Hero Academy! Can we please have more information?

I would like Hero Academy to be able do something like this:

• (One a month) Trade a Hero of the same type (S1, Events, HotM, S2)
    This way we should be able to trade one Natalya for a GM;
    The main idea is to be able to trade hero’s of the same sesson, event, HotM.
    I think this is the only way to new players that started the game later on, to catch up and even things a little bit.
5 Likes

I’m just hoping its smart enough not to give you a hero you already have…I could see it creating even more frustration if it doesnt check your current heroes

14 Likes

I second this. I don’t really care if I have to trade in 3 season 1 5* to get something I can actually make use of.

8 Likes

Is there any word yet when these new buildings are coming? They announced them 5 months ago and my whole town is maxed out, I want something new to build lol

Ready already!!!
60+ flat 5*

1 Like

wow how much did you spend?

Sweet Jesus, I’m guessing your a whale (giant spender). Nothing wrong with it, but you’ll have to spend thousands more on all of the bundles to even be able to max all of them. There’s only so many 5* you need, once you get above like 40-50 maxed 5*, it becomes redundant and less fun

1 Like

Just been a hotm magnet. I ate 6 Zims and 5 Eves when I first started, thought hotm dropped like 10% rate.

I don’t think the word “Guarantee” and this game will ever go together haha. At best I think the it will be a system like trade in 10 4* for a 25% chance at a vanilla 5* or something.

4 Likes

“Keep your duplicated heros”

Is this true?

It’s a rumor or there’s something I can tell to my ally.

Additional roster space is pretty cheap. Nobody knows what the mechanics of the hero academy will like like when released, but most probably heroes will be used to turn them / upgrade them into other or maybe even higher tier heroes. Thus you should definitely keep any 5* duplicate hero and all special 4* (monthly event, seasonal event, Atlantis). I personally also keep one or more copies of all the regular 4* heroes and one copy of a few great 3* heroes like Melia, Namahage or Gill Ra (just in case Hero Academy should allow to directly upgrade them into a 4* version which of course is highly speculative - but as mentioned: roster space is cheap)

Nobody can tell for sure what is going to come, but it’s definitely no mistake to be prepared :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love to see it work as follows; Put a five star regular hero in, get a random five star regular hero out. Put a five star hotm in, get a random five star hotm out. Although that would hurt the short-term :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag: for the devs, I really think it would benefit the long-term survivability of the game. Which means more :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag: in the end. Something tells me it won’t be that simple though :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

i hope it would be fusion system , *5 fusion with another *5 = random *5 ( 90% normal , 1% for each special *5)

I hope not. This means you will have to spend two 5* heroes to maybe get another Quintus or Thorne :neutral_face: F2P and C2P players only get very few 5* heroes anyway. With such a fusion system they might get one or two new TC20 5* for their few duplicates. As for 4* heroes, with this percentages they would burn through dozens of duplicates until maybe get a special one from their TC20 heroes.

I would rather like to see a more F2P/C2P friendly system so that they get better chances at special heroes through activity. Someone who has five Boldtisks, seven Grimms and six Borils doesn’t need a building that pops out even more of those heroes most of the time.

However, I would immediately sacrifice two Grimms, even partially or fully leveled to get a Frida out of it. I would also immediately sacrifice a 4/70 Grimm + a few telescopes and warm capes to get a 1/1 Frida, Arthur or Athena.

3 Likes

I will be pleasantly surprised, but completely and utterly shocked if hotm and other non-TC20 heros are in any way associated with this hero academy. I definitely would not get your hopes up.

Now, if I can trade in Horghall and Thorne and get Lianna out? I’m 100% in, no questions asked. That’s a C2P players dream.

10 Likes

I was hoping we can obtain heroes straight up. Like in my case I want GM so I’d trade my duplicate Hel or some high value item or both.

The idea of it being randomized isn’t very appealing to me because every piece in my hero collection is valuable to me except several of the 4* and 5*duplicates that I am willing to give up.

I am hoping it is like that but if not then I’m sure it’s gonna work for others for sure.

Random

Dev Tim has discussed trading and Shards ( two methods to get exactly the hero you want ). Both of which I expect to see in Empires.

But Dev Tim specifically said Hero Academy is a short term solution to the lack of trading and shards. So it will most likely be random. Otherwise it would compete directly with shards and indirectly with trading.

Hope springs eternal

Yes, you are most likely correct ( see notes ).

However.

I, for one, am getting my hopes up

Click for quotes

From another conversation:

There is no “Advanced Training Camp” in Beta. But there is a “Coming Soon ™” Hero Academy.

Are they the same building?

It is actually quite confusing. The “Advanced Training Camp” and Hero Academy both “converting existing heroes into new Heroes” ( see notes )

Notes

Click for notes

Dev Tim ( emphasis added)

FIN

FIN

4 Likes

Well, there is random and there is random. For example it should be that you can’t get heroes you currently have, but its random within that set of heroes. Hopefully it isn’t random like doing a summons - at that point I would call it useless.

4 Likes

The only easy solution was Alchemy Lab. With Alchemy Lab there seems to be an upward motion. Using 1* ingredients gets you something better.

With Hero Academy it sounds like the best we can hope for is a duplicate 4* hero will give us another 4* hero. Even if it gives us the same 4* hero back. But even Dev Tim admits they are still struggling with the problem.

Rumors says Hunter’s Lodge showing up in Beta was a total surprise. And is rapidly changing in Beta due to feedback.

So I imagine the Devs priority was 14* Titans ( still testing ), emblems ( done? ), Lodge ( still testing ), Lab ( coming soon ™ )and Academy ( still in design phase ).

Though some way to hoard iron is my top priority, especially with rumored Lodge and rumored 3*/ 4* Titan parts supposedly heavily RNG like Midnight root and Dragon Bones. So one week I will need to make a lot of 5* Panacea, and other weeks I will be stuck crafting 2* Health potions.

2 Likes

Now that it’s officially released…even though nobody has built one yet (probably), can anybody officially explain how the mechanics of the Hero Academy will work?