Mass emblem sale – Magpie’s Emblem Boutique / Return to Morlovia

I passed on this offer. I suspect I’ll spend (over-spend) during the long days of offers for the Halloween event.

4 Likes

Which is why I said this above

2 Likes

Still falls into the can’t afford it, don’t buy it philosophy…

Yes, they are the big spenders. But it’s not the single deals. The point of “whales” comment is because there isn’t just emblem sales. It’s upping troops, pulling for heroes, buying mat offers and now emblems. That’s when c2p players will start falling behind.

I’m a big spender, but I’m sensitive to the c2p players. I like having them around because they are usually better players because they have to.

11 Likes

My new favourite quote on this forum…

6 Likes

I agree, this is a game and these are all personal choices.

Just at the very least acknowledging that the difference in someone not having disposable income in the US (but probably still able to purchase these deals if they really wanted to) and other places in the world where the deals are equal to a weeks pay is a more significant burden.

Not that it isn’t fair. Just that it is a more dramatic example

2 Likes

What I haven’t seen mentioned yet is how little this will matter in the long run. Sure, spenders will be able to max emblems on a 5* slightly sooner… But then what? By the time w non-spender maxes 10 5*s, a spender will have a couple extra heroes at +4… Who cares??

This is much less p2w than summons

2 Likes

I think the main concern is not to offer these Emblems deals with great frequency.

We kinda know they’ll sell them in 2 of the upcoming Halloween Sales (if they follow the other Seasonal Events pattern)

Of course, P2W folk will always say it’s a matter of choice, this is a business, etc.

But it’s a discussion much like that Valentine’s offer and how it affects the ties in Alliances if it’s overdone

3 Likes

Has anyone punched the numbers to see how big of a dent this 1 deal puts in the total emblems needed to take a 5* to 80/20?

Talkin time wise

Have you been reading the thread, my dear?

It’s there.

(BTW, I bought the deal… overpriced as it is in my country)

3 Likes

Sorry missed it in all the “life’s not fair it’s all sg’s fault”
“This offer sucks because others can buy it and i cant” posts

Anyways, just saying that it was originally predicted by @Kerridoc to take i think 14 months or more for a 80/20 5* in each class, which is already longer than maxing a rainbow set of 5s strictly relying on rare quests without even taking RnG into account

So think if someone wants to argue about how much this separates the spending classes, they should bring some numbers to the table including the monday deals we see every couple weeks for emblems as well

If this shaves off idk 3 months or more, ok let’s riot grab your pitchforks

If it shaves off less than that, it’s really not big enough of a difference to matter

And this was only a few classes which means even if they did this regularly for different classes say once a month? It would take 3 to 4 months to see the same class in these offers twice? Theoretically.

So let’s put some numbers to opinions and throw the poor me cards away to argue bout this

3 Likes

tumblr_m6rljlSTHH1r1yvaso6_r1_250

8 Likes

1 Like

$13/month (VIP and atlantis - only in 2019 and maybe $60-80 total in the prior year +) and 2 years of game play keep me competitive with the top players (I consider myself C2P). This emblem deal won’t break anything that wasn’t already happening as @Rigs suggested. I won’t spend more than this amount and the emblem deals for cash won’t change that.

This game is full of choices. Who to level, who to feed, what to spend and where to spend it, etc. If this offer and other P2W offers keeps the game going then I am all for it. I don’t feel like I am behind now as C2P and this won’t all of a sudden push me behind. I get that I have the long tine playing benefit many don’t - but if you stick with it, spend a little here and there (but not everywhere), find a good alliance and keep with the grind you can absolutely do anything, and everything in this game and not be P2W.

The alternative is this game goes away sooner than I hope and I am left with nothing (which I get is inevitable at some point).

3 Likes

I don’t see anyone with Pitchforks here.

