Is this allowed- Gem scam

[Deleted screenshot]

Seen this post afew times about gems pack

No, SG doesn’t put out gem packs outside of the shop. This is most likely a scam.

The only thing outside of the shop that I have gotten were the 50 gems from facebook :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to clarify for the OP … that’s 50 gems from the official E & P Facebook site

2 Likes

That is correct, @princess1 Thanks for clarifying that :wink:

1 Like

Seen same code, being posted all day yesterday and is still posting now, amd has been most the day, moved off page b4 could photo shop

Please do try to screenshot the player’s name. Staff is acting to halt this spam.

2 Likes

Screen â– â– â– â–  has for some reason been deleted, will get again whn see again

This a different name bt here is the post same code

This is clearly a scam but I’m just wondering HOW exactly is it supposed to work? Is the code also a code of the app in Store? Cause in all of the “FREE GEMS!” scams I’ve seen a person has to download an app from the store (and that app is either full of spammy ads or infects the phone). Don’t understand how this one is supposed to work.

You should google the key word, as the message says. If you do that, you’ll get a single hit that directs to a blogspot page, then redirected to a raffle-like page. Whether the code is malign or not I can’t tell.

2 Likes

To clear any doubt, if the gems aren’t bought in the very official app then you are sure it’s a scam…
and I even add that everyone should try to ban them from the chat.

2 Likes

I find it highly suspicious that the “players” offering this are all very low level, likely accounts created just to perpetrate this scam.

2 Likes

Always assume malign

1 Like

I looked at it afew days ago, it wanted u 2 dwn load a game do 10 lvls, and fill in forms for a shop gift card

Don’t trust it unless it asks for your SSN.

1 Like

Other players (not me) explored these 1000 gem generators-- they turned out to be click bait that required personal info to join different kinds of marketing promotions .

It’s not worth the adware/spyware/phishing your phone/tablet can pick up with these scams.

1 Like

Jst now, they been going days, woth the same code bt different names, been 4 or 5 names now, and 3 days ago it was d on 13,

From right now…