🔵 [July 28, 2019] Trials of Piety Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

Last time I experimented a bit with Elkanen(3/70), but he’s just too weak currently. So this time I swapped in Wu Kong again. Another option would be Boril, but the bosses don’t have aoe attacks.

I could train up Jabbar. Should be good with his 3 target anti heal attack. On the other hand that’s propably the only time I’ll ever use him.

What I’m really missing is an option to dispel the enemy.

Used plenty of damage items again. While I try to avoid using the more expensive ones, I still need some extra damage in the last stage.

I only have Rigard and Hawkmoon. Obviously didn’t bring Hawk along. I could put in multiple Rigards, but more defensive stuff is the last thing I need.

Jup, he always does a lot for my team. I wish I had more monk emblems. +14 is the highest I can do for now.

3 Likes

Boss battle:

Li ate the trainer.

5 Likes

Wilbur - Drake - Rigard - Rana - Tarlak

2 Likes

My team for this trial has been steadily improving… but it is still one of my worst.

• Rigard + 7
  • Boril 4^70
  • Li Xiu 4^34
  • Leonidas 2^60
  • Hawkmoon +20

Compared to last time, I switched in my current yellow leveling project (Li Xiu) for Bane +20, Rigard is now maxed, and I took Leonidas to the mat wall at 2^60. I debated whether to switch in Li Xiu for Bane or Hawkmoon. Ultimately, I decided on Bane, trading out Bane’s damaging and blinding special, but leaving Hawkmoon for another healer and a red hero against the green moblings (vs. triple stacking yellow against at least one yellow boss in each wave). Not sure the choice would have made much difference, but if anyone has thoughts, I’m all ears.

The good news is, I managed to finish off the second wave without items this time. That Vivica/Boril boss wave just gives me fits because this lineup is so light on damage dealers, so to be able to finish that with tile damage (and basically just Leonidas’ special) made me happy. The bad news is, the third stage was still an absolute pill. Li Xiu is far more hearty than either Bane or Hawkmoon, but her damage and mana cut are embarrassing. Is she really just a mid-level tank and that’s all?

On the last mob wave of stage 3, I was trying to thin the numbers, but the uniform damage from Li Xiu’s special left them all pretty low on health, and a horribly timed cascade left me going into the boss wave with only Rigard’s special charged (which I unfortunately needed immediately) and Boril’s riposte close to expiration. Leonidas caught the business end of Joon’s special before I could even charge him, and Hawkmoon fell to regular attacks soon after. I was really wondering if I would even be able to complete, but I soldiered on, thinking I’d see how the carpet bombing would go just before Friar Tuck fired. I checked his HP, and it was at 3600+, but his mana was maybe 80%. Looked at the board and didn’t see much cascade potential, so I ripped off one more tile attack. Naturally, I set off a cascade, but Joon and Boril took most of it. Friar Tuck was sitting on the “S” (full mana) by the time it was my turn again. (Apparently, I like to live dangerously.) On the plus side, the extra tile damage probably saved me a dragon attack, so that’s something. Took 5 axes, 5 bombs, and 3 dragons to finish the fight. Trainer hero goes to Li Xiu. Cleric emblems reserved for Rigard (needs 40 for his next node). Monk emblems gathering dust with Bane already maxed and no one else eligible right now.

I have so many questions with this lineup. Is Li Xiu really that much better than Bane for this trial? Should I give my monk emblems to Li Xiu when she is maxed, and if so, on what path? Do I strip Bane’s emblems for that, too? (I have 4 reset tokens, so that isn’t really an issue.) Which yellow should I work on after maxing Li Xiu? Should I go back and take Leonidas to 3^70? (Won’t have darts for a while, but he’s my only hitter for this trial, so upping his damage and survivability significantly would be a big help.) Or should I go with my original plan of taking Ranvir to 2^60 (and hopefully 8/8) first to see if he boosts my Titan damage appreciably and trying him out on the Trials of Fortitude in place of Hawkmoon? (I want to take Hawkmoon’s emblems for Rigard, but I’m still using her in too many trials right now.) Should I work on my 1^1 Wu Kong? Another yellow with a passive special and add in a chance to miss? Who else is it even possible to draw that could help me on this trial? Just Wilbur, who I will probably never get, since I’ve already finished Atlantis and used all the coins. Ugh!

