[Tips, Help] But I didn't do ANYTHING but my account is trashed/ banned ! or Common mistakes, cons, and other nefarious methods to get your money, trash your account, or get you banned AND How to prevent this from happening [Updated 2020-Nov-06]

Subject
[Tips, Help] But I didn’t do ANYTHING but my account is trashed/ banned !! or Common mistakes, cons, and other nefarious methods to get your money, trash your account, or get you banned AND How to prevent this from happening

The Set up

Children - idle hands

You set up all your account information to auto complete or use your biometrics. You allow your children to play with your device without taking steps to secure you account information.

See below for why this is a bad idea.

Timeshare- Good intentions

Your alliance, or your group of friends, shares account info so you never waste energy, miss a war, or miss a titan. Someone you trusted with your account info is a bad person, or careless with your account info and a bad person gets it from them.

Helping hand - Wolf in sheeps clothing

Same as Timeshare, but they offer you help with your roster or leveling up. This is surprisingly common in MMOs.

See below for why this is a bad idea

Ex-relationship- Revenge

You have a bad break up with someone who knows how you store your passwords and you do not immediately take steps to prevent them from getting your account information.

See below for why this is a bad idea, even though this is totally not your fault, they are a$$hats.

Discount currency/ items- Too good to be true

A website advertises discount currency or items. This is never a good idea.

Paid level up

A website advertises leveling up our account/ farming for you. This is never a good idea.

Bought account

A friend, a stranger, or a company, offers to sell you an account. This is never a good idea.

Bad ideas

Children

Problem-
Children can accidentally trash your account or make IAP.

Tips-
Set up parental controls on your device. You will know the pass phrase, so you can disable the controls, but this will prevent them trashing your account or making IAP.

Friends, teammates, etc.

Problem-
Friend/ teammate rage quits your group, your alliance, Empires, etc. They decide to make themselves feel better by changing everyone’s shared pass phrase, trashing their accounts and making lots of large IAP.

Tips-
Never, never, never, share your account info with friends or teammates.

Ex-relationship

Problem-
After a bad break up, your ex decides to change your account pass phrase, trash your account, and make lots of large IAP.

Tip-
Change your account pass phrase, and the main pass phrase if you use a password manager, to a new set of pass phrases.

Change the location where you keep the hard copy of your important pass phrases, and the main pass phrase if you use a password manager.

Discounts or paid level up

Problem-
The company uses stolen credit cards to purchase the items, which is why they offer the discount, and the fraud is discovered by the MMO company and your account is banned. If USPS money orders were used, you may be part of a criminal investigation for 2- 5 years.

The company waits a few months until you have recommended their services to all your friends, then has a fake data breach so they can trash you, and your friends accounts. Then a shell company sends you an advert for “fixing your account” or “purchase a high level account with rare items and loads of currency”

An employee of the Discount/ paid level up company rage quits and decided to trash all the client accounts.

Tip-
Never give you account information to any company for any reason.

Bought account

Problem-
You buy an account, it turns out to be a banned account, so you can do nothing with it.

You buy an account from someone who cheated the MMO company or violated their TOS. After a few months the company discovers the problem and bans the account.

Tip-
Never buy accounts.

Account Situation

Edit:

@Magnifique posted a good bit of information, what to do if you have questions about your account discipline.

You need to contact support.

Support, and only support, can discuss your account and its situation.

(

10 Likes

Weird

If you think something is weird, report it.

Bounty

SGG might pay you thousands of USD ( see notes )

Too good

And to repeat again

Never share your login with anyone

If it seems too good to be true, it most likely is too good to be true.

Notes

Click for notes

SeasonGate

Update

Latest update ( and hopefully the last )

([SOLVED] Possibility to replay Morlovia and reearn the rewards - #236)

Click for opinion

I often heard growing up

But in the case of this topic, a better one is probably

Why do we have rules?

FIN

5 Likes

I can’t find out who to contact or how to contact someone about my account being suspended. Can someone please help me?

1 Like

Follow the instructions in here:
https://smallgiantgames.helpshift.com/a/empires-puzzles/?p=web&s=contact&f=how-to-contact-support

Good luck!

1 Like

US Holiday

Happy pre Thanksgiving to all US forum users

Remember, just because you have energy left in your energy bar, does not mean you cannot help your young relatives have fun Holiday memories

Just do not let them play with you main account ( see notes )

Notes

FIN

1 Like

Placeholder for now

Please repost this as it’s own topic

Or I can do it for you

First I have heard of the only way this works

Only heard lots of stories starting with the third party vendor ( credit card company, gift card store, Apple, Google, etc.)

This really needs to be more explicitly spelled out in Live service/ leased software game

Thank you❗️

1 Like