[MASTER] War mismatch - 136k vs. 108k war score (and other similar mismatches from other alliances)

Is this for real?

How can this war happen?

2 Likes

Princess, I hadn’t seen that one. Posted there briefly.

1 Like

yeah it is way tooo much

1 Like

War is going to feel like kicking an old lady down a flight of stairs.

I am a alliance member of 성격매우급함 who is your war opponent.

We think it is a missed match.

there is 70000 alliance point difference between us.

We know we will lose it is obvious.

But that is not our defeat, that is small giants.

Hope rematching will be, before war start.

1 Like

So on Monday when the war is over, the SG classic will apologize and that will be all … Their indifference kills this game. They can’t fix any of their mistakes … Pure amateurism.

3 Likes

Having every needed skill available 24/7 or even on-call duty costs a hell lot of money and is most of the time not needed.

SG seems to have an on-call duty for prio1 incidents tho as they react at critical errors.
Imo that‘s okay.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say that’s an accurate assessment.

They have members of Support working over the weekends, and there are on-call Developers for emergency outages.

But issues like this typically require investigation by multiple members of the Development team, and they mostly work a normal Monday through Friday schedule.

Again, they have multiple people on duty 24/7.

The fact that those people can’t necessarily resolve an issue immediately isn’t a failure of having no one on duty, it’s a function of needing more of the full team to address significant issues.

You can make the case that they should be more willing to pull off-duty team members in to address issues over the weekend, but I don’t think it’s accurate to describe the current situation as abandoning the game over the weekend.

5 Likes

We haven’t seen any screenshots of the battlefield yet - are we sure this isn’t an issue of folks opting out, having weak heroes beyond their defense teams, etc?

2 Likes

I’m in a top 10 alli and should be fighting someone in the top 25 at worse but we paired with an alli that has never faced a top 100 opponent so yes there is a problem this weekend.

1 Like

You mentioned your alliance was new on July 6. I take it your war score is already top 10?

My last war, my alliance’s war score was over 25,000 and our opponent was below 21,000.

Yes, yes, low numbers. Small 9 v. 9 wars, most of my warring players are low levels, k? Don’t judge.

I found it extremely odd that our opponent was so much lower than us. Checked their team: yup, strong teams. Lots of zombie accounts, so I figured maybe somebody had opted out. Usually our war scores are only +/- 500 points of each other, this was a nearly 5000 point difference. I assumed they must have had a member leave or opt out at the last minute. Otherwise, it wouldn’t make any sense.

Well… as it turns out, all 9 of theirs had opted in. And they were mostly all higher levels than us.

I was confused. “Why their war score so much lower than ours?”

Answer became obvious eventually. They used some flags in first half. Barely used any at all in second half.

We won by about a 3000 point margin.

Very strange, because they had what appeared to be strong teams. But they never put them all to use. They left 20+ flags unused.

:thinking:

Heck if I know.

I don’t understand how such powerful teams were ranked so low.
I don’t understand how we were paired up against an alliance that was so lowly ranked.
I don’t understand why they didn’t even try to win.

Obviously their lack of will explains their horribly low score. But it doesn’t explain how we got matched up against them. Unless it was some kind of SG experiment to see what happens when you mix things up and completely take “war history” out of the equation. In which case, the results are pretty clear. A weaker alliance that tries their best will always beat a stronger alliance that doesn’t appear to give a single duck.

But I could have told them that already.

The fact that my alliance smacked them so hard, in spite of them having seemingly stronger teams overall, just means that they would get absolutely destroyed 10 times out of 10 if they were forced to fight at their own level without taking win/loss history into account.

Part of me is hoping that they actually do drop war win history from the war matchmaking algorithm altogether, and base it all strictly on team power. If they do that? My alliance will win almost every single time.

1 Like

Mistake made. Lesson learned.

1 Like

Gonna give you a like on this for sure, regarding the customer service aspect. A company as wealthy as they are, that has plenty of time to waste developing things like Boblin Galloons and Cavern of Horrors, etc., with lots of regular customers who for gosh-knows-why whatever reason are throwing hundreds of dollars a month at them, and they can’t take some time out of their day to address actual issues?

That being said, please don’t direct any hate towards my dude @zephyr1

It’s my understanding that he “works” for free and he’s mostly just here to keep the peace on the forum, he has nothing to do with developer or game stuffs.

4 Likes

Same here… and it is not our first time

1 Like

We have a war score difference of over 24000. No comment

1 Like

Hey @Rilf
Hahaha
Yap. Just show us some mercy and compassion.
I can guess what kind of jokes you guys are talking.
I think some joke could be opposite with us like how many times to get 0 point . Haha
Anyhow we will have fun with this matching~~
But I don’t want to meet you again in the future.

3 Likes