss the healer, and then blast him with specials.

2 Likes

I do, especially in cases where I can take out a weaker character quickly, however in many cases I don’t get the chance to without triggering a frontline healer’s special ability because of random gem cascades (which in a match three game are usually a good thing, not a bad one).

4 Likes

The biggest let down character I have is Thorne
Only 1 ability for a 5*.

1 Like

I have him and I admit I have thought he should not be a five star with the ability he has. Seems like a let down when stacked next to other five stars or even many four stars.

So you nerf Boldtusk but then roll out a tank like Little John? Interesting.

Elaborate? I don’t have Little John…

I don’t either but I want him, he’s a pretty heavy hitter.

“Deal 185% damage to all enemies and they get -64% mana generation for 3 turns”

Ouch! :open_mouth::open_mouth:

Leave boldtucks along no more nurfing if you had boldtuck you would not be complaining .

2 Likes

Caveat to little John is his low-ish defense.

Er, I didn’t understand your comment. The people who have Boldtusk are the ones complaining of the nerf…

And the fact he’s slow mana.

Speaking of features, I’d love to get replays of raid defenses at some point in game, so hard to tell what worked and what didn’t on that side. Guess I’ll go post that hail mary feature request if it hasn’t been already haha.

4 Likes

Thats what i am saying do not Neuf him he is good as he is staff stop neufing and do more testing before introducing hero so next months hero do all your testing first then once its were you want it then introduce it that way after you will not have to Neuf

1 Like

Ahhhhhh gotcha! :grin: