[MASTER] Remove/ Get Rid of Season 1 (S1 / Vanilla) heroes from {X} summons portal

So I’ve been playing this game for about 16 months now and I agree that summons need to be tweaked. I’ve never liked that I can spend event/alantis/valhalla tokens in a summon and get a season 1 hero instead of a hero specific to that summon. Whether you acquire tokens by buying them or saving them up from chest rewards or campaign areas, I believe you should be rewarded with a hero specific to that summon.

There are plenty enough unique hero’s in the S2/S3 summons that you can pull out the option to get S1 hero’s and adjust drop rates on the remaining hero’s to compensate. i’m not sure how many event hero’s there could be for a specific event but the change there would be to increase the number of tokens needed for a summon if there aren’t a lot of hero’s in the pool, while still eliminating the S1 hero’s.

If SG’s concern is money flow with these kinds of changes, I’ll say this: I’d be persuaded to spend money on summon tokens if it meant I’d actually get a hero specific to that summon. I spent money on a full goblin balloon once that had 30 event tokens from a legendary chest (idr what else there was) and when I had the chance to use said tokens, with the other ones I had saved up, i got 4 S1 3s and 1 event 3. I’ve learned my lesson since then and I will adamantly refuse to spend money on anything summon related because of the low chance of getting anything other than an S1 hero.

2 Likes

Yup. Very relevant point.

1 Like

Why don’t they just replace the season 1 heroes with season 2 heroes in all these portals? Hasn’t it been long enough? They could leave the odds the same but just put in season 2 3*, 4* and 5* heroes.

1 Like

I agree with Kevin - where are You going E&P? It’s been 3 years since F2P players were having similar chances to paying ones because training camps could deliver 5* heroes of season that others got by tokens buying. Today You are doing nothing to prevent the growing split between F2P and paying players with some people still missing a S1 optimized defense team while others having Frigg, Finley, Odin, Rabbit and a Ninja on the team. How the hell are You going to beat that as F2P?

My request:

1. Add a chance of a 5* summon on a normal token? (of course smaller than epic token)
  2. Fix summoning portals to involve ONLY event heroes.

Today You are dividing the society and You are going to lose people when they notice how biased game is becoming and it is no fun getting beaten all the time (I know a F2P I will have smaller chances but today they are being further and further diminished with every improvement of Your ingame policy).

To build academy - You need 2 years
Training camps - still deliver only season 1 heroes (with a small chance as well).

NORMAL player base is much behind the story. And maybe we are crowd but it is often these F2P players who drive the storytelling and chats discussions. DO NOT ignore our voice please.

I repeat:

1. Add a chance of a 5* summon on a normal token? (of course smaller than epic token)
2 Likes

Best solution I can come up with this problem is getting rid of the costume portal and making available the costumes for every other portal. This way even if you pull a duplicate s1 hero, at least you would get the costume with it.

4 Likes

I took advantage of Valhalla Forever to complete the Hard mode and yesterday I got the 500 coins as rewards. I was lucky to get 2 5* but I pulled Azlar and Kadilen…that’s ridiculous…

3 Likes

I will be raising this topic until You Guys at least reply. People are getting frustrated because of getting more and more far away from season 1 to season 3 and now season 4 is coming.

Dear SG,

It’s time.

And it has been suggested so many times already.

You’re rolling out S4 this month. Yet we still have only S1 heroes in epic hero summons in portals and TC20. Its time to get rid of S2 portal and add it to epic hero summons portal. No one should ever pull from standard epic summons portal anyway so why not make it more appealing?
Now that S4 is coming out, you must have plans for S5 which needs to take S2 Atlantis summons place (at latest) because calendar is stuffed already. Not that I would like to wait for another year.
And from there on, when S6 is rolled out, add S3 to epic hero summons.

We want more chances to get something else than 6th Obakan and 7th Thorne in our rosters.

4 Likes

With this topic a core balance is needed for the player base. New S4 summons I pulled a single 5 star, thorne (duplicate), this is annoying purely because the odds were 0.9% so that is apparently rarer than me pulling a new S4 5 star (at 1%).
As a long term player I don’t mind so much the 3/4 star S1 heroes still being there, would prefer trainer heroes but hey ho. For new players, this seems unnecessary given the many different ways to pull a S1 5 star hero.
At this stage, by all means, keep the S1 3/4 stars in summons, just take out the 5 stars at least please.

3 Likes

Well the Atlantis heroes Valhalla heroes HOTMS do not need to be in there. Only old event heroes. The events from season 1 minus seasonal events. So only the heroes from s1 cancelled events. So 48 in a portal. You have about that if not more now. And how would the % change? Would still be the same just a different portal.

…or
You may put them to the “basic” summon
(daily summon) portal which is only for common/uncommon/rare heroes and decrease the appearance rate…

When purchasing heroes from a category, like Atlantis, Springvale, Underwild, etc., have the heroes only in that category. If I’m hoping for a Phineas Fogg, for example, I am not looking to spend tokens in the Underwild category to have a chance at getting a 6th Kadilen.

When using gems for 10 heroes at a time, guarantee at least one 4*.

When using gems for 30 heroes at a time, guarantee at least one 5*.

I think your users will be more likely to part with their money if they can guarantee not getting 30 3* heroes after spending 8400 gems and getting heroes from the category they are in.

3 Likes

I guess the mods decided my post was too similar to this one. I thought they would have merged it, but I guess they figured there’s no point, seeing as how this has been a sore subject for a couple years now. I suppose if they were going to do anything about it, they would have, by now. So, I guess lumping it all in one place, only to be ignored, or even just deleting posts, altogether, is all the same.

