📯 Gefjon – New Season 3 Hero – 5* Fire/ Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

If anyone’s interested, here’s Marjana and Gefjon at +18. Both with all attack nodes.

20 Likes

Wasn’t sure how she would gel with Noor, but it turns out they have a pretty decent synergy. Tel + 1 summoner will ensure both have enough minions to keep them alive until the end if things go pear shaped for the rest of the team. Previously Noor would be alone in a similar situation and would rarely have a chance to recover from it but now working together they can be a threat

Gefjon is at 4.45 in this video and yes I know I didn’t play it well initially!

3 Likes

I had Gefjon , Vanda and JF. Vanda will be a killer vs TGV defenses. Dont know if i should lvl her or just go for gefjon to get another sniper in my red team(first useful sniper is marianna). Vanda is my only 5 sorcerer class so i had a lot of spare emblems fo her. What do u think who deserve my rings?

I’ve had this exact situation. I went for gefjon but time will tell if it was right. I will say, she is very fun to use against seshat in particular taking those minions and having them replicate on you is fantastic. I also stole QoH card minion to have taunt before ursena went off which was very satisfying.

She’s a clear upgrade to marj that’s for sure, however she’s not bringing anything that different other than the minion steal (which is admittedly very good). I chose her special but also so I could use my rouge emblems elsewhere that used to be on Marj. Plus I already have Grazul for the ailment block.

If you don’t have Grazul, that VF block is invaluable against gtv. I would go for her first if you don’t have Grazul because it will be more of a step change in offence than an incremental sniper upgrade

2 Likes

Agree it depends on if you need a strategic blocker for your teams or if you want to (considerably) up your firepower.

That said, the minion stealing is also quite strategic - it allows snipe kils that would otherwise not be possible by any other hero in the game (1:28 in the video), plus it provides hilarity such as stealing Bera’s minion and using it to bite her and prevent her from casting her special the next time.

Admittedly Bera was at wing, which I think is an absolute waste for both Freya and Bera. Still, it shows Gefjon’s potential. Gefjon is at 4/80/19 in this video (attack path)

2 Likes

Its like this guy was deliberately taunting gefjon or other minion counter heroes. Well, he got what he asked for!

3 Likes

Well I looked up this thread to see if anybody had specifically used Gefjon on Seshat, and to find out if the replicator minions still replicate when they are on Gefjon.

Your video clearly shows it. The answer is yes. That’s awesome, thanks @Homaclese

You are also going to convert me to Noor, I think she gets my next rings

2 Likes

You are welcome. These days I like to put together teams and fight against teams where I ideally win, but where the matchup is fun too. Gefjon and noor against seshat or any of the strong summoners is a lot of fun.

Lady loki vs dot heroes is fun. Grazul and c rig are not fun but their boring things help the fun heroes do their fun things

Warms the cockles of me heart to hear that. I’m still really enjoying her against tel + 1 other summoner teams. And she does work well with gefjon. Kind of like on paper you think lady loki and grazul wouldnt work, but in reality have great synergy

Isn’t Gefjon and Noor hunting each other? So, if Noor’s minnions killing enemies minion, then there are no minnion left that can be steal by Gefjon isn’t it? But, still… Noor is slow and not always wipe everything minnion on enemies, because of random target on each turn right? I have both at 3.70, will also interest to try this lineup team synergy.

So I wasn’t sure about this until I tried them out. It is largely a matter of timing, as you deduced. Tell often fires first, triggering an innate minion from Noor. At best, with 1 minion Noor will take 3-4 turns to kill all that she can (depending on targetting, depending on whether Vela is there). Gefjon is often ready during this period and has an opportunity to take a minion.

Even if Noor fires her special, if you have Gefojn ready when Freya or Bera or Seshat fire then straight after that Gefjon can be triggered to steal the minion, before the Noor minions start doing their work.

Finally, Gefjon can effectively steal Vela’s minions which Noor’s minions can’t touch. This makes Noor’s minions much more efficient as hits are not being wasted.

Noor’s minions are often enough to handle any minion threat but if there are multiple specials coming in, or you have Bera on the playing field, then distirbuting the load between the 2 helps out

1 Like

Had a great raid today where Vela spawned 3 minions in three turns with her thorn minion ability (low odds right?), only for my Gefjon to smack her and take her minions. Brilliant

4 Likes

I fought against my first Gefjon today, I won but only just. She one-shotted 3 of my heroes with full health!! haha

1 Like

I assume this is e and p’s final solution to Telly. Unfortunately your still gonna see Telly at top of Raids though as she is too hard to get…I guess they figure people will spend for her though.

is gefjon nerfed? my card shows 465 percent damage while the intro description said 500 percent damage?

She isn’t nerfed. Her special ability is at level 1. I suppose that it will increase a 5 % each time until she reaches the level 8.

Interesting! I was wondering that!

I think those who are lazy to use their brian just want fast hero to fire soon and over win and lose
But game is puzzle not just fight and it is amazing when use all heros skills on right time .
During raid I always am so happy to find team with snipers to easily wipe them they fire and damage one hero till next fire one of my both healers fire and heal and that sniper do nothing because the only skill they have is damage.
With two healer snipe team are totally useless at least on war and raid

Got her when I finished Valhalla. She is my 8th red 5*, and will steel the rings from Azlar - poor kitten, will stay on 3/70 until I get the costume. Hope to bring her against some Telluria-Tanks. Unexpected, but happy!

3 Likes

Finally got her! Am I the only weird one who likes her not for her sniping skills or minion steal, but for the sound of her whip?

3 Likes

You’re not alone. She’s like Finley and his sword : quick and brutal. :smiley:

1 Like