Norman - 5* Fire / Red from Champions family

Ignores taunt
Ignores dodge
Gives all allies 100% defense bypass
Cheesy 2lb effect to drop any damage to 1 with 15% a chance
Can’t be slowed
Like what more do you want, dispel protection?

2 Likes

Something. Very underwhelming as is. I guess maybe a dispel that also bypasses taunt. Idk. Or replace buffed defensive heros with aliment and skip the whole give ability to teammates aspect.

It just blows my mind that a hero that’s this overdesigned in 2024 is considered underwhelming. But to be fair, it’s the passives that overdid it

2 Likes

Norman

They’ve given up being creative on names, haven’t they? I can’t wait to get the next hotm, Gary

2 Likes

him becoming at least fast with that passive vs taunt

he really looks like a hotm - and not one of the better ones like ithar or r&n

whats the point with him ignoring all that stuff but barely doing anything for his team?
you will not kill anything with his current damage and the rest of his team still has to deal with taunt & dodge
so hes not good for damage part of team and neither for support part of team

that bypasses defensive buff thing is almost worthless - i barely see any counterattack or defense up heroes on defs

2 Likes

It’s an easy fix, just make him give his team dodge bypass as well.

2 Likes

So Flip also gives his allies the ability to bypass defensive buffs with their attacks and I’ve found him very useful against Obakan tanks. I’d be happy to pull Norman.

2 Likes

Agree, you summarized my view after my testing. He sounds too good but in reality he doesn’t support in area where it matters to impact the outcome. They could decrease his damage to half but the whole team should be able to pass e.g. dodge.

Many teams in war or raid have a taunt and/or dodge. This guy doesn’t change anything. You still need de-buffer and buff prevent or whatever strategy ppl use to take care of enemies.

Happy gaming

2 Likes

He doesn’t support the team beyond defense bypass but he softens enemy team and makes them easier to die. He does need other heroes to maximize the benefits of him but that’s the thing: until monsters like Aramis or Shaal came in the game it was about hero synergy.

He also looks like great tank for defense. His skill is made so that he can screw nothing when he fires and will ignore everything opponent will throw at him barring Wither. He’s also fighter with Aether Power that extends his survival.

Not OP, but not HotM-level bad. Is Sobek HotM level bad?

3 Likes

7 Likes

He’s not a one size fits all, and you have four other slots. He is a tool against countersattacks and other defensive buffs who happens to not be affected by taunters or dodgers.

I can see him working well with for example Torben.

Not worth chasing, but for sure worth mats if you get him :slight_smile:

I concur with @Nightmare2048 assessment. We really can’t look at him as a HotM. If that is your opinion please read below.

Just as a recap:

He deals 315% damage to all (285+30% from passive) and his attack stat is 1013 at 4/80 and 1358 at 2LB, which is solid. Xiamara’s 1st hit is 300% to all and she has similar stats.

There is a good chance he will charge at fast speed because e of his second passive. Heroes such as Fúlvia, Guinevere, Becky and Jove to name a few will trigger the +30% mana generation for 3 turns when they fire their special

Not to mention if you bring him to face 2LB Phorcys (most used Taunt Meta defensive hero) Norman will start the battle with a 10% mana gain, meaning it is possible to speed him up to charge in 7 titles.

He is also from fighter class which is one of the strongest on attacking line ups. I think Norman is a great tool for attack teams in current meta. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve lost battles because of Sha Wujing or Constance’s dodge. Norman will help ALL Allies to bypass Defensive buff for 4 turns which is fantastic. Using Counter attack heroes on defensive line ups (Elba, C. Obakan) is becoming more and more popular due to these crazy strong legendary troops. Passive damage from counter attacks is going to be a main strategy to prevail against heroes with 3500-4000 hp. Norman is a perfect counter to such strategy.

Without a doubt Norman will be very relevant for a long time in attacking line ups and even on certain defensive line ups, though I do think is more of an offensive hero.

11 Likes

His best use case would be what? Paired with a red dispel, so you can bypass the counterattack and not take damage on dispel? Or if have an enemy close to dead, they put taunt up, can still kill. Both seem pretty limited use. Most of the time he will just be a hit all with decent damage. But hardly a “great” hero like many they are releasing. That said of the choice of featured only luckier pull up there would be Evelyn. So he’s at least better than all the other available. Curious how people plan to use,/who they’ll pair him with.

To ALL Allies, not only him.

1 Like

I’m confused. He doesn’t allow your heros to bypass taunt. Only he bypasses taunt. So team 1 yeah they could get around counterattack… But starwalker applies the DD so I guess a defense up stat may slightly effect his damage. But his real damage comes after anyways. Same goes for other examples.

I would agree he would be great if he allowed your heros to bypass taunt.

2 Likes

Just tested, 100% confident he does not allow anyone to bypass taunt. Only himself. Also does not allow others to bypass dodge, only himself.

1 Like

Thx for your post. Only thin I don’t understand is the quote above.

Norman will not help you bypass dodge. I have tested myself and also commented of others.

Happy gaming

@crash-landon I stay corrected. I just tested him and you are right on dodge and taunt. The only support he gives to the team is to bypass defensive buffs and counter attacks. I want to test him with the toon heroes and see if he will bypass their 75% chance to resist all status ailment passive. I will update the post. Thanks for the feedback.

@A-Sweden my previous statement was incorrect. Oy his special will bypass taunt and dodge, not the team’s. I thought taunt and dodge were classified as a type of defensive buff. But they are not.

2 Likes