[MASTER] Remove/ Get Rid of Season 1 (S1 / Vanilla) heroes from {X} summons portal

The devs gotta do something. I’m no whale, but three or four of me equals a whale…and there’s lots of players that spend like I do who are leaving.

I’ve already decided that I’m leaving my alliance after this war. I’m not sure what I’m going to do, but I need to cut this frustration out of my life. This isn’t “rage quitting”. I have seen this day coming for quite a while. If anything, I’m holding on, trying to find a reason to keep playing. But all the normal, little frustrations that come with this game, combined with near zero return on the money spent, it’s becoming harder to stomach.

I don’t know if it’ll be days or weeks, but I really don’t see me playing this game with any seriousness much longer, unless something is done about this problem. Honest to God, I’d rather that I never pull another 5* hero again, than to keep pulling S1 5* heroes. They’re useless to me and it’s not worth paying good money and never landing what I seek.

2 Likes

perhaps it would be a utopia.
Since there are so many heroes now.
and easy to improve the portal system:
S2 portal
heroes S1 and S2
S3 portal
heroes S2 and S3
S4 portal
all heroes except S1

it’s not that they cheat on money so I think …

3 Likes

I’d be pleased with that.

Well, I would be happy with that but the problem is nobody would pull out of S2 portal. I don’t think SG would be happy with that :grinning:

s2 portal would be for newer players, with no access to Valhalla.

1 Like

It depends…
new players would use all portals the same.

well I am a P2P player not yet all heroes.
so it would be convenient to plan with and spend your badget game at best …

I’ve been playing since a few months after the game was released. There are still seven 5* heroes from Atlantis that I don’t have. I would still draw from the AR portal. In fact, I do. Just not as much as I’d like to because I need to save gems for S3 and S4 (as well as ninjas) because the game has developed in such a manner that those heroes are more valuable to a players progress.

See, SG/Zynga is screwing themselves. I might be ok with spending $400-500/mo. But I’m probably only spending $100-200 because I don’t spread it out, anymore. And, instead of dumping the whole $400-500 in S3 and S4, I get frustrated after two or three 10x pulls, especially if/when I pull a S1 5*, and just stop trying.

Case in point…It’s likely temporary, but I’m determined to not do any more than one 10x from S3 or S4 portals until they remove S1 heroes from them. I say it’s likely temporary because it’s just as likely that I quit as it is that I pull more than my current limit.

Either way, I’m done spending the way I used to until they come up with a legitimate answer to this problem.

1 Like

Thirty chances from ten different sources. Thirty shots at drawing a classic 5*. Not a chance.

Perfect example of a deal that I’d purchase without hesitation, if they’d leave S1 heroes in the S1 and S2 portals.

I can’t be the only one that has drastically (and intentionally) cut spending because of this stupidity.

edit…It’s early. Only 24 chances to draw a classic 5. Haha

I agree completely. Summons are fun even though they typically never have great rewards. Months ago I would’ve bought this deal in a second. Besides, the strangle hold on 4* mats leaves so many 5* just sitting on the bench. It’s absurd.

However, they’ve made it perfectly clear from the Q&A that nothing will change in their summon portals or what heroes you can draw from TC20. My patience has run out.

And for anyone who thinks it’s okay to snuff out a large portion of your customer base: stay tuned. This is an example of what not to do. Yes, there’s different business models one can adopt to make profit, but you’ll see soon enough what happens to a business when they take this stance. The game will slowly putter out while catering only to the whales, meanwhile players will flock from the game in droves and the business will do nothing to address it while doubling down on broken theories or unrealistic goals from Zynga. Instead, hire some real analysts and let them draw patterns, don’t discount beta users feedback, and listen to your most enthusiastic/engaged fans as they’re the ones that become brand ambassadors.

Empires and puzzles books did a good YouTube video on the purported attrition rate just recently. I’d suggest everyone take a look there and reassess your commitment and spending to the game moving forward.

2 Likes

Excellent response. I just hope everyone that leaves remembers that SGG and Zynga can not be trusted to maintain a fair balance in any of their games.

Unless things change, I know that I’ll never play another game created by these folks, again.

1 Like

This is actually a great example of why I want to quit.

I have awesome heroes…and the massive dents in my wallet will prove it. But I can’t build that team. I have the Professor. That’s it. I tried extensively for Fin and also for Frigg. I’m still focusing/spending a lot to try for the S4 heroes. I dumped more than $100 this last round, just trying for Hannah.

I can’t buy either of those four heroes, but there are so many players that can put this near unbeatable team together?!

So…how much more would I need to spend, just to land two of these four that I can’t land? How much more, on top of the thousands I’ve already spent?

And if purchasing heroes isn’t the biggest problem, the thing that annoys me the most is…even with an awesome roster…even after spending enough cash to purchase a new car, outright…I suddenly find that I can’t compete with these players.

The game didn’t used to be this way. You didn’t have to have the best to beat the best. And you didn’t have to spend $200-300 bucks before landing a new hero.