5 Likes

Last time Leo 2/60, Wilbur 4/70, Kunchen +4 Joon 2/60 And Rigard 3/70 then I used a lot of nukes.

This time, Leonidas 3/70, Wilbur +4, KĂşn +5, Joon 3/70 and Rigard +2.

The two men of the battle were Leonidas and Wilbur. Wilbur spirit link reduced the attack from boss Joon and counterattack from Boss Boril to nothing. Wlbur made the battle very easy: Joon from my team could easily attack even with the reposte on, also the damage was shared amongst the enemies wearing them down quickly.

Since Wilbur made the reposte non issue, I focused attacks on Boss Joon and Friar Tuck.
Leonidas mana reduction was waved serval times by Boss Joon. So I redirected his attack on Friar Tuck, Leo kept him from firing. At the end Boss Joon and F.Tuck packed up. Leaving Boss Boril to face the heat, he quitted shortly afterwards.

Only one mana portion was used at the mob wave to boost Rigard’s healing for Joon, when he was dying after receiving two consecutive blows.

The trainer hero and monk emblems would be banked for Joon, cleric emblems would go to KĂşn when sufficient for the next node.

3 Likes

Screenshot_20190728-030744
Li Xui was the main ingredient for this one, having her was the blessing because I didn’t have many shooters just healing and riposte and Mneuss who just wouldn’t last very long so now having her has made this trial fun. I fed the trainer to Chao I’m maxing out.

4 Likes

This trial is one of the primary reasons I decided to fully max Elkanen. He did work this time around. A 4/69 Elkanen still isn’t amazing but does his job better than a 3/70.

All I’m going to say otherwise is that a Wilbur/WuKong combo is still a terrifying sight to behold:

Rigard and Wilbur got to +19 each with the emblems. Trainer going to Ranvir.

3 Likes

@1Peterboy, this is my exact team. Same set up with less emblems on Wu. Good to see you made it through!! Congrats

4 Likes

No change to team lineup
Drake 4/80, Wu and rigard 4/70, Elk 3/60, Boril 3/60,
TP 3300+

Poseidon ate the trainer. Nom nom nom

Not bad , still used items and elk died on ripostes! :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

This was a challenge I have plenty of roster depth to choose from.

Last time I ran: Wu Kong, Wilbur +11, Rigard +11, Ariel+3, Boril 3.60
This time I Ran: Tarlak, Joon+1, Wilbur+11, Rigard+11, Ariel+5

The battles were all pretty straightforward and I did not need to use any items. The final battle was rather drawn out but with 2 dedicated healers, a pseudo healer in Tarlak and Wilbur’s defensive boost the team were always healthy. All 3 bosses died at the same time!

Emblems will be allocated to Joon and Ariel.

2 Likes

Hawkmoon out for Gafar. Only change done

I played it so badly that i ended up needing to carpet bomb and actually being scared to die :exploding_head:. Started boss wave with all specials ready and a red diamond. Joon went down very fast but after that, i misplayed the board and got f$&@ed by Boril’s riposte and the lack of purple tile to charge Rigard.
Could not time Gafar’s special with Tuck so he healed Boril and himself each time :flushed:
Fortunately, a yellow diamond appeared and i could use it to finish Tuck and almost killing Boril.
Emblems on the bench because of lack or iron/ham
Trainer for Hu

4 Likes

Thank you, I swapped out Hawkmoon, I used her a few times to have a rainbow

2 Likes

Same team as last time.

