☀ Waqas – Season 5 Hero – 3* Fire / Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 5 Hero is Released: Waqas

This thread is for discussing strategy related to Waqas, as well as your thoughts on him.

Waqas

Rarity Element Class Mana Speed
:star::star::star:
Rare
:fire:
Fire/Red
Paladin
S
Slow
Level Attack Defense Health

3/50
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
3/55 606 535 803
3/60 749 662 993
Origin Family
Season 5 Sun
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:hourglass: Ability: Effects on Special Skill
70% chance to perform the following actions when this character casts their Special Skill
* Deals 70% damage to all enemies.
* All enemies get -34% attack for 3 turns.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Unyielding Protector
  • Deals 205% damage to all enemies.
  • Reduces max health for all enemies by 450 over 3 turns. The effect is stronger against targets with boosted health. (Max health can’t get lower than 30% of the original max health. Any boosted health is reduced with an additional 150 per turn,)

All-in-one still under construction. Card image to be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

Heroes become stronger when teamed with other unique Heroes of the same family.

Sun Family

Bonus for 1 / 2 Heroes:

• 50% / 75% chance to make a cast -35% accurancy for 2 turns and 114 Burn damage over 2 turns on an enemy who deals Special Skill damage to this character.
  • If the enemy’s Special Skill defeats this character, the chance is 75% / 100%

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

June 2022

The exact change in Burn damage: 56 to 114

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Waqas from last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Season 5 Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v46,v47]

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Waqas ?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Waqas.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Waqas and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Waqas worth summoning for?

• Would you use Waqas on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Waqas ?

• What heroes would you take when facing Waqas as an opponent?

• Would you give Waqas Paladin Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of special?

• What do you think of Waqas’s character design?

• If you Summoned Waqas and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Waqas, and whether/how you plan to make use of them.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Waqas when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Waqas, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Waqas (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Waqas), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Rare Event Hero.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these three threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:thinking: Wondering About Your Personal Situation?

Feel free to discuss your team and roster here, and ask for advice from other Forum members.

If you’d like more extensive advice on sorting out your particular roster, I recommend creating a new thread in Gameplay Help & Tactics, and posting screenshots of your hero roster, along with your questions.

:link: Related Threads You May Be Interested In

4 Likes

Feedback Poll - Waqas

:question: Is Waqas worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re summoning for other heroes
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Waqas compared to other 3* Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Waqas is it worth keeping & levelling?

Note this will be roster dependent & not the same for all players.

• None (zero)
  • One
  • Two
  • Three
  • Four +

0 voters

:question: How does Waqas’s Special Skill match Waqas’s Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: What do you think Waqas’s Primary Purpose is?

• Damage Dealer (Immediate)
  • Max HP Decreaser (Over Time)

0 voters

:question: Is Waqas worth giving Paladin Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you are focused on Event Competition
  • Yes, compared to other 3* heroes
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: Where do you think Waqas is best suited on defence (in a 3* arena)?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Waqas will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

:question: What do you think is Waqas worth Limit Breaking ?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

:question: If you would emblem Waqas then which Emblem Path would you select ?

• Sword path
    (Selecing Attack talent nodes when possible)
  • Shield path
    (Selecing Health and Shield talent nodes when possible)

0 voters

1 Like

Just got him. I think he will be good for tournaments.
I like the effects

Is he better than Sudri?

No. Sudri is head and shoulders better. Hits all and hits harder.

3 Likes

I find it strange that this 3s has the same health reduction per turn as Horus, a 5s.

Yes I know Mana speed, but Waqas proportionally is considerably better than Horus.

1 Like

The OP now contains the June Balance updates.

1 Like

thanks @PlayForFun for your diligence and promptness and hard work!!!

2 Likes

Does anyone use this guy? :smiley: What is he good for? How high is his dmg LB+Emblems all attack?

Haven’t used him a lot yet so not sure on the damage, but here are stats LB and Emblemed and path

3 Likes

He is fantastic for rush attack tourneys to counter health boost. Much better than people give him credit for.

6 Likes

Used him a few times so far and I think I like him, though I’m still kinda feeling him out. Usually paladins I go defence and health, easy, but for him I’m considering attack, as he seems to hit hard enough. What say thee here, any advice?

I may mainly use him in rush tournaments.

I like him on rush tournaments and normally in 3* stuff as long as you can keep your team alive long enough for him to go off. Only issue is in rush going up against Gramps/ Faiez or Grevle teams, the boosted health just removes his health reduction. Faiez is worse as he then procides 4 turns immunity rendering Waqas special useless.
Ive gone Def / HP for survival.

He has become the new treevil, I’ve just faced a team with waqas and 4 healers (gramps as a reviver) and I’ve lost, it doesn’t make sense, reducing 450 hp for a 3* is half or 3/4 of his life.

1 Like

Faced in the current tournament

1 Like

So double breaking him is making him kinda strong?
His power looks not that high. It is worth it?
Just pulled this guy and trying to figure it out what to do with him .

2 Likes

He is good. Just slow manna but his all and hard when he does. Nice passive too, chance for attack debuf on all and additional damage. He’s a good one. Double LB him if you can, and go full attack on talents

1 Like

Lovely to use, just hate to face him​:joy::rofl:

Thank you! Very interesting! I lack good red heroes. So nice to hear that finally I got a good one. A lot to do. But nice! Thank you !

1 Like