Is Atomos, with his new features, going to be a new nightmare for opponent players?

I’m pulling for Falcon and Jackal next month, but if the newly buffed Kong showed up, I would not be disappointed. The stupid Owl, however…

I have 2 x Jackal, only levelled the one (silly me) and he is terrific with max emblems and crit troops, but I keep missing out on Falcon. Will have to do something silly if he carries on being elusive. Wonder how impressed the bank would be if I asked to extend the mortgage… (Just kidding! But tempted.)

I also got G. Chameleon last time, happy because he’s cute and quirky, but not going to level him any time soon.

Atomos… well no, I’m not going to level him any time soon either, as I have enough greens to be going on with and can’t think off-hand quite what role I’d need him for. It’s great that he’s viable now though, instead of the ongoing joke. What with him and Margaret, we’re going to have to pick on another Worst Hero of All Time ™. Thoth Amun, I suppose. S1 heroes need not apply because that’s too easy.

1 Like

Same. Guardian Kong was my first event 5*. Wasn’t exactly happy at that time, because I hoped for Panther, and while I tried to use him, I was not his fan. However, his damage boost and added cleanse mean he’ll get next rings unless something fiery and high-end shows up. Which is nice because his special looks cool, so it’ll be nice to see it more frequently. It makes even Vela’s nerf more digestible.

I’m interested to hear thoughts on how he will perform as a tank in general. In wars I’m suddenly stuck with Kingston there. Atomos is my only non-vanilla option.

@Olmor, I wondered the same thing in the Hero Balance thread. I was told:

Yes, the Springvale heroes. The rabbits used to be Average.

2 Likes

That is true

Hero Buff & Nerf Balance Change History - (See Post #2)

2 Likes

I’m gonna take my chair and wait for the nerf Atomos thread, yes sir :sunglasses:

1 Like

I ate 6 Atomos, I remember feeding to Hansel lol. Oh well.

Found one +15 as tank, sure he rezzed but after Seshat fired, he was easily snuffed.

Overall, I’m glad for people who had previously maxed him, now he’s not the worst 5*.

1 Like

The counter to boss Atomos seems to be the costumed Boril. If Boril special gives all allies reflect, can Atomos survive

1 Like

Or Elena for that matter, if she can fire at the right time

They cured some kind of cancer.
That’s nice. :lobster:

darnit, I had ursena 19 and poseison 20, and I just reset ariel 20 for w.rabbit. would’ve been perfect with new atomos.
oh wells. atomos is stuck at 3-70 till further notice

Disagree, at VS Boss was one of top tanks (Before Telluria) in the game. This comes from my experiences and SG official stats… and making him faster would have been OP. In fact, I used him with Crit Troop instead of mana and he was a beast. The issue now, with Boss Wolf is boiled down to one word…Malosi. Malosi retired him. Owl on the other hand…still searching for a good use for him…VF Tourney is all i can think of.

Atomos tanks are going to be a bit of a thing, but what will stop him from being the top tank will be that he’s a barbarian and the top two red flanks (if not THE best flanks post Vela nerf) are GM and Black Knight and they’re both barbarians. I waited two years to get GM. You can pry his emblems from my cold dead hands. Roc is a barb as well and he’ll be a nightmare if he comes out the way he is in beta.

But if you don’t have any of those you could build a pretty mean defense with an Atomos tank and Clarissa, Tyr, Ariel etc.

1 Like

Atomos is still a joke, albeit a lesser joke after buff.
The buff doesn’t magically turn him into a top notch defender.

1 Like

My alt is still trudging through S2, and happens to have fought 26-10 after the changes. It was fine. No big deal.

27-5 kicked my ■■■, but that may have been due to early error. But 27-9 definitely has me worried, especially since I have no counterattacks.

It’s not clear to me that he’s any faster as a boss.

And as with others, I don’t think he’s going to be amazing now, but just a decent hero. A low B instead of a C or D.

Hi all i just want to ask how Atomos after buff looks,players who max him is he good now?

1 Like

10 wins 5 loses overnight. He is above expectations for me

On the def + life path

7 Likes

I still cannot see him being a threat in any way. Any Atomos tank I’ve faced after the buff is still about as tough as a boiled lettuce leaf. Actually anywhere on defence. I still cannot commit the tonics to him

So I guess we are going to see him on more defense teams in raids or wars. Atomos tanks are going to be more common. The only thing that will speed down this process is that there are already two other great green tanks in the game: Telluria and Heimdall (Telluria was way overpowered before recent balance but she is still really good even after getting nerfed). Anyway, green tanks are going to be very common. We are going to see Atomos, Telluria, and Heimdall everywhere. What bothers me is that I don’t have any of them :sweat_smile:. I have a really great green hero: Mother North and I really like her but after all she is a wing not a tank, and my defense team still lacks a good tank :frowning_face:

1 Like