Mass emblem sale – Magpie’s Emblem Boutique / Return to Morlovia

Sorry if I did, but this comment

Suggested otherwise

1 Like

This was meant to be more like, “Challenge accepted. :sunglasses:” Sorry that it came across otherwise.

6 Likes

$100US in 2.5years…

Another great quote… This thread becomes my favourite very quickly.

4 Likes

I’ve been playing 19 months now. The entire 19 months this has been a 2-tier game - F2P and P2W (although I have yet to see a valid definition of “win” for this game). I accepted from the beginning that I was not going to compete for the top of the leaderboard and frankly, since there is no difference between the sucky loot for 2400+ and 2900+ cups, I just don’t care. Is the gap getting bigger? Sure, but it has been for 19 months (and probably significantly longer). Again, I just don’t care.

I could spend the money. But I have other, more important things to spend it on. As long as I enjoy playing the game I will. It would be interesting to face a Guinevere+20 but I doubt I’d do it more than once.

3 Likes

Its a slot machine dude…we dont win…

I feel selling emblems is not necessarily unfair, but is unwise. Sure, in the short term, they will make some money, but in the long term i think they will lose. Widening the gap between ftp/ctp and ptp is not a great business strategy IMO. The game already has advantages that provide the ptp player something for their money. They dont need more to justify their ongoing spending, especially if this causes the others to stop playing.
I agree with many that have said that emblems were a nice way to give the ftp/ctp players a means to stay competitive. Once you eliminate being competitive, there is no reason for them to play. Grinding farm levels, titans, and raid tournaments with mediocre loot will only keep so many people occupied. If players constantly lose wars to people with ridiculous amount of emblems, you will get attrition. Whats next direclty costumes? If sox why not directly selling heros?
I think selling emblems for money directly is a terrible idea for the future of the game and i hope the devs listen.

1 Like

I guess I just feel like it’s not inhibited me at all for my goals in the game (#!, enjoy it!), but I have no aspirations to be in a top 100 alliance (though I think I could absolutely do it), stay in the top 100 raid leader board, or compete for the top 10 or so spots in challenge events (at least continually).

It hasn’t stopped me from continually being top 1% (outside two top 5% finishes, one of them being 2* tourney) in the raid tourney or attaining the tiers that I want in the challenge events.

Ummm… I’ve spent 1 time in the last 8 months really (to get Seshat), and I can make it to the top 10 daily. I’ve spent less in 2 years than lots do every month, and I can play with anyone. Anyone who says you HAVE to spend to play at the top tier is likely looking at the game through too narrow of a scope.

5 Likes

No reason to quit. I dont spend much at all on the game. Early on i was a sucker during the Atlantis events. Id spend 3 bucks here, 5 bucks there, and i realized i almost always got dups or 3 stars whom i already had one ascended. I quit spending cash. I spend hams and lots of em at tc20. Keeps giving me 4 stars that i dont have. Im content lol. Keep plugging along! :slight_smile:

Well played i must say i agree. Strategy strategy strategy!! Over $$$$

Thank you @Peterenp

This is exactly what i wanted to see

Just had to dig for it

Well, as a p2p turned c2p/f2p, I find out the Magpies offer is too temtpting I end up walloping 'em all but have not use any of it. Waiting for the right hero and time.
We can buy all the cheap gems and emblems on sale but it does not guarantee a longer stay at the top of this game. Even a 4300tp team can lose to a 3700tp any time.
At the end of day, its all down to ones preference.
I don’t spend a penny on any other game. If that matter.
Game should be fun…rather than buying from the shop, those cheap offering are quite fun at times.

3 Likes

ok guys and gals.this game or biz has always been about big cash.the odds are worse than vegas.lolany game free or bought is going to cost you if you want to stand a chance.the rewards are a joke…they take the fun out of it because of GRRRREEEEEEED.

Its REAL too! There’s nothing counterfeit
about the REAL.:eyes:

That SOUND impossible; maybe you have to understand it a lot better. It SOUNDS like a shortcut to me. That won’t take long period! We can talk about it together for a better understanding. Next time never takes forever🥶

What sounds impossible? Not sure I understand.

My defence is under 3600 iv taken out people at 4000 only a handful of times a few in the last couple days! It can be done! Sure I had a good board haha!
Used Colen cyprian kiril falcon ammennoa and Colen chao kiril falcon jackal

My goodness people, lighten up. This is the FIRST time they’ve sold emblems as a “special” deal, along with the very occasional (about once a month) emblem deal in the shop. You’re stupid if you didn’t think a deal like this was coming eventually, and it’ll be a LONG time before we see it again. If this was a deal we saw 2-3 times a month I could see all the complaints, but seriously, put it into perspective.

2 Likes

The first time: it’s okay, it won’t happen very often, it’ll only hurt for a minute and then be over.

The second time: it wasn’t that bad last time, hardly any complaints, we can do it again.

The third time: …(more and more rationalizations)

This behavior is called grooming.

3 Likes