New player, having some issues with blue and red. Your advice?

4* 3.60?

X* Y.Z is
X stars
Y tier
Z level

See
( The E&P Jargon-Pulverising Fictionary (glossary, definitions, dictionary) )

Season 1 & 2

Season 1 has 23 provinces.
Season 2 has 27 provinces.

I finished Season 1 when Season 2 was announced. But people have said Season 2 opens before you finish Season 1.

Base

Click for base

Unless you are a big spender, I advice getting to Legendary training ( recruit training level 20 ) as soon as possible since it is a great source of 4* heroes.

As a general rule of thumb level all buildings to level 8. Then two training camps to level 11. This lets you have one training camp while you upgrade the other. Then farms, food storage, mines, and iron storage to level 12 or 13. Then see the below links.

It also helps to have your Watchtower the same level as your Stronghold.

Personally, I run 3x Extra low cost training ( recruit training level 11 ) so at Stronghold 11, I upgrade all 3x training camps to level 11. Extra low cost has great return on recruits, but takes a really long time. So three camps running Extra low cost training helps with the slowness.

Raids

I usually advise people to ignore raids until they have 2x rainbow 3* 3.50 and 1x to 2x rainbow 4* 3.60 for color stacking. You will also hit an ascension item wall ( 3* / 4* ascension items ) so you will get a temporary glut of food for rerolls.

Hoarding recruits

Recruits can be stored in Low cost training ( RT04 ) and Extra low cost ( RT11 ).

3* / 4* ascension items

Ascension items are used to level a hero to the next tier. The following ascension items are need for 4* / 5* heroes.

( Ascension Items for max. Tier )

If you click on some ascension items, example 3* Hidden Blade, they are referred to as non farmable ( only obtainable as rewards from Wanted Missions, Titan Battles, Alliance Wars, Challenge Events and Tourneys ).

Heroes in the game

Class of all heroes ( and were to get the heroes )
( 🦸 Memento Heroes Classes and Class Trial Quests )

Details of all heroes
( New! All Updated Hero Rosters (including costumed heroes, trainer heroes and family bonuses) )

3* Healers

Click for 3* healers

There are only three 3* healers. Green Belith, Red Hawkmoon and Green Friar Tuck.

I still have my 1x Friar Tuck 3* 3.50 ( my first 3* healer).

But I also have
2x Belith 3* 3.50,
2x Hawkmoon 3* 3.50
and a few other Belith and Hawkmoon for trade.

Trade is 2-3 years away, I should probably get rid of some now that I have a stockpile of 4* 1.1 healers for trade.

3* Teams

So it is easier to build a team around your 3* healers.

So I would recommend leveling Friar Tuck.

Roster 3* Heroes

Renfeld and Graymane are HP stealers.

Renfeld you can probably use to level another hero. Renfeld is not considerd a good purple 3* hero and you have Tiburtus.

Graymane is trickery. Not a very good hero, but for now, a blue 3*

( Convince me not to feed my 3^50 Graymane - #7 by Gryphonknight )

Probably want to hold onto Berden. I have never leveled Berden, instead I leveled Friar Tuck and 2x Belith ( see above ).

1*/ 2* Heroes

Unless you have space, I would not hold onto the 1* / 2* heroes. Personally I have 1* Sigrunn, 2* Layla and 2* Ragnhild, but I have 242 hero slots.

Bad RNG

I have been playing since 2017-September and just recently got blue 4* Boril and still missing purple 4* Cyprian.

With bad RNG you can go years without a specific 4* hero ( see notes).

So red 4* Boldtusk and blue 4* Kiril ( the only 4* red and only 4* blue healer ) may elude you for months or years ( see notes )

4* healers

Click for 4* Healers

While good heroes, Boldtusk only heals for 27% and Kiril for 28% so I also have

purple Rigard 4*+11 and 4* 3.60
green Melendor 4*+11 and 4* 3.60
purple Sabina 4*+11 and 4* 3.60

All of who heal for 42%.

And a Kashhrek 4* 3.60, heal nearby 45% and protection from strong color, for defense and war teams. Gaderius is still at 4* 1.1 because Kashhrek is at 4* 3.60.

4 * Teams

So it is easier to build a team around your 4* healers.

Notes

Click for notes

4* RNG Paywall

Reference notes on DrakenKin's hero roster for future consults

Tiburtus
Caedmon
Friar Tuck
Leonidas
Bane

Sharon 2*+3

Margaret

Renfeld