Nerfing Telluria (Mar 2020 HOTM) ---> POLL IN POST #2; [Staff Comment Post #1445 & #4422]

Ok so are you saying serviceable or good? Because Aegir and vivica I have both and I think they are pretty dang bad offensively but i only use Vivica as shes one of my few i ascended early which i regretted and aegiris just not good offensively and I don’t use him at all when I rather use an Ariel with the high heal and cleanse and mana buff.

9 tiles offensively still means that you’ll need a minimum of 3 matches, where a slow hero needs 4 which isn’t a stretch as she does so much when she fires. The issue is with the stats shes given she clearly needs to be re modified and should not be left the way that it is. and I’m even recommending an attack buff on top of it…

Alberich I also have, His mana generates like 8 percent per turn, that isn’t much at all which also can be dispelled. Where as tell gives that similar hp over time along with a damage to all and a minion that provides as another 18 percent health shield. Not sure how this is somehow worse unless I’m not understanding.

Also Tell has much more status effects than delilah who has none. Those two are not comparable. You are completely disregarding the -34% mana debuff along with damage across all.

1 Like

First of all, Alby is made of paper while Tell is made of iron.

Second, Alby’s skill makes it useless to place him on the tank. On wing he takes much longer to charge.

Third, Alby does not prevent enemies from casting spells, and in current game mechanics offense is only as useful as their ability to cast specials before the opponents do.

Fourth, Alby’s main perk is 33% chance while Tell is 100% all the time.

I could go on and and on about how these two heroes definitely do NOT compare on defense.

If you removed Telly’s damage and mana debuff then you could say she’s like Delilah. Otherwise, these two do not compare at all. Noone is scared of minions. People are scared of inability to cast spells.

4 Likes

Sorry but Tell isn’t simply good on offence. She is OP there aswell and any nerf should affect how she performs there too and in all honesty the most.

You say that the mana slow isn’t an important feature on offence? I stopped reading there…

I don’t even have her maxed yet and a 3/70 I can bring her in alliance war on my 6th team against 4.2 k teams with second rate 4*'s and still win. I went from 5 clears and a clean-up to 6 clears thanks to tell alone. In raids the only tank I fear is Tell because with MN and Tell as an off color tandem my team is practically unkillable and I can only imagine what it will be like when I actually max and emblem her. People complain about Tell, Vela on defence. Tell and MN on offence is basically an auto-win button. I can revive heroes with 2 minions and a HoT while the enemy mana is slowed. It is unfair how strong that combo is.

A hero that is as potent as tell at the tank position has no business on an offence team. It is all upside with no downside. She is the best defensive hero in the game, She is also an amazing offensive hero ( For me she is like n auto-win button, OP… ), Surely she must be worthless for titans? Nope crit buff and extra survivability.

If they nerf her, and I hope they do, they need to ensure she remains a top 100 viable tank first and I could care less about how she performs elsewhere. That is what she was designed for and her main goal. If that means that the nerf will make her decent to mediocre on offence then that is fine and to be honest no less than logical.

Never in a million years should your TOP tank be a first choice on offence. She should be servicable but other heroes should be better there if you have the roster depth :

• Ursena is good on offence but I would rather bring seshat, Sartana, Panther…
  • Kunchen is good on offence but I would rather bring my costumed rigard who gets to 9 tiles with a low mana troop.
  • Guin can be used as a healer on offence and mana control but I prefer Delilah for that role.

Etc, Etc.

The best tanks should be second choice on offence. You can’t have all the good with none of the bad…If you have Albe you should be wanting to bring him over tell. Otherwise there is something seriously wrong.

5 Likes

I compare them on offence. On offence Alby is clearly better.

I am not scared of Telly’s damage. She cannot even one-shot monsters on 7-4,which any AoE 4* do.

Let’ reduce this inability. I do not think than nerfing hero a whole is good. Let’s nerf OP aspect - mana slow.

For someone who do not have Ariel, Aegir is good for mono.

I disregard the damage, yes, because it is very small.
About mana debuff - I think than mana debuff should be nerfed, practically make Telluria more similar to Delilah.

A leyend says if a post reaches 3 k comments the hero has to be nerfed/buffed…

Keep going!!! :wink:

1.MN is THE BEST healer in game. Period. Tell is just give more survivability

It is important, for sure, but it just not fits the rest of Telluria’s features, I think. I see Telluria mostly as healer, who should good at bring survivability, not on debuffing enemy.

