New War Rule -- ✨ War Equalizer

Oh, I missed that clarification in the OP. You are right. Thanks for the explanation :slight_smile: So it’s not as bad as I thought.

In general i think it is not worth it to change your defense for this war rule unless you have better fitting heroes on the same/nearly equal emblem-lvl.

As an Alliance it could for example make sense to switch to purple flanks (Ursena) instead of blue and bank Gravemaker for more direct damage like Gefjon, Marjana or Anzogh.

As i understand now attacker has to count turns to use his attacking team in most effective way. Nice! Finally some people start to think composing offensive team :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for this nice and simple to understand :slight_smile:

Don’t hate me if someone already asked that, killhare card says cannot be cleansed, I guess that won’t work against field aid cleanse? :thinking:

Yes it will be removed too, it’s in OP:

1 Like

My Lady Woorleton smiles big right now!!!
:laughing::poodle:

2 Likes

Some great advice here on the thread! I pulled my HOT heros from my attacking war teams for direct healers. Smart move. I also pulled a few AOT heros, but I’m not sure the impact is as significant (based on what I swapped with).

Defense-wise, will still need to see. I swapped out a DOT hero for a direct damage hero in my defense. I’ll let folks know how it worked out tomorrow. :wink:

Used my 3 attacks, played mono, and I can tell it didn’t make much difference. Either you have tiles or not, as usual. :laughing:

4 Likes

Bummer that stacks also Got removed. Skadi is pretty useless now.

1 Like

The most important rule is missing in war description: cleansing takes place after attack turn and before defence turn.

I think this is NOT equalizer but attacking team cleanser.
As the cleansing takes part AFTER attack turn and BEFORE defence turn,
attacking side NEVER uses cleansing and defence side ALWAYS uses it.

AI waits until your team is debuffed, then attacks with specials.
You’ll never attack debuffed defence team, and your effects lasts one turn less than those of defence team (unless you clean them yourself).

Defence team has one more advantage:

1. mana every turn for all,
  2. stronger defence than it should be according to stats
  3. much stronger attack/damage than it should be according to stats
    and now
  4. always attacks cleansed attacking team

This is the most unfair rule of all war rules.
Where is this equalizer?
The other alliance faces the same rules but this applies to all types of wars.

We will adapt, of course, but it doesn’t change the fact that it has nothing in common with making things equal.

So change the name, place the info about when cleansing takes part in war description, and we’ll try to win or we’ll skip the war with 0 points attacks.
This rule does NOT :sparkle:
Or maybe I’m wrong and this is the best war rule of them all.

4 Likes

Defense cant decide when to cast skills while offense can time them in the right moment
I think that’s the biggest advantage possible.

4 Likes

I enjoy this new rule - requires even more planning of what team to use, how to manipulate board and when and whom to target with specials.

Nice addition to war rules.

Can’t say the same to the minions one first instance which gave huge advantage to offense

I think this will be possitive in terms of variety of teams. GTV teams (still seen in some top defense team are almost nullified in this kind of wars. Ninjas will shine specially, and also fast and very fast hitters like Kageburado.

Springvale heroes will probably benefit aswell.

In terms of defense I´m screwed my ally run blue tank and only have Kiril and Boril as suitable tanks.

1 Like

Defence doesn’t have to decide. The number of turns is not 3 by accident. It usually takes 3 turns to load them up.
When You fight 4.6K+ defence team there is no luxury of waiting. This one turn of waiting for cleansing will make defence masacre You.
This rule is defective by design - now it gives advantage to defence team, and if cleansing takes part after defence team turn, it’ll give the attacking team huge advantage.

I have nothing against this rule, but this is not equalizer. Undead minions war is.

And it doesn’t apply to Alfrike and others like her so again, where is this equalizer?

Now there are those who had good boards and won, for them it’s a great war rule, and those, who had bad boards.
Let’s wait for several wars, get used to it, then vote.

1 Like

To each their own.
I found this new rule enjoyable and easier than say field aid or arrow barrage.
I use my skills after the cleanse goes off and use my tiles on enemy defense when cleanse is gonna go off.
But i guess opinions vary

2 Likes

I agree with @AnRui. I found this to be easier than Field Aide. With War Equalizer, it’s more about timing than anything else. I made minor adjustments to the heros I used, but I probably could have done just fine without changing anything. I found it enjoyable because I was able to workaround the new rule.

3 Likes

Yeah it sucks but it’s balance, she’s basically a win button with the undead horde rule. Although she’s not entirely useless in this rule, she can still cleanup decently

How is Baldur benefitting from this mode? in fact I think it’s the worse thing to happen to him as it completely destroys his niche. His brawler is just a buff which can be removed by this effect. Or unless I read this rule wrong.

Description is bs.Correctly:This war support is activated every 2 and half turns.

3 Likes