I see a lot of frustration over this matter. It makes me wonder how many of the players that have posted to this thread have left the game.

Case in point: 5* heroes are what people spend money for. We should not be dumping money into a S3 or S4 summons and drawing S1 5* heroes that we already have.

Easy fix. Leave the drop rates the same. We’ve stuck around this long with them being this way. I don’t think the drop rates are that big of a problem. Just remove classic heroes from Valhalla and Underwild summons portals.

Atlantis…S1 and S2 heroes.
Valhalla…S2 and S3 heroes.
underwild…S3 and S4 heroes.

I suppose you could remove S1 heroes from the pool for event summons, too, but I think you guys better do something, soon. I’ve been playing since nearly the beginning. I still spend several hundred a month (down from over a grand, due to this very matter). My next move is to go, strictly F2P, which will eventually lead to me being done with the game.

And from the looks of it, there’s a lot of players already leaving and a bunch more ready to go.

You had a great game. You can easily fix it.

3 Likes

I am happy i can get S1 heroes in the other portals , they are bonus instead make summons in S1 portal. That is very good for new players.

There are plenty of places for you to land S1 5* heroes. Epic hero summons, Elemental summons, and TC20 are available to you each and every day, until an event rolls around, then S1 heroes are included in the event summons.

I don’t care if they leave S1 heroes in the event summons and the Seasonal summons, but they need to take them out of, at the very least, the Valhalla and Underwild summons.

The game has always been a money sucking scheme, but it’s gotten past the point where even average spenders can honestly say they’re getting their money’s worth.

2 Likes

If they did that, more than likely, the only portal that would have any pulls would be for S4, and a few for S3. Id rather see them get rid of them completely and give an little extra boost on the odds. Heck, even an +.03 for that event would be much better

I don’t understand how my suggestion creates a problem for anyone. New players still have plenty of options for S1 heroes in Epic hero summons, Elemental summons, event and seasonal summons, and in Atlantis summons.

Players who have been around a while will focus their efforts and money where their deficits are.

For example. I have all but one classic 5*. I haven’t made a single pull from Epic hero summons or Elemental summons in more than a year…maybe two years.

I’ll spend on Atlantis summons for the chance at past HOTM and a few other 5’s that I don’t have. I accept that there are S1 heroes included and the risk of pulling a duplicate.

However, my focus has been on my deficits, which means that I summons A LOT more from Ninja Tower, Valhalla, and Underwild.

Nothing is going to cause me to sink money into Epic hero summons or Elemental summons, and I’m also very unlikely to spend more than a 10 pull (maybe two) in Atlantis.

I can’t spend any more than I already do, so I choose to spend where it most makes sense. If they don’t remove S1 heroes from Valhalla and Underwild, the only thing that will happen is I will eventually (soon) decide that it doesn’t make sense to spend in those areas, either.

Case in point: I actually did extremely well during this last cycle of Valhalla Forever. Out of 40-50 pulls, I landed three 5* heroes and far more 4* heroes than one should reasonably expect. The problem is, none of them were new to me and the 5’s were all S1 duplicates.

Why would someone like me keep spending money if even a good turnout brings nothing new?

2 Likes

think about it, if they did that, why would you even use gems for S2 portals??? I sure as heck wouldnt. I’d wait the S3 portal and honestly, Id only pull from the S4 portal if they did what you asked. the S1 and 2 heroes are lagging behind S3 and 4 by alot

They should just get rid of the S1 heroes completely in all the portals

I already focus very little to no attention on those earlier portals. With my suggestion, the heo pool wouldn’t be any more shallow or any deeper than it is, now. The odds wouldn’t need to change. The only thing that would change is, seasoned players, like myself, who have already spent a better than fair amount to acquire a roster that, up until recently, competed very well, would have the incentive to keep spending due to having more of the heroes they don’t have available, AND they can choose to not spend in the portals that draw only S1 and S2 heroes.

My question to anyone who thinks my idea is not balanced and fair is this…

…What incentive do I have to continue spending money when my chances of landing new players is getting less? And while that’s happening, the game is growing at a pace that has already knocked me back a step or two. If I can’t justify spending more and all I’m going to pull are S1 heroes, why keep spending?

1 Like

I don’t spend gems on the S2 portal for just that reason. There are some S2 hero’s i would like, mitsuko, misandra, ursena, ariel, but the chance is low, and it would depend on who past HOTM are. The change of getting S1, and that while S2, and past HOTM are decent, they are starting to be less relevant and useful many of the Valhalla, Underwild, Ninjas, then the new challenge events like the starfall circus (the league of villain’s heros seems to have fallen a bit short, but the stats/specials of starfall are nutty).

I’ve gotten to point i haven’t and don’t plan on spending gems for challenge events either, unless it’s a new one. The hero’s (at least most of them) from grimforest and pirates aren’t woeth the asc mats. The heros (again, at least most of them) from avalon, teltoc & wonderland are still pretty sweet, but the power creep of new hero’s has me holding gems for new events.

If they increased the odds for older events maybe 2.5% chance and no S1, or rebalanced with no S1 but past HOTM available as other portion, it may entice more gems to be spent. S1 hero’s are mostly obsolete, even in the new raid formations there is prob 1 from each color that may be useful, joon, sartana, magni, marjana, liana, all snipers, but none of them are scary to go against, or envoke a “oh, that was a sweet pull!”

3 Likes