Hero Academy! Can we please have more information?

The hero academy hasn’t been released yet. There’s a placeholder in the ‘convert’ list, but that is all. It’s for a future update.

5 Likes

It’s anyone’s dream quite frankly

I’ve been dreaming of Lianna for a year

I reckon it won’t be easy. They might request three particular 5* or say 3 dupes of a 5*. Maybe a changing list. Eg. This month to get Lianna you need Thorne, Obakan and Groot

Or as @BarryWuzHere suggested in the alchemy lab beta thread, it might just be a random 5* or 4*. Another roll of the dice. (Trade a 5* for a random 4* or 5*)

Would be surprised if HOTM are involved at all, those Atlantis portals are cash cows

2 Likes

Kinda-sorta. Given what I’ve seen from the alchemy lab in beta … and given what TC modes 10, 11, 13, and 20 look like which being an advanced building should be “better” in some way, here are my guesses, assuming that what it will give you is some new hero or other at level 1/1:

1. The output WILL be random heroes from some pool or other.
  2. If you trade in a hero, you will get a hero of at least the same rarity, if not an upgrade – Putting in a 4* will most likely result in a 4*, with some odds of getting a 5*; putting in a 5* will result in a random 5*
  3. Since TC20 already produces 5* heroes, but not HotM, Event, Atlantis, or Seasonal heroes, there will be SOME mechanism which can produce something that isn’t possible from TC20.

There might be a mode that requires you to trade in a non-TC20 hero to get a new non-TC20 hero.

There might be a mode with a small chance of getting a non-TC20 hero.

There could also be something that trains up feeder troops, or something built into it that does things for the new “skins” feature that we haven’t heard much about yet.

11 Likes

All this guessing is exciting isn’t it. Like chasing after smoke lol

3 Likes

Given what’s being seen with the alchemy lab in beta, expect to trade in a 5 star + gems for another random 5 star.

3 Likes

Or a largish number of 4 stars plus gems for a random 4 star or possibly a 5 star.

I’d rather gamble with my duplicate 5* heroes than with 4* Ascension items. This seems a better deal to me.
Having a 100 % rate for a 5* is something a lot of players dream of. But I guess it will take more than half a year to get this building ready :joy:
but that still seems to be worth it because I guess I will collect about 4 5* heroes in this time, which is far from having a complete collection

2 Likes

Keeping myself out of beta threads so I won’t be spoiled too much…

As @General_Confusion brought up earlier, I hope the academy is smart enough to check for duplicates, but I doubt it.

So… If randomized, there might be a case for a scenario like… You have an unused Thorne, throw him, ## of gems, and/or other resources in… The butter churns, and out comes… The same Thorne. You have now exactly where you were, but now ended up some ## gems and/or other resources short. RNG is going to RNG, I guess.

Now it just comes down to how much gems and/or other resources will be required and see if you think it is worth it to gamble on the flip.

1 Like

With the time it will cost to build the academy.
By then I will have all 5* heroes from TC20.
I hope there will be an option to get hotm or event heroes… If not it will be a total waste of time and resources…

It could be worse. It could convert Thorne to Kadilen…

Since I am collecting, if I didn’t already have Kadilen, I’d have considered that a plus actually.

But assuming that’s how Hero Academy works and you end up getting duplicates or ones you already have, you’d essentially paid gems and heroes and ended up worse than when you started off (e.g. ended up with a hero you didn’t want, the same hero, minus the gems you spent), whereas the TC20 is still gacha, but the odds might be better there, and you’d only spent farmable ham, cutting stone, and training time.

1 Like

I’ve done over 600 trainings in the TC20 and I’m still lacking 8 out of the 20 classic 5* heroes (even 9 if I consider that my two Thornes were summoned not trained).
Very few F2P or even C2P players will get all twenty classic 5* heroes.

As for the mechanics, we will see, but it is said to be F2P friendly, so I suppose we will not need more than one hero to convert it into another of the same rarity (those who aren’t big payers, have very few 5*,so giving away two of them and get a Quintus or Kadilen back would cause many to ragequit). We might need several heroes of rarity X to convert it to rarity X+1 or maybe a fully ascended and leveled hero to upgrade her/him to a higher rarity.

2 Likes

Is there any discussion of general ideas of how it might work from an actual Dev? There was a Dev Q&A some time back where one of the responses was that it was NOT necessary to keep stores of duplicate heros. 100% certain of this. I have burned quadruples lately even with after adding a few more slots, based on that post and that trading is not likely to come anytime soon if ever.

The Dev didn’t say " it wasn’t necessary to keep duplicate heroes", what he said was basically “This feature is so far away and not even conceptually developed yet that I can’t recommend anyone horde heroes to the point where it clogs up their hero roster”

2 Likes

I know they advised against it, but a lot of people are hoarding, just in case.

It’s getting a little excessive :rofl:

6 Likes

This is what I was thinking, too, though I hope they go one step further and categorize the heroes. For example, trading in a HOTM and gems/other materials would give you another, random HOTM.

3 Likes

yes… or create points per each category.

An example: to summon another random 5* hero need 100 points and:

• regular 5* = 15 points
  • HoTM = 50 points
  • Season 2 5*= 40 points
    or something like that and sacrificing those heroes you get point to use in “summoning another 5* hero”
5 Likes

“Duplicate 5 stars”

LoL is that even.possible? Legendary hero’s are rarer than chickens teeth in my world. Got two in a year. Thank goodness they’re Vivica and Magni.

1 Like

I have 8 five stars and 3 of them are Ranvir, praying for a way to convert the other two even if it’s only to a randomly selected classic hero

Magic happens :wink:

Also my TC20 give me 3 Marjana and 3 Joon, 2 Isarnia and 2 Thorne.

I think I have a photocopier not a training camp :rofl:

8 Likes