☀ Khufu (a.k.a Khafre) – Season 5 Hero – 5* Fire / Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 5 Hero is Released: Khufu

:warning: This hero’s former name was Khafre, which was renamed to Khufu in Version 48:

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Khufu, as well as your thoughts on him.

Khufu

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star::star::star:
Legendary
:fire:
Fire/Red
Monk
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

4/80
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 883 863 1711
4/90 1010 988 1958
Origin Family
Season 5 Sun
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
70% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
* Deals 70% damage to all enemies.
* All enemies receive 234 Sand damage over 3 turns.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Perplexing Riddle
  • Deals 450% damage to the target.
  • The attack chains through all the enemies who are adjacent to any hit enemy.
  • The target gets -41% defense against Fire, and further -4% decrease every time they are hit during 4 turns.

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Sun Family

Bonus for 1 / 2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to make a cast -35% accurancy for 2 turns and 196 Burn damage over 2 turns on an enemy who deals Special Skill damage to this character.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75% / 100%

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

May 2022

June 2022

Jun 2023 (Big Balance Update)

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Khufu from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Season 5 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v46,v47]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Khufu ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Khufu.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Khufu and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Khufu worth summoning for?

• Would you use Khufu on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Khufu ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Khufu as an opponent?

• Would you give Khufu Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Khufu’s character design?

• If you Summoned Khufu and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Khufu, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Khufu when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Khufu, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Khufu (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Khufu), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Legendary Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Khufu (post release)

:question: Is Khufu worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only when featured.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Khufu would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• Zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Khufu’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Defense Debuffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Khufu compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Khufu’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match Khufu’s Base Stats?

Note this means her Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Khufu worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Khufu is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Khufu is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

Choose up to 3 options

:question: What do you think is Khufu worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Khufu then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

3 Likes

This one is a fantastic titan and challenge event hero. I can see Costume Marjana being benched for this one. Khafre seems to have very similar stats to costume Marj, but his biggest selling point, is the increasing EDD over the flat EDD Costume Marj has.

2 Likes

In theory, yes, but in reality, I believe C. Marjana will still remain the favorite. Her flat EDD is much higher than Khafre’s initial, and the latter takes planning, and timing, to maximize; you don’t want to refire him early, resetting everything. And if the max is anything like Athena’s, the final result is only a smidge better than Marjana’s. Akin to how Bobo is clearly favored over Athena, despite Athena having the true strongest DD, as hers requires more thought/planning/waiting. Bobo is immediate.

Plus, there’s speed, and usability outside of titans, to consider. There, it’s clear, C. Marjana will still reign queen. Khafre is both too slow, and too dependent on the other team to maximize damage, to be of use anywhere outside of titans/VF/defense (imo).

19 Likes

Also, in beta, he only applied EDD to the target. cMarjana does so to 3.

6 Likes

Max elemental Def down is 73% which is a lot. His special skill looks interesting also. So he will have 70% chance doing 654% damage to all after sand damage.

2 Likes

Well don’t I feel lucky today!

I got the 3k + 10 coin deal and got him on the 3rd coin of all things…

The last 5 portals I’ve summoned in this has happened which kinda makes up for some of the times the game decides I’m getting nothing at all (looking at you 85 S3 pulls…)

10 Likes

do you think he is good?

1 Like

Congrats.

• Khafre gives increasing :fire: EDD which has potential to go higher than C. Marjana…
  • Mainly for titans, as he is slow.
1 Like

I was lucky to get him, but I am not sure if he’s worth the mats (not yet!)
For sure he’ll be superb for titans and in fast wars, but what about the rest usages?

He looks like Sir Roostley (average speed) but he offers much more…
• Elemental red def down (-41% against fire)
• His passive is interesting: 70% chance to hit all enemies with 70% damage and sand damage.

His stats look very strong on paper but what happens in reality for slow heroes?
Is he a niche one or a diamond in the rough?

2 Likes

Its time to ask BUFF FOR KHAFRE. FROM SLOW BECOME AVERAGE. LOL

8 Likes

I see a use for him in Titans, Events and V.Fast wars and tournaments.

I have C.Marj already so I’ll test him. It will be interesting to see how quick you can get his EDD to 70%…

3 Likes

The passive is 234 over 3 turns. That goes up to 250+ With emblems.

1 Like

Does the Sand damage really apply to all enemies, or only those he hits, the adjacent enemies?

sand damage and 70% damage applies to all enemies with the chance of 70% if it’s triggered.

the only damage with conditional to adjacent enemies is his main 350% damage.

note: i’ve owned and tested him

2 Likes

This hero must be average speed, for titans the speed don’t matter but in raids it’s matter a lot, we all know how bad Sir Roostley it’s with average mana this one it’s worst.

Roostley is actually pretty good at average speed.

If this guy was average with these specials that would be very very strong. I think slow is fine for what he does but naturally we all want every hero to be V.Fast…

8 Likes

In defense Roostley it’s good yes but in offense he it’s not, and no no need every hero to be very fast but at least to be useful.

The Rooster is great!

2 Likes

And what he does so good? The red def down it’s applied only on the target not in all adjusted, also in the most of time he will hit only 2 because of his slow speed, the tank will be dead in every raid you make with him so you can expect damage only in 2, so how this hero will be OP if he it’s average?

2 Likes