Is the game heading to pay to win?

Trust me, that’s no fun either. I just quit because I’d reached “the end of the game”. Once you’re at the top there is nothing left to do but repetitive grinding and praying for one of the uber heroes you missed. The social aspect is the thing that I think keeps most people here long after they’ve stopped having fun.

Anyway dunno what the OP hopes to accomplish, SGG will NEVER EVER address the player base regarding their business model. They are only accountable to their investors. The only way they are going to change their approach is if their revenue starts showing a downward trend. The only way that will happen is if people stop spending.

3 Likes

I don’t know any phone game that hands out it’s business model (maybe there are some), and I’ve been playing games for years.

I play. If I’m happy I keep playing, and maybe make a burble in an existing forum. If I’m unhappy, I suggest change. If changes don’t come (or aren’t what I wanted), I leave.

I need to write a list of every positive change SG has made since I started, because there are many. I may not like everything, but I like enough to stay and keep playing. :wink:

5 Likes

“Hasn’t responded to” is not the same as “doesn’t care”. Sometimes there are not easy answers and rushing to give one isn’t the best move. (I have seen SG answer certain concerns and then be savaged after their openness.) The relationship between players and SG goes both ways.

Is E&P swinging to P2P? I don’t know. I’m C2P—low on the ultimate game totem pole—and still playing, but I might have different expectations than another player.

I find it a relative question.

I’m very sensitive to straight-P2P games. I’ve been on some of those for 1-3 months. Been here for 18.. I think the longevity speaks a little to the state of the game… P2P? Hmm…

2 Likes

tl;dr:
Play at your own pace. By all means.
A top 100 alliance is not the heaven that it appears to be. That gold is fools gold.

Amen!
This is exactly why I do not even attempt this.
On a good day, I can raid with the top players, and have a ball. :hugs: But I would never ever even attempt to achieve a high rank in the events. Throwing lots of time, items, effort and money at the event, achieve some ranking - and then spend lots more of the same, fighting to keep my rank, because lots of other players do exactly the same? Nope. Never ever. Not in a month of Sundays. And: what the h*** for? Yes, nice prizes, IF you can achieve and then hold a rank, that is (!), but at what cost? Including the stress, the bother, and the nerves? Naaawww …

In addition, in my own experience, membership in a top 50 alliance is no longer desirable.

With the introduction of 11* and especially 12* titans, and with the introduction of wars, membership in a top 50 alliance has turned into pure stress. Bother with huge titans, bother with huge war opponents, farm 24/7, make items, level up heroes like a factory (yes, you need more than 30 fully leveled 4* and 5* heroes for the wars, because you need a choice), log on often, spend every flag, set your alarm for the middle of the night to spend your war flags … etc etc.

And one day you wake up and say: “Hey! This is a game, not a job! I am sick and tired of this grind!”

And then you have 2 choices:

1. throw everything down and quit the game
  2. retire from playing intensively, join a smaller alliance, fight smaller titans, fight smaller war opponents, play for fun instead of work - and get your life back.

Many players choose No. 1. See the thread by @marlenus.
But an increasing number of players are choosing No. 2. I am one of them. :blush:

Small anecdote:
A gaming buddy of mine, a 4000+ TP player, joined a top 10 alliance the other day. He left after 3 days, of his own accord, when he had realized what he had got himself into.

Disclaimer:
The top 50 alliance that I belonged to was a wonderful alliance. No stress from the leadership, all players self-motivated.

It is the game itself, at that level, which becomes unbearable after a while.

And one more thing:
The game is set up in a way that - whatever you do - it will still tell you clearly: “You are not good enough.” Whether you are 1000, 2000, 3000 or 4000+ Team Power.

Unless you are one of the very talented players. They do exist. But they are few and far between.
If you are a normal person, however, you will never be “good enough”, no matter what you do.

Anyone who does not believe me is welcome to read the thread by @marlenus and the slightly older thread by @Avicious. Including the comments in the latter.

7 Likes

lol had to dig up this old gem haha

3 Likes

Soooo, what you’re saying is…the game’s road map hasn’t changed?

1 Like

I was there, Gandalf :joy:

4 Likes

what i’m saying is, it’s just interesting to read old :poop: once in awhile…how you think i got my title lol, bringing up old :poop:

2 Likes

this would have been the better one to link to…

bit more entertaining lol

1 Like

Oh not sure :wink:

They’re both goodies. Loved the staff comment that they wanted to make sure that those that spend would have clear benefits :laughing:

1 Like

Pay to win temporarily. Nerphs and more powerful heroes coming soon to a gate near you keep shuffling the board.

1 Like

Seems the people change but the complaints remain the same (as does the radio silence from SG)

Edit: @FraVit93 you must just be a glutton for punishment :rofl:

1 Like