This is a Forum. The purpose of Forums is to discuss things related to something (in our case, everything E&P wise)

I find it a bit ironic how some welcome discussion only when the threads are started by a certain group of individuals, but call people angry complainers when we are just raising concerns about possible frequency of offers.

This is all in the realm of subjectivity and concerns.

This is what I like about the dynamics of Forums. If I wanted to get or give adamant opinions, i’d read/write blogs.

I think opinions should be read instead of placed into simplistic categories.

6 Likes

As completely F2P, this is part of what I like about the game. So, you completed Challenge X with Mother North, Gravemaker, Kage, Miki, and Drake? Cool, cool. Can I do it with Domitia, Thorne, and some emblemed 4-stars, 'cause that’s what I’ve got?

Auto-rec for a great line in an extremely quotable movie. For sheer number of quotes I use regularly, Tombstone might be second only to The Princess Bride. Office Space is probably in there somewhere, too.

3 Likes

What turned me off buying this was thr troop token, i get plenty of them for free and actually sick of getting them to be honest.

Throw in an epic token and might think about it a little longer, but at least I won’t be turned off it,lol.

As for the emblems, well you have a choice, no one is forcing you to buy them and they still do come free also. Not understanding why this has become an issue as there are always going to be options for the p2w members and lets face it, they are around but at least every player gets the option whether they free player or not.

An option is just that, no one is forcing you to buy them.

I’ve played about 2 years and currently @ level 60, I started as c2p, spent $200 twice in a couple of bursts to build a good team. From there I was usually in the top-5,000, and was able to easily burst to top-100 and even hit #1 global once. I went F2P after the tourney ‘screwing.’ With the power creep from heroes and the emblem difference, (mine at +9 spenders at +12/14) I can no longer compete in the top. After a frustration break, I am back and just enjoy the game and chatting with my alliance. I will never spend again.

I guess the point is if you can’t afford to do sustained approximately $100 USD per month you won’t compete in the top tier. If you can’t accept the constant spend to be top-tier, this game isn’t for you. It’s also not for you if you have an addictive personality. I’ve seen many spend $20,000+ over a time period without really realizing it.

5 Likes

I am not getting this type of attitude (politely speaking)

This is a game which is ment to be fun for each player. Every player has different rosters and different spending capabilities.

Why should a paying play feel guilty because he can afford to spend money and why should one feel degraded just because he can’t afford to spend money.

There is no reward for being first, there is no prize for winning and every player should only play to their own capabilities so where does a f2p player get to judge a p2w player and degrade them for having a better team.

F2p players seem to forget when posting complaints that it’s these p2w players that allow you the ability to play such a game for free and without them you wouldn’t be able to pkay at all or at worst it would become just another one of those games that just stays the same and never improved or upgraded or new features etc…

I think it’s just plain rude for a f2p player to be degrading a p2w player and even expect to have equal rosters. I guess people like that wouldn’t have much to do with people that bought there homes just because they can only afford to rent, same mind set.

Having said that this topic is about the purchase of emblems not a p2w players better team or winning events.

Just enjoy the game and have fun.

5 Likes

I think you completely misconstrued my post. I’m not complaining that P2P players have better heroes or have an easier time completing challenges. I’m saying that part of what I enjoy is seeing if I can do the same things that those players can do without the same quality heroes. I’m assuming many players could complete challenges with stacked lineups. I take personal satisfaction in figuring out how to do it with the lineup I haven’t spent a dime on (which, to be fair, still includes a couple of nice HotM and a S2 legendary).

I wouldn’t enjoy the game nearly as much if I were always chasing the next big thing so I could just push the “I win” button on most parts of the game. I remember trying to piece together a lineup that could beat the Dark Lord. Then it was a lineup that could take down Ursena on hard, which was particularly challenging. Then it was being able to finish all 10 class quests. Now, I’m trying to build enough war depth for six solid teams. After that, probably enough to color stack in war and still have six solid teams. Then S3, and so on. Always something new to challenge myself with.

4 Likes