Mother North. As c2p I will never have her.

Let’ reduce her tankiness a bit.

Disagree. I would rather prefer universal hero (and a serviceable tank) than a one of the best tanks and nothing more.

But you’d agree though it adds up to an already buffed hero and I don’t get why it’s even there. You would see damage if a hero was a mediocre at what they already do, to kinda balance them up. But why damage here is a mystery.

Can’t tell, don’t have him. But I do take Telly on offense and when she fires, it’s usually a won raid. Alby is unemployed when noone dies.

That is where we agree. As others said, even without the mana debuff she would still be pretty decent tank. But it’s that debuff that makes her unique, it’s just way too effective now.

1 Like

Agree. I infact raised her to have a kind-of-mana-suppressor hero with counter nature instead of actual mana suppressing (as long as I don’t have any actual mana suppressor, including Proteus)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion so thanks for voicing in such a civil manner.

With Melendors Costume, MN, Albe, Heimdall, Ratatoskr, Tarlak,Lady of the lake all in the game and very limited Green tanks that are viable I disagree.

There are more healers in green than we need and less good tanks than we want. Before Tell there were less than 2% green tanks in the top 100. Vela and Tell were released to specifically fill that hole. To create a combination strong enough to make green tanks a thing where they weren’t before and break the yellow/purple tank dominance.

This game needs Tell to be a top tier tank more than it needs another green healer.

1 Like

I would rather have Heimdall as Top-100 green tank and Telluria as healer/backup tank for Heimdall.

All of these is way more difficult or impossible to obtain. C2P will stick on Melendor or C.Melendor then.

In almost same day as Telluria was released Heimdall, another A+ green tank. Heimdall with Vela roughly equal Telluria without Vela, which is good and not OP (But Telluria and Vela now is)

Out of curiousity I did a check verfication of you statement (only stopping after top20 because I have no time to check 100 players)… and while you are saing the Truth about Telluria you are fogotting to say

1. Vela is used in the same ratio. Almost all people using Telluria as Tanks has also Vela (I see only a player that used Telluria and not Vela in the top 20). So if number counts, than it should be a general think and not about one hero only
  2. Also there are heroes that are very highly used. For example GM users are - more or less (I did not make exact calcs, I took only an eye-shot) - 15 in total of 20.

So saying that Telly usage demonstrate the bug is not actually true, as long there are at least other 2 heroes that has a very similar stat usage.

That be saying I agree that Telluria needs a rethink. Also considering her usage on attack team, I would add. But probably other heroes will need a rethink in future.

3 Likes

I think people overestimate how good heimdall is. Telluria is significantly better in my opinion. That being said I do believe he has top 100 tank credentials but he is nowhere near Tellurias level. People look at Vela as part of the problem but before telluria was released nobody rated her. Just check the release and beta topics. you will see that I was one of the only people that was saying how good she was. Noone was impressed and now she is part of the problem? It is Tell, always has been.

I would love to see what happens if tell becomes worse than Heimdall to see how many people would run a Heimdall tank.

Main issue here is that there aren’t many good available green tank options to make it viable for Alliance war set-ups. Yunan and Heimdall are the only really top tier green tanks besides tell and they are too rare to make up an alliance war team. Elkanen is decent but I think he needs to be buffed before he becomes usable at a higher level. Telluria needs to a good tank, otherwise we will just revert back to purple and yellow dominance.

Costumed Melendor is a mini 5* hero to me. He is actually very, very good and for a F2P, C2P roster he is more than good enough to fill that healer role. Mel C, BT, Kiril, Rigard are all viable at the diamond level on offence in my experience.

Don’t get me wrong. I wish they would use HOTM’s to tailor to the needs of C2P and F2P in stead of the top level. That would be a million times better. I made a topic on the subject but noone seems to care. Reality is that C2P needs a top 100 viable tank in green and a 5* green healer but instead they released another sniper in kingston while green allready has Lianna, caedmon and Hansel and Tell which is OP. Tell should have been 2 heroes. One HOTM that functions only as a healer with the Heal over time and minion summon, perhaps as a cleric with less tanky stats and one that functions as a Paladin tank with mana slow and different secondary effects like for example a defensive buff/attack debuff.

In an ideal world I would like every color to have at least a S1 viable tank, a HOTM viable tank and an event/s2-3 top tank of which the S1 are the worst of the three and the event/s2-3 are the best. Each color should be used roughly 20% of the time and each of those three heroes should be used. The idea is that no one color and no one hero is dominant and any color can reach similar results at every level and as a result you will see a greater diversity on defence.

