Margaret – New May 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

I am curious if attacked by proteus, she can’t dodge the mana block, but can she dodge the DOT??

DoT doesn’t factor into dodge chance. Gravemaker not only eats her lunch every day and twice on Sundays, he does it with one hand while using the other to make her punch herself in the face while asking “why you hitting yourself huh?”

In my experience spirit link appears to lower the dodge chance because the damage amount is lowered. I saw a dramatically lower number of dodges when using her with Wilbur.

Not sure how to quantify the mana bonus, but visually it seemed to be maybe 20% of the bar.

When activated she dodges the entire skill, not just damage.

10 Likes

Early thoughts
Let’s play Captain Obvious: With that kind of attack stat and ability, she’s a prime choice against blue titans and green stacks.

But oh boy… what kind of shady ability is that!? I’m confused about… well a lot of things. Hoping someone can clear them up.

SOO MANY VARIABLES :stuck_out_tongue: lol. You can see how this kind of stuff is driving me nuts. My brain hurts just thinking about it… I wish I could try it out but it’s not that simple with this game (i.e. need the heroes)

Can anyone clear any of these things up? Would be glad to provide clarification.

@zephyr1 I am wondering if these questions deserve a place here, in the main OP, or in a new thread… With this kind of special attack and Inari already existing, I don’t doubt that there’s many others wondering too.

6 Likes

She is definitely holding a cryptex imo, I see her as a viable flank, not a tank, the dodge covers 3, unlike Inari covers all, but very fast mana…will be good to have.
If she dodges skills as well, she might dodgẹ Hatters steal…?

Nice to see Hansel’s Mom join in the fun.

4 Likes

What about her innate skill? It’s obvious dispellers won’t work on her, but does it also prevent overwriting buffs? For example, Wilbur’s defense debuff overwriting her active defense buff.

1 Like

I pulled Margaret, but she is very buggy:

1. When upgrading is not reflected
  2. After the upgrade shows a green explosion
  3. Skill not pumped
    4 I tried it several times on the ultu - it never applied it …

Please fix it urgently!

d8c089cd-047a-4c3f-b9ae-fdd2497bfda6

d239cec1-b823-40bb-bb3e-bde60e337f36

Whoaaa… she really disappear, just like her skill (Hide in Shadows)…

15 Likes

Her name is Margaret. Amazing. It’s not even like you’re trying anymore SG

1 Like

Hmmm.

Interesting special and niche play that could be useful but so many other good to great green 5* that are more obviously useful in many situations.

For Defense Margaret looks like a flank (covers three, wing is a waste and die by tiles too quickly for tank role).

She does make tanks a lot more difficult to kill, I am imagining a Kuchen or Santa tank that cannot be hit by specials and need to be killed by tiles (color synergy with Santa but Kunchen is a healer).

I personally will not aim for her because my queue of green heroes is already too long. Like all 5*, if she were to join I’d make room, always good to have the option available.

It’s a puzzle lock. (20 chars)

1 Like

Wouldn’t she resist hatter’s steal to begin with (whether her skill is active or not), given that she is immune to being dispelled?

Lol… another question on the pile of “does it work that way” train of thought

2 Likes

We all know that Patches O’Houlihan was a true hero, so Margaret must be as well. If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a special attack! Remember the 5 D’s - dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge!

2019-05-01%2010_57_11-if%20you%20can%20dodge%20a%20ball%20you%20can%20dodge%20a%20wrench%20-%20Google%20Search

23 Likes

I would hope and expect that any ailments that overwrite buffs, would still be overwritten on her.

Otherwise she would have Kunchen’s, Frida’s and Anzogh’s resistances all rolled into one (given that she has the opposite buff) which seems pretty suspect.

Another question for the pile of stuff to be clarified about her lol

She’s got one of those… “Come now, you wouldn’t hit a harmless, elderly lady now would you?” type of look.

Non dispellable Elemental defense buff

The Devs seem to like all five HotM in a row to have matching Elemental links. So she gets it because she is the Green hero within those five.

Not fond of this set of five non dispellable, Elemental defense buff, Elemental links but it does have the benefit of blocking any Elemental defense debuff ( Panther, Falcon, Evelyn, Frida, Jackal ) since the Elemental defense buff cannot be overwritten.

Kunchen and rumored Ranvir get the most use out of it because Purple and Yellow are weird.

Elemental defense buff

Personally I would chance how Elemental defense buffs work:

1 Like

Lol tx. I just attacked a blue titan with blue… lol. I will normally never let green attack red… so yes messing up.

I think margi will do nice on blue… lol

2 Likes

Another quick question:
How does Kage work against her? If you snipe her nearby allies, would the dispel come through and prevent the dodge?

1 Like

After spending a fortune last month trying to pull Poseidon, I failed but pulled anzogh (who i think is awful) I also pulled atomos, who is awful. I have now pulled Margaret who by reading the comments we can all agree is not a brilliant and will not be anyones first choice. All I need is to pull mo-arr and I have almost the worsed 5* team the game has ever seen Haha. I defo started at the wrong time. Anyone remember when h.o.t.m used to be decent?

8 Likes

The next couple look pretty killer, IMO.

Also, why you hating on Frida?? :smile:

4 Likes