• On the bench: Rigard, Wu, Elk 3.70, Agwe 3.60
  • Up and coming: Gafar 4.38, Ariel 2.37, Li Xiu 4.45

While I remain uninspired by Valeria, she is far more durable than my leveling Gafar. He will probably replace her next Cleric trial.

Made it to the final bosses with everyone but Ma North full on mana. Boril’s mana shield resisted Hansel’s debuff, so I suddenly had counter-attack to contend with. Still, between Wilbur, Ma, and Tarlak, keeping folks up was no big deal. Later, Hansel successfully cast on Friar Tuck, which sent him running for the nearest brewery when the debuff triggered.

Both Boril and Joon went down together soon thereafter.

The trainer is going to Onatel; she got the darta when Drake didn’t come my way. Plus, there is an enormous pile of emblems awaiting her at 80.

Emblems go to Ma North or are shared between Tarlak and Wilbur (they are family, after all).

4 Likes

Stage 2 Finished, I do not know if I can beat stage 3, as stage 2 has a little trouble facing Boril without dispeller.
And my forge is still upgrading. Cannot create bomb, dragon attack yet.

5 Likes

My Team Last Time: Hansel(4/70), Ariel+6, Leonidas+5, Wilbur(4/70), Rigard(4/70)
My Team This Time: Hansel(4/70), Ariel+6, Leonidas+5, Wilbur(4/70), Rigard(4/70)

-Two healers came along: Ariel and Rigard. Leonidas had self healing, too. I did find it tough to hit the bosses for a lot of damage. It was kind of a grindy battle.
-Yes, I have Wilbur, and yes he tagged along.

-No change in my team since last time.
-N/A
-I used some battle items to finish off the bosses in the third stage.
-hoarding all emblems for the time being.
-Li Xiu ate the trainer hero. I’ve had her at 3/60 forever. She finally got the orbs this morning.
-There are so many yellow monks out there. Leonidas will be replaced with Drake Fong once I level him. I can’t wait. Drake was the HoTM when I first started playing and I thought I would never get one of those. So it was extra nice to pull him from Atlantis.

4 Likes

I bring Ariel and Rigard. For firepower, I depend on Gafar’s Heal Block and tiles.

I still don’t have him…

Gafar 3/60 replacing Gan Ju.

Old Team:

New Team:

Game Changing. I should have bring Minor Mana Potions instead of Dragon Attacks. I no longer have to depend on Carpet Bombing because of Gafar (Last Trials of Piety I have to use all bombong items).

10 Healing Potions, 2 Arrow Attack, & 1 Bomb Attack.

Not planning on using them while I still have 2nd builder (invite bonus because I am F2P :rofl:).

Sartana.

I don’t bring red heroes…

5 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

Like last time, I brought Revive Scrolls and Time Stops as a safety net, and didn’t use any of them.

Other than taking a little bit, this was a straightforward victory.

Adding Emblems to Rigard will improve this team over time, but otherwise it’s basically frozen until Leonidas gets his turn for maxing after Ranvir and Joon…which will be quite a while from now.

Shiny New Emblems

Rigard stepped up twice to +9, and Li Xiu went up once to +5.

Mystic’s Meal

Ranvir ate the Trainer Hero, creeping up to 4-41.

5 Likes

This was the team I used. No items were harmed in the completion of this trial. It was fun to steal Boril’s riposte and Friar Tuck’s heal though. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Same team, but was at work so had to nuke em to pieces :joy:

7 Likes

I had a strong team so I severely underestimated how challenging that final stage would be:

I figured Wu Kong would go off and I would just nuke everybody but some bad tiles and overenthusiasm put me in the hurt locker very quickly. Hatter was the first to go down so there goes my Boril debuff. The rest of the team got picked off and Rigard was the last one standing so I ended up bombing them with the dragon attacks and just putting this one behind me. Maybe I’ll put Wilbur in next time as I see a lot of other teams using him.

Rigard gets the emblems to boost his mana block in my Guin stack and I learned an expensive lesson yesterday.

6 Likes