⚖ Hero Balance Discussion: Uraeus

This thread is for discussing whether Uraeus is well-balanced, or whether you think he needs a buff or nerf.

This thread is NOT for general discussion of Strategy or Summons related to Uraeus. For that, please see: Uraeus – 5* Holy/ Yellow - Feburary 2021 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

If you’d like to see more threads like this — or ignore threads like this, please see instructions in: 🔔 Watching or Ignoring Hero Balance/Buff/Nerf Threads

:bar_chart: Poll

• I think Uraeus is reasonably well-balanced overall
  • I think Uraeus is excessively weak, and needs a buff (increase of their strength)
  • I think Uraeus is excessively strong, and needs a nerf (decrease of their strength)
  • I’m not sure yet

0 voters

:speaking_head: Discussion

• If you think Uraeus is well-balanced, too strong, or too weak — why?

• Are there specific, concrete suggestions you’d make to the game designers to alter Uraeus? Or are there specific reasons you think they should remain unchanged?

Purpose of this thread:

To provide an aggregate place for the topic here on the forum; thus preventing there being a million threads popping up. And to provide an actual set of impartial votes rather than a #ideas-feature-requests which has no real voting.

In short, to neaten the forum and to give players and outlet for their thoughts on her balance without bogging down the rest of the forum or the other Uraeus thread.

5 Likes

This topic will open 48 hours after Uraeus’ release to the live game.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 41 hours.

I think Uraeus might be pretty interesting hero for offence team fighting Bera/Freya tanks. Him being average speed might “kill the fun” a bit, but I think he would be very OP if he was fast. Very useful special skill IMO, he will be getting darts and mana 23 troops if I am lucky enough to get him.

2 Likes

I believe the sand damage from pre nerf which is about 400+ is meant to counter minion heavy teams, which I don’t think nerfing it even mattered in the long run because that sand damage is locked into a specific condition. The nerf to 180+ was waaaay too worthless as a dot on average, on top of that specific condition to activate it. glad they increased it back to a reasonable amount of 300+

I find his bypass minion skill to have some problems as well. It might sound awesome on paper to be able to jump over minions and attack the target directly, but it could also be a double edged sword at times. Against minions that have effects of their own like lady of the lake, Freya, QoH, you need to kill the minion first. Especially for heroes like Freya and QoH who has defence buffs, you run the high risk of not killing them and have their minions running amuck, wasting his skill. Freya is also fast, so she can keep applying minions even if the sand damage persist, so this is probably what the 400+ sand damage is for. If new summoner heroes that have unique skills arrives, this hero will be quite unreliable at times, he needs to go all out against a summoner, if not he backfires hard. Not the strongest minion killer, as there are better ones like skadi and grimble.

6 Likes

I hope he will have enough time to charge himself before die because as I understand well he will die before fire so

But he will kill a minion in a following turn, especially for LoTL. But if he will kill LoTL herself by bypassing a minion, he will shred other swords via dot damage.

Mine usually stays alive, I pair him with another minion summoner so with the meat shield and self heal he has well survivability. I pair him with at least Delilah so they get 2 minions each at the same time.

1 Like