đŸ» [July 16, 2020] Tavern of Legends Event – FAQ & Team Discussion

Thanks @jinbatsu. I shall keep that in mind for sure. With the 30 gems gifting from teammates I just got to the 10x pull mark. Could not help with the excitement just went with the event which came first.

But surely will keep you advice in mind, even I had planned to use it in S3/S2, but could not hold myself after getting to the 10x Gem mark. Earlier I used to pull immediately on 300 Gem Mark.

Don’t Have either of them. Still Long way to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is unlikely.

SG ignored beta feedback and has provided no response, justification or comment on the vociferous (and often vitriolic) feedback players in beta & production have made on this horrendous portal.

The gameplay itself wasn’t the worst they could’ve imagined, but the portal is (quite literally) the worst in the game and provides the lowest value of any portal I’ve seen in any game I’ve ever played.

“It’s just a game”
Sure.
But they want people playing it.
They want money even more.
So it would be better if they figured out a way to give us what we are asking for.

I just wish more people would stop spending.

1 Like

I did stage 5 with an all 3* team but definitely needed a few mana pots and an axe or two. I ran cBelith-Kvasir-Bane-Gato-Pixie, and Pixie was definitely key to winning since she stopped the bosses from firing even once. Kvasir is also a great counter to Seshat since he prevents those damned replicating minions from spawning at all. Brought two healers in different colors and I’m glad I did since even the slash attacks from bosses hit hard.

I think, your formation Healer only Kahsrek 3 heroes, so items battle I think need 1 slot for healspot like Potent or Heal
 And do not change mana slot, that good 2x mana slot is needed for Proteus, I think You need 5x Bombs not 4x, and change Dragon Attack to Potent Healpot. I prefer Bombs, because attack debuff.

1 Like

ToL is easy
My F2P alt beat it

Roster:

Heroes I didn’t use:

2 Likes

Finished, no real threats to any of my teams. All teams used were sub 4000 TP with a few tornadoes and time stops used it was a good way to use balanced attack teams :star_struck:.

Stage 10 team:
Hansel +7
Isarina +4
Telluria +7
Rigard +12
Proteus

2 Likes

Special thanks to @Guvnor, @Kaenguru, @yelnats_24, @Mothra, @Pantryraider, and @GDIBass for all their hard work, either through info and/or tools.

Did better this time in that I started with even lesser leveled teams than last month. Last three stages got tricky at the boss round but nothing outrageous. Lost Boldtusk to Seshat in stage 10 but Poseidon gave her a trident in the brass. Proteus was the best, keeping them all mana-less and I actually got a few decent cascades for a change.

Did one roll only and got Ulmer. Will save other for next month.

7 Likes

This is quite doable. Proteus is the key, so you’ve got got him correctly next to the healer, and with double mana pot options.

Since the bosses buff themselves, that’ the right version on Sonya.

I’d prefer to take a full amount of an item, if you have revive scrolls or miracle scrolls, take them instead of bombs. Since this is your last go at it, go all in.

4 Likes

@jinbatsu @Zteev

Woop

2 Likes

Its pretty sad odds considering the amount of battle just to get 1 draw ( mine was a crappy ***star. Big disappointment.

That’s quite impressive, you have 9 maxed 4*s, and you only needed 7 of them to beat all 10 levels? Did you use a lot of items?

Considering I managed to have two teams go to waste, I ended this earlier than usual and didn’t even get to my usual Stage 8/9/10 stopping point. Was planning on using Proteus and Wilbur after finally getting them the previous month. Makes me curious why this event got an extension over Challenge Events or Costume Quest
 or Valhalla Summons.

Got feeder Hawkmoon. Will hope to get at least 2 more of my 5* heroes moved up so that I have some proper teams going.

Lvls 4-7 needs few axes and darts
For 8-9 I also took bombs
Last stage was easly beaten with my mono red with mana and hp potions
But I didn’t nuke any stage tottaly

This month event seems to be harder than previous. Died 2 times, spended 2x75 gems, did 2 pulls got 3 stars heroes that i already have, thats all story.

1 Like

7 pulls with tokens - mix of 3* and 4* junk. Did a 30 pull. 29 feeders
 plus Gravemaker. Tavern has been good to me every month so far.

1 Like

From @Mothra

2 Likes

The bosses seemed to hit a bit harder, but definitely not difficult. Used 3*, and unleveled 5* for lower 4-5 levels. Level 9 took a bit but I used a mono dark team. 10 was a breeze. I used absolutely no mats. I only had 2 bombs to start and they did not get used. Took the bosses out in order: Anzogh, Margaret, and Seshat last. I had very good tiles. Proteus made it a walk in the park. I had considered a mono blue team but Proteus ended up going in.

I also could have healed up Athena with a Kiril but was a bit less vigilant at the end because my tile combos were so good.

No pulls yet. I may save up. Not sure :thinking: yet. I have plenty of 3*s right now! :rofl:

2 Likes

Saved Proteus for last stage and as expected made it a total breeze. Ran cRigard-Jabberwock+4-Telly+6-Gravemaker+6-Proteus+18. Only used a few mana pots to boost Proteus as a precaution but turns out that was not really necessary.

The combined DoT from GM and Proteus/Jabberwock ate through the bosses pretty quickly, and Anzogh was the first to fall, followed closely by Margaret. Funny thing is once Anzogh was gone, Proteus got hit by slash attacks 3 times in a row, almost as if the bosses knew who the biggest threat was and wanted him gone asap. Too bad they couldn’t quite get through Telly’s meat shields, and even if I lost Proteus at that point it would’ve been inconsequential. In any case, I now have a newfound appreciation for DoT especially if they can stack, as they just start sapping away at the HP alarmingly quickly.

Two pulls: Fat Tuck and Dawa, I mean it’s almost like the game is trying to stereotype itself :roll_eyes::rofl:

1 Like

Haven’t gotten my two free pulls yet but I’m enjoying using my 3*. Was able to beat lv 5 with 3* this time which is pretty great. Previously my 3* maxed out at lv 4.

Went in to the boss round with this:

And ended with this:

Would definitely like more opportunities to use my 3*

6 Likes

Guvs Bar Fight

This time round I decided to more or less “wing it”
 Didn’t plan my teams in advance nor did I make use of the guides from various persons

Also pushed my 3* heroes this time to see how far I could get

Last Time

Click for teams used last time round

This Time

As above, tried to get as far as I could with only 3* heroes
 Turns out pretty far lol

Probably COULD have done stage 7 using the team I used in Stage 6
 Maybe next time I’ll rejig it a bit & have a crack
 :stuck_out_tongue:

After that I just went for completion & busted out some 5* heroes:

ONLY time I used Items thru the entire event was with stage 5 team
 it wasn’t well constructed due to my lack of planning lol