Nerfing Telluria (Mar 2020 HOTM) ---> POLL IN POST #2; [Staff Comment Post #1445 & #4422]

Not even surprised. We used to make 6200-6600 against tanks of all colors, our recent results against greens were 5200-5800. In our worst performance against other tanks we were still making more than in our best performance against greens. That’s ridiculous. And this is in an alliance where all the members have 20+ 5 star heroes maxed.

1 Like

I bet you own one Telluria :slight_smile:

Agree 100%

Agree, best nerf ever.

Agree, that this can work on defence, but it will cripple Telluria more in a healer role, which I personally thinks as more important.

Telluria is already nerfed, since I have him maxed with emblems I get less green tiles :wink:

Come on people, what is this, over 2000 potsts for one hero who is close to perfection? Absurd imvho.
Let’s lock this thread and play on, there are some nice new heroes coming through the sea and beyond.

just my two Telluria’s

The mana debuff is a big problem, but if simply reduced it wouldn’t solve the problem although it would be a little better. The other factor that makes her so deadly is the amount of abuse she can take before going down, let me see if I can illustrate this.

I tried to revenge a team composed of Seshat +19, Vela +19, Telluria +19, Drake +19 and Mitsuko +19 all with max mana troops. I used Alberich with different heroes to try and revenge. In my first attempt I used Alby +16, Zimkitha, Anzogh, Marjana and G. Falcon +19. Have mana troops 23 to 24 in red and green and level 6 red crit troops and 2 level 5 mana troops. I had a great board to start full of red tiles enough to make 2 diamonds. I made a red diamond sending some red tiles into Telluria and set off the diamond sending a lot of tiles into Telluria that she survived, something no other hero in the game would have lived through aside of fighter revives. She set off her special that Zimkitha cleansed and because of the other specials I had to cleanse or risk loosing at least 2 heroes. I couldn’t cleanse Vela’s special on the next turn and it went downhill from there.

I tried 2 more times with Alby +16 , Ariel +16, Hel +15, Zim and Anzogh and I also tried Kage +18 and Domitia +9 in place of Zimkitha and Anzogh with level 17 crit and level 5 and 17 mana purple troops. You simply can’t kill Telluria before her special goes off and once the special goes off you have too much to overcome. Granted this is a top dog team, but any other tank and I would have won at least 1 of those fights and normally the first one with a great board should have been a victory even with several specials being set off in the same turn.

I raid and win frequently against max troops and heroes with emblems, just rarely when Telluria is the tank. The mana troops and mana talent combined with the difficulty in killing Telluria because of her resilince means her special will go off and you need cleanse in more than one hero/color with dispell being something very useful, but all that along with the right specials isn’t always easy to put together into 1 effective team.

1 Like

As I can see, most of the people want her nerfed except some of those who use her as a tank :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Those that care about the health and balance of the game want her adjusted with more people coming to this conclusion each day, what exactly should be done is the real debate. This is even more obvious than when Wu needed to be fixed. :crazy_face:

If mana debuff will be reduced, you can simple focus on flanks to kill and ignore Telly’s mediocre damage and dispellable heal.

Without mana slow she will be just a sturdy average healer. Annoying, but definitely not the best tank. So reducing it would be fine.

Agree, than killing Telluria +20 with Protect is difficult with tiles. But main problem is mana slow for me.

I use her everywhere and agree than slight nerf will be good, if it will not cripple her healer functionality.

You lost only because you didn’t keep your cleanse for vela which is the biggest threat against a red stack.

Honestly I don’t have a big bench and I’m not struggling against telluria. If telluria is not flanked by vela well that’s an easy win.
If vela is here I just don’t use any red and I still manage to win 90% of the time.

I really like facing telluria it is a new challenge but once you figured how to beat her well then she looks like any other good tank.

I believe people were used to win raids with no strategy and no brain now that they have to they complain. Your mistake is a good example to my point.

4 Likes

90%?

What kind of TP’s are we talking about here? I am intrigued by your statement. 90% means that you are turning around mediocre and poor boards and still winning. Especially if you are off color stacking. I am curious as to what TP level you get that 90% at and what heroes you are using.

1 Like

well, any alliance can require a crazy combo of heroes that would be hard to beat. Like an all wonderland alliance or all Atlantis family alliance with Ursena tanks. That is more an argument about a specific combo being OP vs a specific hero.

