[MASTER] War mismatch - 136k vs. 108k war score (and other similar mismatches from other alliances)

As do I. I like zephy, he’s good people. :slightly_smiling_face:

Is a shame that he gets stuck having to deal with people like us.

Like, how dare we criticize a product that many of us have actually contributed money towards!

And even those of us who haven’t… if they’re going to try to pass it off as a “F2P” game, that means they also have to listen to complaints from F2P customers, amirite?

There are hundreds of legitimate game complaints posted on this forum all the time. How many of them actually ever get addressed? Compared to… how often does some “SG White Knight” come in with the world’s smallest violin to sing a song of the plight of the poor underprivileged tiny giants (and their 500 million dollar net worth)?

Uh oh… now I’m on “flag radar” again for pointing that out…

Better post something “on topic” for an alibi. War matchmaking really does seem to be screwed up! They need to be more transparent in how they calculate those numbers and how they determine matchups!

That’s my alibi. I said something on topic. If I get flagged on this post, I’m calling for a full trial by jury. And that means a jury of my peers, not a jury of my jeers. I get enough of that already around here as it is.

3 Likes

This is likely a consequence of changing the war matchmaking algorithm and not testing the outcome.

Time and time again, changes are made and released without assessing subsequent ramifications.

I don’t believe this is a question of support, or working 24/7. This is a question of getting the job done correctly pre-release.

6 Likes

Is this war or massacre

1 Like

Hello, we are looking into this. My apologies for the issue!

9 Likes

I have a theory… I could be completely wrong here, but one of the devs themselves said that they were “looking into” the matchmaking issue…

I have a theory… that they are currently using active alliances as “test subjects AKA guinea pigs” in an experimental type thingy to figure out whether or not their matchmaking system is broken.

Based on the fact that most of my alliance wars are usually against teams that are within a few hundred war score points of our own, compared to our last war where our score was nearly 5000 points higher than our opponents…

A difference of 5000 might not sound significant if your alliance has a war score over 100k.

But I :poop: you not. My alliance’s last war: my alliance was over 25k score. Our opponent was (IIRC) below 21k. That’s like… a 20% difference. In a 9 v. 9 war. That’s absolutely absurd. I thought for sure something was broken, someone on the other team had opted out, etc.

Nope, they put up 9 teams against our 9. And their teams looked fairly intimidating! On paper at least.

We fought hard. They… stood around picking their noses and staring at the sun.

We beat them something like 5500 to 2500.

4eq253

EDIT: well I’ll be danged. Someone done gone and summoned a real life dev.

I think I go hide now before I get myself into trouble. :zipper_mouth_face:

I’m in the Avengers, we’ve faced, Aggressive, 7dd and Kob4er in 3 of the last 4 wars

1 Like

To be honest, none.
Most are just upset about this mismatch as it is completely unfair and making fun of you because you clearly are not on our level (no offense) would be rude.

On the other hand we will not go with another def, you‘ll get what you deserve and that is our best, like everyone else we face.

I really hope neither you nor any other gets this mismatched again.

2 Likes

Well, the Small Giant Staff have now confirmed that they’re working on it.

So I’d say the system for reporting issues over the weekend worked fine…

• Bug was reported

• I reached out to our contacts

• Issue was escalated

• Small Giant is on it

I think it’s unreasonable to expect issues will always be resolved over the weekend.

To me, it’s sufficient that they’re on top of investigating and figuring out what can be done.

In this particular case, barring cancelling the War (unlikely), I don’t see that there’s any solution to put in place before the next War anyway.

12 Likes

Hello, it would be good to solve it until the war starts, because it doesn’t even make sense to play the war. well thank you

Purchasing has broken at least two or three times that I can recall…and it wasn’t fixed in hours, or even the same day in at least one of the cases.

Maybe I’m more forgiving because I’ve worked as a software developer professionally for a number of years, but my expectations of the fixability of software that involves a multitude of servers, client apps, and third-party vendors and libraries are that many issues can’t be resolved immediately, regardless of developer resources thrown at them.

:man_shrugging: They’re working on this issue, so to me, that’s the point of all of this.

Now that — I would definitely believe.

7 Likes

@zephyr1 just wanted to say thank you. I miss your presence on the forums but really appreciate your level head and willingness to reach out to staff when needed.

Be well.

8 Likes

Not at all.:sweat_smile::sweat_smile: I know how good you are and how different level between us.
I don’t want you guys do a sloppy play. So thank you to play fairly with us.:kissing_heart:
It will be a heart break to know the result, which we will be crushed badly, but we also will do our best to the end. Cheers!!!

2 Likes

You should read @TGW’s post above - just because the war is mismatched, doesn’t mean the winner is clear from the beginning.

Also, we still aren’t clear this is a bug.

what? they are 70000 point higher than us and 29 vs 30?

5 Likes

It’s not impossible, even in a 30v30 matchup, that someone(s) from your team opted out after war matching if they wanted to sit out next war? So that teams were matched fairly for whoever opted in THAT war, but war scores after the fact appear distorted.

Now with this many cases and these alliances where I doubt people are sitting out (and you guys can even vouch firsthand no one opted out for next war if you’re the ones with the lower score), and with this wide of a gap where MANY people would need to be opting out, I doubt that’s the problem.

2 Likes

Horrendously bad mismatch for us. So bad that they reset us in 30 minutes. Unbelievable. All but 3 of 24 attacks were 1-shots.

1 Like

End of the day there is no way sgg can change the war for everyone at the stage it was at.
It’s good that sgg have realised there is a problem. Thank you zephyr1 your awesome.
For me I’m gonna F up the alliance I’m against take My best do my best. My alliance will do the same. Sorry bout your damn luck \m/

1 Like

Same here…

Btw: why someone can still use unleveled 1* when his bench have 3* & 4* heros?

:triumph:

I feel you. Sometimes the mismatch is just beyond imagination

@Ysabella on your 2nd question that’s a dummy or flag steeler. Don’t hit it till flipping the board. U won’t get many points for it and u’ll use 1 flag

2 Likes