The game has changed. And the only ones still enjoying it the way that I used to are the ones that have unlimited expendable income.

It’s sad.

It used to be a superior game.

2 Likes

Devs only care about getting your money. They will never remove S1 heroes from event pulls. That’s one reason I no longer give them my $. Greed.

3 Likes

So…I’ve decreased my spending by A LOT. Without looking, I’m guessing that I have spent 10-20% of what I used to the last couple months.

The good news is…my whole attitude has changed. I don’t care enough to get upset about what I pull, or more appropriately, what I don’t pull. The truth is, I have so many heroes to max, adding any more would only increase the workload and my time in game.

The bad news is…I haven’t pulled any new ninjas, s3, or s4 heroes during that span. But I’ve pulled three s1 heroes. Haha

This just further proves that the people leaving the game and my spending decrease is well warranted.

My plan is to keep playing, without spending any more than I do, now, until I have all of my heroes maxed. That should give the developers several months to figure out a way to create some hope and keep the non-whale vets of the game interested.

So far, I still think the devs have completely ruined a good game, simply by keeping s1 heroes in the pool for s3 and s4 portals. There’s just no point in making those pulls, just to land a dupe.

Question for the moderators…

One of you merged my original thread into this one. While I do understand the desire for organization, my topic was, in my opinion, unique enough to stand alone.

My complaint is s1 heroes being included in the pools for s3 and s4 portals. I do not have a complaint regarding special event summons and/or seasonal summons portals.

Given that likeminded individuals will support the threads and posts that they agree with, thus providing insight for the devs to see which matters they’re players are most interested in, isn’t it a bit counterproductive to lump unique matters into one watered down, general topic thread?

1 Like

Short answer? No.

If we left every thread that was slightly different from a master thread, there would literally be dozens, if not hundreds, of threads on a same topic.

Besides, the point on this subject is pretty moot. Devs said in their latest AMA that vanilla heroes formed the basis of their portal design and they had no plans to change this into the future.

2 Likes

I’m not quite grasping some of the language, so let me be sure that I understand.

Vanilla heroes = classic or s1 heroes?

Also, Idk what “AMA” is, but I’m assuming it’s some form of official announcement.

So, if I’m understanding you, the devs have stated that, because they initially intended it this way, they refuse to adjust.

I’m glad the world, or even people in general, doesn’t operate with such rigidity. Heck, we’d all still be soiling ourselves. Haha

While this is not good news, I think it does still support my challenge to combining threads under a very general topic heading.

Everyone has different concerns. Some more rational/reasonable than others. Reading through this entire thread has made me chuckle a few times at the absurdity of some of the suggestions. Likewise, I’m sure some think my suggestions are unworthy of consideration…if they ever even stumble upon them in this massive thread.

I’m not trying to be critical of the job you folks do. Just suggesting that there might be a happy medium between “hundreds” of similar threads and “one”.

That said, the devs have spoken and, yet again, show their loyal players/spenders that they’re really not too interested in their concerns.

Shame.

Yup, vanilla = season one heroes (basic ones)

Ama = ask me anything. Really their latest one wasn’t so much and AMA and more a QA post. Can read it here: Q&A with Game Designers - Spring 2021 Edition (Answers) - "Ask Me Anything" AMA transcript

2 Likes

Good read. Pretty informative. There’s a lot there that I couldn’t quite follow, but that’s likely because there’s really very little that I’m unsatisfied with in the game. Most of the frustrating elements are filed under “necessary evils”, for me.

I’ve said it, many times. It’s been a great game. I’m just finding myself with more and more “buyers remorse” as developments are introduced at a pace that is more rapid than the improvement of my roster.

I’ll never be one of the whales that can spend thousands a month, but I’ve spent more than a grand a month on more than one occasion and I spent several hundred almost regularly, until I noticed that I was only wasting my money on duplicate S1 heroes.

If the devs truly believe that losing players like myself “would be a shame”, this one issue has to be addressed. I’ve taken both of my accounts (P2P and C2P) out of alliances and am just going through the motions, hoping for some kind of resolution to this problem.

I won’t tread water forever.

Thanks for the link.

1 Like

In my opinion, this is the best change to the game that still hasn’t been implemented as it benefits everybody, new and old players. New players don’t benefit from outdated heroes and old players get new heroes instead of dupes of all the S1 heroes they already have. S1 heroes are garbage and people pull from new portals because they are excited to get new heroes…nothing bums them out more than getting Joon from an S4 portal. We’ve all been there unfortunately.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go as far as saying s1 heroes are garbage. I still use MANY of them, regularly. However, even with costumes and emblems, they still lack in comparison to the highly sought after s3, s4, and ninja heroes.

Ya know. Just the ones that a 4yr. player that won’t spend a grand a month can’t pull because, on the rare occasion that he does pull a 5*, it’s a s1 hero.

It’s definitely a matter that needs addressed. The Q&A mentioned above seems to suggest there may be some kind of attention being paid to this matter, but I’m not getting my hopes up.