Mass emblem sale – Magpie’s Emblem Boutique / Return to Morlovia

Well, this was the first time. If it happens again in a couple months I still won’t complain. Deals like this are fine, and don’t set apart the p2p from the f2p, as long as they aren’t too frequent. As soon as they start making deals like this more frequent, like more than one every month or two, I’ll be right there with everyone else complaining. But in this case, it was the FIRST time they’ve done it, and to be honest, I respect them for waiting this long. And as long as it’s a while before they do it again, I applaud them for, IMO, yet again finding the line between making money, which of course is their main priority, and keeping the game playable and fun for all.

I will not be “groomed” as you put it, and neither should others. All you have to do is use your brain, or even half of it for that matter, and you won’t be groomed. It isn’t hard. Just be mindful.

1 Like

Hi,
I just hope that in the future, SG, don’t decide to lower the amount of " free" emblems".
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

While I’m not going to stop playing the game, but I don’t want to see emblems in this amount as a regular thing either.

1 Like

This was the first time. That’s what we said about the first offer in class trials that happens twice a week. Then we said that for the first of several offers during a seasonal event.

3 Likes

happens twice a week

No it doesn’t. Those in-shop emblem offers only happen about once a month, and they’re only for 20 in total, and are very overpriced.

1 Like

Selling Emblems for money is totally a word being promised broken.
I remember the days they talked about they were not going to sell Emblems, and now the day has come to sell them for money…

That’s just sad really…

According to whom? A quick search of the forum finds this:

2 Likes

Well, that was a recent post of mine, @Rook. I, too, was under the impression that emblem sales were going to be extremely rare. I’m still hoping that…

9 Likes

Hmm. goes digging

I didn’t immediately find a post from SG decrying emblem sales, but I’ll keep looking. :wink:

I thought similar to you and dared not type as I’m sure someone would say “see, you’re wrong.” But I’ll back you up. I recall something along the line of plenty of opportunities to acquire multiple talents in a month and using features that exist or will be coming out soon. Don’t recall the exact wording but it implied (at least to me) that money wouldn’t be the sole way to advance, not that one couldn’t.

I think you’re thinking of this post:

5 Likes

Yep. That says “majority.”

1 Like

So as long as they don’t pass 49.9%…promise kept.

But I’d be disappointed to see the percentage of Emblems available for purchase become even a notable portion of the total Emblems available.

9 Likes

when you sit in diamond you always see these teams. It is kind of a let down. I have 4 at +9 , i just get over matched unless I get a great board now.

It is what it is but you do see them often in raids if your at a certain point. 10-14 emblems are quite common now unfortunately.

No offers can surpass the mercs. One of them just posted at the thread, his recent activity. Wow, just wow… And he admits some players of his group of mercs have already +16 heroes. I saw this tournament +16 GM. Anyway, bottom line, not the offers in gems (not only) will ruin this game creating so many and large gaps. And the devs still cannot control this. Yes, they nerfed the loot for more than a titan in 20 hours, but the rare titans give the mercs emblems anyway. The devs should have implemented no emblem can be earned from rare titans unless once 15 days.

Back on topic, the players with those monstrous teams are not necessarily big spenders. Actually, as long as they figured out how to trick the system and fool the devs, they don’t have to spend a dime for emblems.

Link please? :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

Here it is:

3 Likes

It’s pretty crazy the level of effort that SGG goes into limiting mercs and then the mercs come around and find even another loopjole to exploit.

1 Like

It’s not exploiting. The people putting the most effort to get emblems are getting the most.

You can’t have a thread complaining that super spenders are unfair because they get emblem advantages and attack the free emblem sources that exist in the game.

3 Likes

One more was caught :wink: