Overpowered and Underpowered Heroes

I think your priors (in a Bayesian sesnse) are affecting your perception. You’re suffering from confirmation bias.

If you really want some evidence to test your theory against then do some logging over a decent sample and let us know what results you generate.

2 Likes

What part of " i have never seen my opponent miss" did you forget to read Blobb.
I have played the game now for 2 months.
How much time and how many attempts do the opponents need to miss just once…

1 Like

@Megalodon @Avicious

I personally love FIGHTING boldtusk. Especially when he’s in the middle of a defending team. For a LONG time, I had two heroes at 70, and 3 at 60, and broke into the top 10, by targeting players with boldtusk. I would sponge attacks onto him, and he’d heal / buff, and then with a good timed attack, wipe him, hopefully lock out half the remaining four with an attack from Hel, and single target everyone else down.

I know people hate on Quintus, but I actually have a lot of problems with him. Aoe attacks are the end of my team, since I basically live on trying to keep everyone alive just long enough to blow up the entire team. I run no healers, and my only “defenses” are Li Xiu in that she takes away mana, Hel’s mana lock, and Magni’s defense buff.

The long and short is, just because he sucks for your team, or easy to kill for your team, doesn’t mean he’s a bad hero.

2 Likes

As I’ve posted, I think your perception is unreliable because you’re suffering from confirmation bias.

It’s either hyperbolic or just mistaken to say you’ve ‘never’ seen your opponent miss, unless your experience is limited to one or two encounters, or your version of the game is different to everyone else’s. Gamblers Stance does just what it says on the tin, in my experience.

But hey, maybe you’re right and you are experiencing a unique bug, or maybe you are just dreadfully, spectacularly unlucky. So if you’re sure that the special’s effect is not as advertised, then by all means test your idea by logging your experiences and reporting the results.

Just randomly asserting that you have ‘never’ seen an opponent using Gambler’s Stance miss is not hugely convincing.

1 Like

@Penari Yeah, I agree Boldtusk is manageable now. Hel is… wow. She is tough when she’s leveled. That mana block is devastating. Rigard is my new nemesis. I won’t even attack teams with Rigard as tank. I don’t have the offensive heroes needed to burn him down before he heals.

2 Likes

and that’s more in line with what 4 and 5 * heroes should be. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Boldtusk was always manageable. It’s just now he’s far easier to beat. They should have made him a five star, rather than nerf him.

As for Rigard, maybe they should nerf him to.

1 Like

Rigard is a pencil-neck geek. Whenever I see him I steal his lunch, stamp on his glasses, and give him a giant wedgie. He should be 1*.

3 Likes

Hahahahaha! Poor Rigard.

@Brobb, @Alancelot. Ironically my experience with Gamblers Stance is the exact opposite. I love seeing Wu Kong on an enemy team and I love it when he pops Gamblers. The enemies then whiff their attacks for the rest of the fight. It’s rare that I see one hit while under GS.

2 Likes

With update 1.5 they have decreased accurracy debuff on WuKong, will be interesting to see if he still misses all the time now.

Too bad for all those people who dumped him and absorbed him.

1 Like

What makes rigard so good? I have him sitting on my bench currently. I’ve been using Sabina instead. They’re very similar cards. Just curious which you think is better and why. Still trying to learn!

Rigard is a walking antidote with armor.
He heal and dispells your heros. Sabina only heals and dispells enemies.

So enemy debuffs applied to you, like blind, less armor, dots all go poof.

1 Like

Guess i should swap them in my attack squad then. I have both of them and boldtusk in my defense team. Should hopefully prove to be a nuisance to fight lol.

Source : Artemis Appendix for Empires&Puzzles (hero stats) - Google Sheets

Sabina does have more health (10% more) but Rigard has 16.4% more defense (though these calculations are somewhat vague, it would imply that Rigard is more tanky, and he does seem so.) But which one is more useful REALLY depends on your teams comp.

Rigard is more useful in high level provinces, since you’re more likely to be debuffed by titans or bosses (in comparison to bosses buffing themselves)

1 Like

@Jas19illini

The problem I have with Rigard when I raid him, is the same problem I had with Boldtusk before he was nerfed. He had a tank/mana/heal cycle that made him virtually unkillable with my offensive setup, when he was at the tank position.

Now, I’ll admit, I lack some offensive 4*-5* heroes, but, to answer your question, when I raid Rigard as the tank, it is generally a cycle of attack him, do minimal damage, generate his mana fairly quickly, he heals a very large amount, rinse and repeat.

That’s why I refer to him as the new Boldtusk.

Avicious

1 Like

Whoa thank you for that awesome doc! Very helpful. I’ve tried asking questions in the in game chat to no avail. Nice to find a place where some gameplay questions actually get answered. Cheers.

Is it a good idea to put a healer at the center/tank position to build their mana up quicker even though they take more damage in that spot?

1 Like

Great question.

I don’t know that there is an exact science to follow, per se. Generally speaking, the reason Rigard is often at the tank position, is because he can take a lot of damage, while also building mana to recover that damage, fairly quickly, with I believe is “Average” speed, IIRC.

However, people employ a lot of different strategies. My tank is Gormek. If I put Melendor at my tank position, he would die too quickly, because he isn’t a tank-type healer. His gem attacks are absolutely devastating, but he’s not fit to tank at my trophy level, in my opinion.

2 Likes