New War Rule -- ⏩ Rush Attack

It blew my mind to read this… :dizzy_face:

I like these rush wars. It’s still new but they have made Slow Heroes relevant. People are excited to max Azlar, Isarnia, Owl , Khagan, Justice etc. This Heroes were dead and almost never getting used before. Before you might only use them for Rush Raid tournaments but now they are getting much more use.
I don’t really have many slow Heroes maxed but will start do do that now.

3 Likes

That’s kind of where I sit. I had Azlar sitting on the bench at 3/70 and Quintus at 2/60, but now I’ve ascended Azlar and will probably do the same for Quintus as I have a surplus of tabards. I am working on Horghall only because I got his costume, and already had Vivica. My only Slow heroes are from S1 so I don’t have much to work with. I don’t have a surplus of Darts, so Justice is going to sit at 3/70 for a while yet.

I have been playing close to 3 years. Have been an alliance lead, give advice to Noobs, and generally do well in war. RNG was my downfall as tile matches matter when the enemy can get its special off before you can make a single match: game over. I did not get a “0”, but the lowest score I have ever had. I like “strategy wars”, more than “chance wars”. Do something different. It’s like the raid tourney. I’m all for new war types, but this may be the worst choice so far.

4 Likes

So I am not a big fan of rush tournaments, but like the idea of rush wars as it will be the most obvious change of gameplay of all the war scenarios imo.

However, I SUCK at rush - no matter tournament or war. People say it’s a lot about the board, but in that case it should be ok sometimes. In my case though, I am consistently bad. I know I am very low on slow heroes (Heimdall, Vivica and Elena) which makes it a little bit harder. I still think I should have a chance. Does anyone have any tips on what one can think about during these wars?

I’ve tried normal 3-2/4-1, mono as well as rainbow but I still on approx the same level whatever I do. What do you guys prefer?

Hi guys, I was wondering which selection of the team would do better in the rush attack war. Option 1 or Option 2?

Option 1

Option 2

“Gimme gimme I need some more” absolutely love rush attack in war! :grin: heimdall has a new friend, gullinbursti :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: same realm bonus. This is by far the best war rule.

2 Likes

I simply cant understand how people can like this. It is decided before it even begins. Alfrike spam = win. You dont have many Alfrikes in your alliance, you lose instantly. How can people like this? Its based on having one specific hero.

3 Likes

Hate it with all my guts. Please publish a notification prior on next war so I can opt out of that stupid week.

2 Likes

I just killed Alfrike :rofl:

2 Likes

Does it prove anything that you could kill her once? Absolutely not, the alliance with the more Alfrikes will still win.

1 Like

That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard. There are many other great Heroes! This thread has become a “cry me a river” thread! :sob::sob::sob: I have a deep roster bc I learned long ago that it’s better to build an army than one single hero! Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.

1 Like

Having Alfrike on your defense team means a so huge advantage that nothing can make up for it. Its not about the attack teams, its about the defensive teams with Alfrike eating the other alliances war flags. Thats why having more Alfrikes is an instant win in rush war.

1 Like

Had to go look at the war field. I guess we win! One person in our alliance has Alfrike, not one of our enemies has Alfrike! Yay we won and it just started :thinking:

Our alliance doesn’t have a lot of Alfrike. We are ranked around 500 usually so not soft, we just haven’t hit a lot of Alfrikes.

Our player with Alfrike levelled got annihilated about 5 time’s. His defence is circa 4600 so they just targeted him with the best teams they had.

Our lower level player (Tess) with Heimdall and JF sucks up flags even in normal wars and continued this time.

For what it’s worth our opponents went Red tanks and they didn’t have a lot of Alfrike either.

So she’s not exactly common and I had no issues taking the team out I hit with her on.

The 2 teams I failed on didn’t have her. So Alfrike isn’t the be all and end all.

My defence has Khagan and Quintus in it. After 2 1 shots it started to do some good work. So S1 heroes can do just as well.

4 Likes

I personally do not like this new war rule, because it is 98% dependent on boards.

2 Likes

Every war hit or raid is dependent on a board to some degree.

This is just quicker. I had a slow death slog fest against a high end Telluria team some time back…3 times I nearly killed Telluria and 3 times she was healed back to full and I end scoring a 0. My first and only one so far (touch wood).

Now at least it’s a quick death and I’m likely to score a little something rather than having the pain of watching it heal to full over and over.

Plus as I said above one of alliance went 6-6 on one shots playing rainbow. He spent time making each team and synergising them so he had all bases covered and just played the boards amazingly well.

He acknowledged a couple of squeaky ones but he’s a very good player and usually finishes top or close for us every war. I can’t play to that level and I freely admit it. But I get that’s going to be frustrating for some players.

2 Likes

Honestly I hate this rule. Enemies are charging fast af and setting off while I’m still stuck on 30-40%… :woman_facepalming:t2: I couldn’t make a single one shot. Terrible

Agree…stupidest idea sg has come up with yet.

SG…wars are the best part of the game. Why mess it up with this vfast bs. Its like playing bingo now. 1st to 6 tiles wins. Stop trying to fix something that wasnt broken…get rid of this gimmick.