Don’t flaunt your 90% win rate or someone might offer you a spot on their alliance for you to back up your claim.:shushing_face:

2 Likes

I got hit with several specials including Vela’s and with low health I had to cleanse, enough tiles hit her again and with mana troops level 30 and mana generation from talents, fast heroes charge amazingly quick. I didn’t get enough red tiles or green to recover after she went off the second time almost immediatly, so I didn’t really have a choice, I needed to remove the dot and mana debuff. I wasn’t ready for Vela to go off again in 2 turns and I didn’t get the tiles I needed.

It’s easy to criticize and say I made the mistakes and that’s why I lost. The reason I lost is because I couldn’t kill her with tiles that would have been enough for anyone else and it took all the specials to kill her because of minions and the initial heal starts immediatly. So even though Telluria was out of the way Vela helped finish me off.

If it had been any other tank I would have killed it with no minions or healing and there would have been only 2 or 3 left in their team by the end of turn 2. Granted, I may have been able to win if the tiles had been there, but with a starting board like that the outcome should’ve been different.

Hey, @TheChef, your posts in this this thread caught my eye, though I only skimmed them (and obviously didn’t read a 2k post thread). If you have the energy for it, I’d really like to re-engage you on this topic. I hadn’t realize that Telluria had propagated so much in the top alliances; her being a requirement to join is downright frightening and is a big reason why I am re-evaluating my stance.

I have already made a preliminary dig into data on Telluria in raids. My conclusions were that she’s very powerful and extraordinarily so with Vela. I have also already said ITT that I favor not nerfing, but that SGG needs to realize and acknowledge this mistake. I agree with you - it is a power jump. And it is not over, as the inevitable Telluria counters that get released in the future must be even more powerful.

As I reflect and hear more I am increasingly inclined to the pro-nerf camp. You mentioned wars and how hard it is to beat a field of Tellurias, which is a situation I hadn’t considered. Would you view changing the war format as a viable solution? As far as I am aware, wars haven’t changed in the past year and a half. Would you view forcing opponents to set 3-4 defenses which come up sequentially upon revive as a viable solution?

Disclaimer about heroes owned in case it matters to anyone: I DO have Telluria, though parked at 3.70 and not necessarily next in line for tonics. I do NOT have Zim or Grazul. My alliance has NEVER faced all green tanks.

4 Likes

yea, i guess our point totals have dropped considerably since we started facing Telly tanks. I think for a raid defense, its fine. But in war when we have to face the same set up over and over it becomes hard. I also think the problem is that other top top tier tanks that are completely punishing with a bad board (Guin/Ursena) are still relatively rare. Not a HOTM, I think there are way more Tellurias out there than Guins. (that could also just be my bias of what i see.

Its still a fun challenge to overcome. Lets see what happens, its all still very new.

Okay, here are my defense stats after the first day with Alasie in place of Vela:

Cannot really make a first day comparison yet as I was not attacked nearly as many times.

1 Like

So Alasie in place of Vela result in win percentage drop from around 69% to 60%.

1 Like

Curious question related to your data. How many losses are total wipes with no defense members going down relative to that same question on any other or all other tanks?

1 Like

We face teams in war with Telluria and many of our alliance are able to win 6/6 flags.

In raids, I beat Telluria teams. With Vela, with grave, with drake, with… you name it. I am beating 4600+ emblem 19-20 teams. Do I also lose to them? Sure I do. So what?

And I beat them with 3900-4200 teams. Always at least one 4* on team, frequently two, sometimes three or more are 4* attackers.

And I don’t just use the same team every time. Or even close to the same team.

My experience, Telluria is very tough but very very beatable, even with 4*. And again, I am fighting Vela and GM flanks and everyone else who is “tough”.

I lose some, of course. But I don’t expect to win all.

And I think this is the core issue for the complainers. They expect to be able to win every fight and now they can’t because it got harder and they can’t handle it.

That doesn’t mean the game is broken. It means they have to grow again. Maybe a bit in their heroes (they probably need to level and emblem some 4* and not rely on their 5*) but probably also they need to grow in their technique for how they build a team and how they work a board of gems.

Get better, and Telluria is a strong challenge, but not a problem.

6 Likes