That should be the goal as that variety is what will keep people playing before getting bored.

2 Likes

This situation arose precisely after the release of Telluria. That is why it is precisely why it is in question.

You need to consider why certain heroes are being used.

Vela isn’t the issue. She is simply the beneficiary of Tell’s power. Tell is the best tank in the game and Vela is the best flank for a green tank in the game. Remove Tell and vela becomes far less usefull as demonstrated in the two months she was out without tell. Remove Vela and people will still use tell and simply use a different flank.

The issue is that Tell is so widespread that she has polarized the variety in all other positions around her. The more varied the tanks used are the more varied the other positions will be as each tank requires different flanks and wings to be optimal.

2 Likes

Agree in core, but do not agree on details.
Telluria need to be a good tank, but she should be slightly below or on par with Heimdall and Yunan, while being a good healer.

Yes, Telluria is better, but in my opinion, this is only mana slow did with her. So, let’s nerf it slightly.

I would like to see it too.

What about Elkanen with costume bonus?

Agree, but it is boring to have duplicates. C. Mel is good, but I do not want to level 3 of them. I think, HOTM option also should be for lucky c2p like me (Vela from 1st,JF from 10th, Telly from 15th).

Like this idea, but with variations. I think than S1 heroes should be universal in everything and not master in one niche, HOTM should be like this, but slightly better in 1-2 niches, but event heroes (s2/s3 also an event) should be masters in one niche, but worse than HOTM (maybe on par with S1) in other niches.

Maybe, but I prefer for healer to be a paladin too. And then I would be chasing for the healer only, I would run Sif or Richard as tanks.

Well this can be also related to the fact it is easier to get a HOTM than an event Hero, expecially for f2p players.
Infact the chance can be applied to several type of summons, and so can collecting and using several kind of coins.
At the moment, for example, I have spared 300+ valhalla coins, various challenges coins (don’t remember how many, but probably 10 calls), some epic hero coins and a bunch of keys. If I will use together for a single ero of the months I would have at least 20 rolls to catch an HOTM, while having only 3 chances of getting heimdall.

Yeah and this is the main issue. I think the game should be more fair to F2P and C2P players, probably letting chances (similar to TC20, or adding some heroes to TC20 list) to obtain some heroes for free.
The alchemy lab is another example of a very bad thing for f2p and c2p players… because of asking diamonds on a structure for a return of RANDOM (and probably undesired) result.

Yeah! That would be very cool idea.

I agree with it. I only meant that you can’t simply do statement only looking numbers. Because numbers can be read in various ways.

As I posted previously, there are still a huge number of Tellurias still being leveled up and soon the percentage will be ridiculous. Mine is very close to final ascension and Vela is ready and waiting. I don’t have GM or JF, but I’m sure I can find a hero to use out of the 14 hotm or many other 5* heroes that I have.

I still want the game to be balanced and I hope SG does something and soon as doing nothing is going to keep increasing the dissatisfaction among players especially in wars. Raiding is also going to keep increasing in frustration as players get tired of having to reroll multiple times just for a chance at filling their chests. Thank goodness for tournaments although I’m dreading the day 5* tournament allowing green rolls around, you will certainly hear about it. That might be what it takes though to really shake things up!

Uff, making her slow as I read here would really go from OP to UP if you look at most of the heroes being released.

I do have her and tank with her but if there has ever been a hero in need of a nerf it’s her. I guess it comes down mostly to how widely available she is, being a HOTM and not challenge or seasonal hero. I just think going to slow mana is too much as honestly the game seems to be straying further and further away from slow heroes every day.

As Rigs suggested, I think decreasing the mana debuff or potentially making hit 3 instead of all would already make enough difference to see some variation in defense teams.

Other idea would be to either remove completely her health regain OR limit the summoned minion to herself. At the moment, health regain + minion is really ridiculous.

I would take away her health regain - the minion would already fill that purpose and it wouldn’t be as frustrating even with slower mana gain.

Right now as soon as she goes off, even if you manage to work the board to make it nicer to you she’s back at full health by the time you are done AND has a minion to show for it + potentially being ready to fire again.

2 Likes

Hi Kian here. We tested this theory for a bit. We ran with our purple tanks (and we had a critical mass of Ursenas + Kunchen as you probably already know). We would face alliances with 20 Telluria tanks and it was a complete massacre. Not even close.

Literally, the best post here EVER!