Hero Academy! Can we please have more information?

I’m c2p and have 2 Richards and 2 Elkanens. TC20 is cruel. Heavy spending players have many duplicate heroes. I knew one who pulled 3 Gravemakers back in June 2018.

1 Like

Holy Hoard of Heroes @StephenNap89!! That would probably drive me crazy :joy::joy:

1 Like

I’ve been fortunate 17 5* and only duplicate is ravnir

I’m also saving dupes :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Four Elenas, 3Thorne, 3Domitia, 2Vivica, 2Sartana …

I know what you mean, I also have 7 Margaret’s :rofl:

1 Like

It is driving me crazy. I have Hel at 4/70… I’m sure you know how slow those last few levels are :rofl:

1 Like

Lol, I’m just finally finishing off Musashi, my very 1st summon unfortunately, but he’s been sitting at 3/70 forever.

Hel is my next project after I finish off Frida

Congrats on finishing Musashi :slight_smile:

I always work on one of each color at a time. I only have 6 maxed 5*(top alliances require 20 maxed 5*s, I believe). Hel will be 7.

Team 2 is what I’m currently working on. And yes, I still don’t have a leveled Boldtusk. I got him late in game.

I really hope they get to hero academy soon. I’m seriously running out of roster space. I don’t wanna keep buying it :confused:

Edit: Only leveling Agwe because I have no other unique 4* blue options left besides Captain of Diamonds, who is at 3/60. Getting both there and then maxing Diamonds.

2 Likes

Funny you mention Boldy. Just got him recently myself. He’s at 3/60 currently. I’m still waiting on Wilbur or Proteus…it’s rather torturous.

1 Like

A lot of the great 4* heroes eluded me early in the game. I haven’t had a maxed Rigard for very long either. Kiril was my healer for the longest time.

I really, really wanna shelf Boldtusk for Mitsuko… but it takes so long to max a 5* and I am working on two right now. Probably for the best that I do Boldtusk first. Sigh. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hear that. Same issue I have. I’m resisting starting Hel until I finish the 2-4* I had started. Jumping around gives you nothing but a mishmash of half leveled heroes. Learned that lesson quickly too. Although Hel is giving me the hairy eyeball everyday I scroll past her :joy:

2 Likes

The actual quote doesn’t say what you think it said:

“Too speculative to stockpile heroes” is very different than “not necessary to keep stores of duplicate heroes.”

What he was saying back in March was that if you stockpile heroes, you’re making a bet that they will be useful, and he can’t promise that’s how Hero Academy will work just yet. So he wasn’t advising people to blow resources stockpiling duplicate heroes that might or might not be useful.

But the statement: “I’m hoping there will be a legitimate use for duplicates” suggests that Hero Academy consuming duplicates is a distinct possibility.

So…read the tea leaves as you see fit. My judgement was that roster space is cheap compared to 5* heroes. And so I have been stockpiling 5* heroes. We shall see if that was a wise call.

7 Likes

Short answer

I am storing duplicates, but I have 242 slots. Oops, 252.

F2P players should decide based on slots and hero roster.

Long answer

He also mentioned they are working on trade, but it is 2-3 year down the roadmap. If they do something like Pokémon GO, trade will require a friends list first to avoid scamming newbies and to keep the black market mostly in check ( nothing can eliminate it. Because. Humans. )

I admit to storing duplicate Proteus, Wu Kong, Wilbur, Boldtusk, etc. since they seem heavily desired. But depending on how Shards is implemented ( also 2+ years ), they may be more useful to boost newbie teammates than trade currency for heroes I want. Shards could be a nice system to curtail the trading black market and solve the hoarding duplicates problem.

Just like your parents make you eat your vegetables first, Devs have to finish a few thing before adding to their list. Alchemy Lab and Hero Academy are intended to be cookies you sneak in between broccoli and carrots, not the triple chocolate ice cream cake at the end.

7 Likes

Any chance that the heroes that are created are brand new heroes?

This thread turned into a wishlist discussion :confused:
Can SG please just drop any minor hints that will allow us to know how valuable duplicate hoarding might be right now? The caveat that things could change is fine, give us a hint of the concept or just confirm or deny the duplicate issue so some of us can free up space please :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:joy: at chicken teeth rarity comment. Thanks alot, i woke up my women :joy: and she didn’t find humor in me finding humor in that comment…“Go to bed yah damn court jester” is the comment i received with a scowl! :joy:

4 Likes

Almost as rare as eel’s feet I’m afraid…
:smile:

1 Like

I need help to know about the hero academy, can you explain to me please

2 Likes

SGG is working on it. That’s about all we know at this point.

3 Likes