Natalya’s Talent Grid - Attack stat effect on DOTs?

Her base attack value is 718. Her special is 700. From just that looks like her special equals 97.5% of er base attack value, which is how I got the 1003 damage for her special post m-upgrades.

2 Likes

Oh, that sounds about right.
Mine will forever be sat at level 1-13, and she does 312dmg off a 365 attack stat which is 85%, but her special skill isn’t levelled so I would think you’ve got a pretty accurate estimate.

I guess the reason why I don’t think the attack value will affect her SS at all is because she doesn’t benefit from +attack buffs, like from Boldtusk or Kiril.

The attack stat bumps are just that - inherent stat bumps; they aren’t not buffs. They actually change the number on the front of her card. Her special should scale up as you add attack stat talents.

1 Like

Her DoT damage stays the same correct?

No, Rigs, that was aforesaid above. DoT is always linked to the Attack stat (modified by troop). So her DoT (and all heroes’ DoT) rises whenever she gains +Attack on the Talent Tree.

3 Likes

But if that’s the case how come buffs to base stats don’t affect her DOTs?

Just wanted to make sure i was reading it right because it sounds dumb as :poop: in design.

Attack buffs increase attack stat but don’t increase DoT

Leveling up/class upgrading increases attack stat but does increase DoT

That sounds illogical af to me

Either increased attack stat raises DoT or it doesn’t

Why the need for the loopholes?

I know i may be solo in this way of thinking and I’m ok with that, just seeing if anyone else can think of reasonable logic behind all these “special situation” cases developers keep creating then creating work arounds for the “special situations” they themselves created

Seems like they make their job harder on themselves

1 Like

Does everyone realize that her DOT is an actual number (700) on the card and not a % of her attack stat? They would have to modify that printed number or the confusion level would be high.

1 Like

Can you post the card

The confusion is that it scales up as she levels up. Isn’t affected by stat buffs while in battle, but does get affected by troops and, from everyone is saying, direct +attack upgrades in the talent grid.

Yes, it is quite confusing… smh

1 Like

1 Like

This is with a troop equipped.

1 Like

Confusion IS high about DoT. Not a week goes by without someone saying, “my Azar/Colen/etc. is broken because the damage on my card doesn’t match the portal card!”.

So let me say it again:

DoT is linked to Attack stat. If Colen is < 4/70, the card damage is below the 4/70 level because the attack stat isn’t maxed. You can see this directly by taking a DoT hero into battle—you will see that the DoT is higher than the card value because of the troop +attack bonus.

7 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever paid attention to that troop enhanced number in battle. Thanks.

So then if the +attack talent is enabled from her talent tree, it will increase DOT, and if the talent grid is fully upgraded, deal 1003 damage to non-Nature enemies? The hell yes. Give me all the sorcerer emblems!

I don’t recall the exact number, but, yes, it really cranks. Gravemaker does insane damage. Azlar is absolutely lethal.

Now all I’m curious about is how often the Class Quest will come around and if they will be on a regular cycle… but that’s a topic for a different thread lol

Class quests 2 days a week

Rotation is yet to be figured out or announced unless i missed it

Easiest way to remember is that it does go up with the attack stat, but only the stat going into battle (i.e level of hero, and equipping troops). Any temp changes during battle are ignored.
It applies to Natalya, Lady Locke, Sartanas lingering poison, Morgan, Nashgar, Colen, Yunan anyone who has DoT in any form applied to their special.

4 Likes