šŸŒŒ [MASTER] Contest of Elements - FAQs, Team Discussion, Portal Stats & Summons!

when I thought that the game could not surprise me with the level of lousy events, this one comes out where you need 25 yellow to finish it without losing any level ā€¦AN EMPIRES FRIEND who wants more every day that his players uninstall the game

19 Likes

They seem to have toned down the enemy HP, so carpet bombing should hopefully work a little longer than expected.

Letā€™s do some math: if I counted right there are 13 3* available in the portal (every hero except S1 costumes and Rekhetre).
Kalgā€™s note: to me the partially useful would be Pixie and Sally, thatā€™s 15.4% of the 3* pool, or 11% of the total.
In the 4* there are 14 heroes available (excluded heroes are Bellerive, Scoratek and ofc the S1 costumes).
Kalgā€™s note: Iā€™d be happy with 4 of those (Anastasia, Dā€™Andre, Gullimbursti, Wang Yuanji) and ok-ish with a dupe Woolerton, letā€™s say 5 out of 14, or 35.7% of the 4* pool, or 9.2% of the total.
Iā€™m not doing math in the 5* zone as weā€™re flooded with these, Iā€™d mostly level any 2+ year old legendary hero, buth chanches are real low.

Summing up, if Iā€™d pull here (for an increased price, mind you) Iā€™ve about 21% of being happy, and 79% of being very unhappy.

I writed this to give an insight to players, highligthing the pros and cons of the pulls.
I wish everyone good luck if you decide to pull, but please be aware of what youā€™re doing, and if you decide to spend to refill gems be aware of the cost and the outcomes.

5 Likes

Good luck everyoneā€¦@5 waves each of the 10 stages ā€¦hmm well I failed level 1 putting me behind the 8ball right out of the gate :open_mouth:ā€¦suggested tp my ***
So what is that you say? Poor planning on my part? Inadequate team building skills? Perhaps what you say it is true but I am at best just an average player and it is a game.
Remember to enjoy the challenge!

2 Likes

Letā€™s see, whatā€™s the TP of my strongest five yellow heroes, regardless of abilities?

Iā€™m not sure that double items is going to make the difference vs the 5400 TP suggestion, assuming that I even get to actually use my best five yellow heroes at the end.

The problem here isnā€™t only depth of roster, itā€™s having five fairly ridonkulous-powered heroes of a single color to close as well.

3 Likes

This has gotta be the dumbest thing SG has released.

18 Likes

I beat two first stages with this team:
Rekhetre 1/1 - Gan Ju 3/50 - Arman 3/50 - Bane 3/50 - Justice 3/70.
I took healing potions, antidotes, bombs and mana potions.
In 2nd stage a boss one hit my Rekhetre (lol) and I had to lower attack of mobs every wave and use healing potions but Justiceā€™s blind helped me to survive and I killed the final bosses with bombs.
Mana charging is very confusing. :grin:

4 Likes

Donā€™t understand well why they did it. At level 50+ , I got around 10 yellow heroes wich are okay ( at least 3^70). Once I validate the 4 first levels, iā€™m out :confused: Why donā€™t they had the possibility to use other heroes once (like champion tavern quest) ???

4 Likes

You really need to rely on items heavily. No way im gonna be able to complete it. Only about 30 leveled yellow. Most without emblems or lim break.
Played for 5yrs and spent prob $30 per month on avg. SG just made it impossible to keep up.

7 Likes

How hard are the first few levels ? Is it possible to use less yellow heroes in those levels and save them for the harder levels ?

2 Likes

The levels are riddiculously tough. One of the worst and most unfair challenges.
Thank you, I will pass.

6 Likes

I have 33 Sacred heroes but I donā€™t know if this is a guarentee to finish this event.

You can only bring yellow heros

1 Like

Non-super elemental heroes can only be used twice. Are costume counted separately? So if the hero has costume it can be used 4 times (2 with costume and 2 without costume)?

2 Likes

i finished the first stage with unleveled 5* and small healing potions.

ill probably do the same on stage two then try with maxed 3*. i recommend everyone to try with weak heroes first. it doesnā€™t hurt if you permanently lose them in the quest.

battle items are doubled to help

5 Likes

I can confirm that taking a team of 3* heroes all at 1.1 (I.e. totally unlevelled) for the first stage does NOT work :rofl:

28 Likes

We really dont need another event to rid us of battle items. I am unsure I will be able to finish this monstrosity myself as a lvl 100+.

2 Likes

itā€™s understandable that you canā€™t finish it if youā€™re a new / intermediate player. Just give it time !

It should be this way. If we could breeze through the entire game with a level 50 roster, what interest would that be to develop it further ?

I remember a time when I couldnā€™t get the ascencion mat from the rare questsā€¦

12 Likes

This event is poorly designed. If you donā€™t have a deep roster, you canā€™t get far. The developers love to focus on helping the strong get stronger, rather than creating events that are beneficial to all. Retaining new players is important for the future of the game. Otherwise there will be a bunch of strong, p2p players and, when they decide to quit the game, E&P is over.

Fortunately the summoning odds are disastrous :laughing:

(Iā€™m not a new player myself but I lead an alliance to support new players :slightly_smiling_face: theyā€˜ll be disappointed by this stupid event as well).

11 Likes

This is kind of narrow minded thinking, there are so many other ways to keep a game interesting without making such a horrific bad thought out event.

What is the original thought of any game developer? To make something fun for the players.
What is the original thought of corporate developers? To make as much money of players by draining them from EVERYTHING so they spend more, especially those with to much money, they dont care about that little hurdle. Problem is, it hurts the rest of the 90% and you eventual end up with a dead game. Not that it matters, they filled there coffers with MILLIONS of dollars in profits.

This is a disgusting event that oncs again shows their true intensions.

15 Likes