Jean-François – 5* Fire/ Red - February 2020 HOTM (Hero of the Month)

I got grazul too. I’ll try her instead is azlar. I’m facing telluria tanks. With mono color. Tajst why I’m facingl this difficulty agains vela flankimh her.

Yeah. I have Zimkitha and JF myself that I use against the Telluria tanks. Basically, I hold off on firing Zimkitha until either Gravemaker or Vela fire, or both sometimes. I also bring in a regular Rigard with costume bonuses and mana troop to help with the healing and cleansing.

Defeated 3 tellurias in a row. Firts with +16, second with +18 and 3d with +19. Grazul really made the difference.

5 Likes

It’s +94 def against ice, mean if your def is 1000, it will be 1940 against ice. But as Vela does +70 damage against red and her dot ignore def, JF SS is not much helpful

someone could explain whose error is:
-the hero has a power with fixed damage
(in this case a residual damage of 302 base)

-the fixed value does not depend on anything, neither the hero’s attack nor the troop nor the talent network (unless you specify that the increase is exclusive to that power or similar)

• However, the hero in this image get an extra 14% of base attack level and an additional 14% increase in fixed damage.
  • then the fixed damage is not fixed but a% and it is an error in the card * the hero is misconfigured and it is an error in the talent network
  • the talent network when the attack is increased automatically also increases the damage of the pod either fixed or by% (which would be the misunderstanding to the largest logic in the world, since why put a fixed number if it has a variant and it is not fixed !!!)
  • some answer that does not contemplate

Damage Over Time (DoT) is a function of the heroes BASE attack stat. Things that affect the amount of DoT damage dealt are:

• Card attack stat (i.e. unlevelled has lower DoT than a maxed hero)
  • Emblems
  • Troops

Emblems you can see the effect on the hero card in your roster. Troops are only applied between hitting “attack” and the puzzle/board generating… Hence why the DoT in a battle is different from what is shown on the card before/after battle.

Read more here:

3 Likes

So, I took my time to go through this topic and… I came to no conclusion.

This guy is still a riddle to me: he seems a good hero (not exceptional) but his side effects are a bit situational.

Nonetheless, I see him used often and it baffles me, as when I crossed swords against him in raid very rarely posed a threat (mostly in case of a bad board… but in that scenario, even Horgall is a problem).

Of course it has a good sinergy with Telluria and Vela, as the first will make everyone have more time to shoot and his burn stacks nicely with the DoT of the second one, but besides that? What am I missing?

Furthermore, I will go for Gravemaker (as everyone) next month. But in case I don’t get him, I have three possible options:

• JF
  • Azlar
  • Elena (with costume)

To me, Elena is out of the game, not a big fan of her and riposters in general. Also, she’s a fighter and I’d rather give emblems to Poseidon, Kingston or BT.

I think both JF and Azlar would be a nice add to my red stack (currently BT, Zim, Anzogh, Wilbur, Falcon). My idea would be to remove BT and add one of the two: JF is fast and has useful side effects on his special which would work nice with my stack. Azlar is slow and doesn’t bring any additional effects… but he’s tremendously powerful when he shoots

Think he is not a bad hero at all offensively.

The reverse of def and protection against blue is very useful against Finley for example.

Super useful with the bunnies - Lepus and KH.

And i think the most underestimated of all but super useful - his elemental link in a 3,4 or mono stack.This crit 10% chance + if you have a crit troop on any of the res heroes in the stack can lead quite often to crazy crit tile damage

2 Likes

Thank you, all good points (and nice avatar too :grin: ).

Unfortunately I have no bunnies, but it immediately popped to my eyes that the reversal of def malus would be very useful with them.

And again yes, I think you are right about the added critical chance, underestimated but quite useful.

1 Like

Update from me, I got GM after my 10th coin pull. Did 15 in total to get another AM chest, but nothing more turned up. Really happy!

Now I can save the rest of my coins for Poseidon next AR :smiley:

2 Likes

Am i wasting this guy in the wing? I play blue green blue trio in front as of late so he has to go to the edge

Put him near tank and switch with one of the blues

You can’t use it with Mitsuko … too bad.

@Guvnor @zephyr1 @Rodrigooa25

I was just looking at JF and Mitsuko and i thought “what if i put them together in one team?” So I came here to look it up. And what did i see but a post stating you can’t put them together right at the bottom. My lucky day. :relaxed:

So… sorry if I missed it, but I wanna know, why we can’t use JF with Mitsuko? Does one overwrite the other? Whose special doesn’t work when they’re together? I figured, if you fired 1 first, both their specials would work. But then I didn’t know which one first. Please help. :vulcan_salute:

You can

They don’t

They both still work. Mitsuko reflects and blocks damage/ effects from SPECIAL SKILLS. JF reduces damage from any blue source.
Mitsuko does nothing to slash attacks or tile damage.

an ice hero won’t deal much damage with JFs protection. And the less damage you take, the less Mitsuko can reflect. Using them together is … not so good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Silver trio would be Vela-Tel-Clarissa.

That would be bronze because of emblem overlap. Silver is JF-Tell-Vela

I believe this is wrong, reflection happens before damage reduction so Mitsuko and JF work great together.

Blue heroes will take full damage from reflection even with JF’s special up

3 Likes

Courtesy of @kokokoko

5 Likes